kind

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain dependent and oponent dependent, position dependent and stack size of other players matter. I'd opt in for min raise with non pair hands and small to mid pairs would probably jam.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even though 14 bb are already pretty much at all in push level . i personally would rather just limp with the small pocket pair and try to hit a set rather than pushing . i would only push with small pockets if i have less than 10 bb . however this depends on your position and opponent too . if you have a loose player raising you then i would definitely also push with small pockets preflop against him

i would not play A9 A6 etc at all in that spot . because you still have 14 bb and you can wait for a better hand . i would only push with such hands if you are less than 10 bb .

but thats just me and my personal playing style . so take it with a grain of salt

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 14 blinds I wouldn't shove I would play with a big raise.If the stack is less than 10 blinds i would play any of these hands

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd not shove at a final table with any of these hands with 14 bbs, i think it's way to early for that.
Imo those hands are a shove with 5 bbs.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From what I've seen, 14bb still has a LOT of game.
Depending on the type of tournament player you are playing even min-raises are valid.
What stage of the championship are we in? It also completely changes the dynamic.

Maybe from late positions I could try to steal with some of the speculative hand possibilities you presented.
But far from wanting to go all-in with them, except in specific situations.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Push/fold ranges depend on your position, the stack sizes of other players, the payout structure and mistake propensity of the other players. Its not about choosing one type of hand over the other, but about getting as close to the correct ranges as possible. But to answer more directly, AX block some of the calling ranges, which is good, because you want people to fold. But on the other side the small pairs often have a bit more equity when called than rag aces. And within rag aces, being suited is often more important that the size of the kicker. So in some situations A6s can be a push, while A9o is a fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also as others have said, 14BB is not a pure push-fold situation. From early position all the hands, you mention, is usually just a fold especially on a final table. Its better to just sit out the hand and hope, someone else collide, so you get a free payjump. Or when you have been through the blinds, your stack might be shorter, so that you get a better risk/reward by pushing.

But starting from mid position you can also consider min-raising some rag aces. They are much better for that compared to small pairs, because they block the reshove ranges, and this is really important, when you dont want to call off a shove from another player. So for instance the A9o or the A6s can be min-raised in an attempt to steal the blinds. If someone shove on you, you have an easy fold, and if BB defend by calling, these hands do reasonably well against a wide range in position.

Finally 33-66 are not identical hands, even though they are all often referred to as "small pairs". Any pair lower than 55 has less ways to make a straight, and the lower your pair, the higher is the risk of getting counterfeited. On a runout like TT744 33 is playing the board and lose to any hand with a card higher than 7, while 55 and 66 beat hands like AK or AQ. So in some spots 55-66 might be a push, while 33-44 is a fold.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go for the smaller pairs and raise aggressively.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I thought it's a joke, because, IMO sng is one table only, mtt as a name points out is a multitable one. Am I right or wrong here?
Won't add anything in terms of answer, you have nice ones above.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first I thought it's a joke, because, IMO sng is one table only, mtt as a name points out is a multitable one. Am I right or wrong here?
Won't add anything in terms of answer, you have nice ones above.
SnG means Sit n Go, and is a tournament, which will begin, when a certain number of players have registered rather than at a set time. Most Sit n Gos are single table (STT), but there are also MTT SnGs. In the past pokerstars had MTT SnGs, which required up to 960 players to start. Today there are only 18-man SnGs left and then some "on demand" games, which will start, when a certain number players have registered, but then they have late registration like most time scheduled MTTs.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
paired 66 is the perfect option for this

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what stacks do the opponents have, what is the effective stack?

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in any case it's better to be less agressive on the final table if your stack is shorter than other players have.
Pairs 99+ or AJ+.
14bb is not the very short stack. Sometimes folds really can help to reach high place.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
14bb isn't precise, you have to consider the other players stack, if you're the shortest stack then you can push either with Ax, or pocket pairs, but if there is one or more players with less stack than yours, it's better to play carefully and consider the ICM.

P

PokerMaria

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
You are at the final table of a sng with only 14bb
Do you think it's better to rain all in direct with an ex
A9o
A6s
Or a pair that is already forming
kind
if i have to decide between your 2 options, then obviously the pairs. wonder what situation, position you would do it with a6-9o

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on other factors that your question doesn't make clear: position, bubble, opponents stack.

if it's the 45- people Sit&Go where the prize pool is usually distributed among the bottom 7, if you have people with less chips than you the 2X raise works best on the bubble, and trying to win the pot and a C-bet.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have given examples where the odds are 50/50, depending on what position you are in, what type of player is in the position in front of you, which table is 6 or 9 max, if it is hyper turbo, then you can use all the above hands

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Haha man, you probably thought that you asked an easy question, but got tonns of top tier analytics, showing that it is not a simple situation and requires some expierence and abilities to play with low stack on final table :). A lot of good advices were written abobe! My point would be, that the best way to learn how to play such situations - is to learn push&fold charts for every position, because they are not so obvious how you may think! Cheers and good luck on the tables (y)

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on position I'll do it against a tight opponent in late position and in early position against loose players.

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
with that amount of blinds it's possible that you wait for bigger pairs, I wouldn't risk it that way, and also regardless of the cards you receive, I think it's interesting to demonstrate that you're thinking, even if you already know you're going to discard, that way it makes the villain impatient making it easier for him to accept your all-in with good hands