christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know what postures I should take when I reach the final table of the Sit and Go, since I usually arrive short at this stage.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well playing any final table short stacked is difficult coz it will make you a target for all players. I think you should change your approach to how you play the sit n go of you are hoping for min cash at high % or you want to win at a lower %.
I'd say you are playing too conservative in 27 18 players stages and you are not aggressive enough when tables are 7 or 6 handed.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can play progressively aggressive, and if you are short stacked you go all in, at the first chance you really think it is good.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to know what postures I should take when I reach the final table of the Sit and Go, since I usually arrive short at this stage.
Hi.
It all depends on the situation, on the size of your stack, on your month at the table, on your opponents and on the structure of the tournament. There are many nuances that need to be taken into account, so your strategy should be flexible and be formed based on situational data.
Good luck.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn push/push ranges, since you are mostly going to be playing 1-street poker when short.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hello guy, maybe your mistake is not at the final table. If you get a FT with a short stack is really hard to continue because you must to be push/fold, but if you have a medium stack (10BB+) so you can play tight agressive always trying to not lose chips.

A small win is better than any lose.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends on how well you are stacked. If you are the chip leader, play carefully, otherwise more aggressive. Maybe you miss the point in the middle of the sit&go where you have to change to being more aggressive because the blinds go up?

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You have to up your game earlier, and build that stack up, without being too wild about it, before you get there.

In a MTT, there is playing to get paid, and then there is playing to win.

If you want to get paid, keep doing what you're doing - play carefully and hope to make FT and get a prize.
If you want to win, you have to do things that might cost you before you get to FT, but if you play aggressively and wisely, you will get to FT in a better position to win.

I have found that I was playing too carefully, just trying to make it to the end - I would make the final table, but I was usually short stacked and in big trouble - the definition of 'nit' in the poker world. And yes, I would make a little money, but I wouldn't win much very often. The short stack at FT does not have the luxury of waiting for the big hands. I had to widen my range and play a bit smarter before reaching FT in order to be in a better position to win the tournament.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi.
It all depends on the situation, the size of your stack, your month at the table, your opponents, and the tournament structure. There are many nuances that need to be taken into account, so your strategy must be flexible and be formed based on situational data.
Good Luck.
Thank you very much for the tip and for the response to the forum. Today it was the other way around. I was great at the final table, but I still finished third.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hello guy, maybe your mistake is not at the final table. If you get a FT with a short stack is really hard to continue because you must to be push/fold, but if you have a medium stack (10BB+) so you can play tight agressive always trying to not lose chips.

A small win is better than any lose.
Thank you so much for the tip and the forum reply. Today was the opposite. I was big at the final table, but I still finished third. I learned that being the chip leader we should be more aggressive and pressure the shorts at the table, but I lost close hands, like AJo against AK, or AQ against low pair. So I lost a lot of chips and ended up losing the win.

You can play progressively aggressively, and if you're low on chips you go all-in, at the first chance you really think it's good.
Thank you very much for the tip and for the response from the forum.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
wait wait for a great hand and enter the hand

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on how many chips you have left... you should take more risks when you re short stacked and steal the blinds, and you should avoid playing against the biggest stack unless you have a strong hand. icm is very important in mtt and sng so you have to adjust your game according to your stack and villains stack.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think you should play for the top 3 places and not to be ITM. This means you should eager to flip earlier in some spots or to risk earlier in order to build a healthy stack. Becoming a big stack means that you can apply more pressure to your opponents plus you will have better odds to win the SNG.

Another good tip is to put volume in your game if you can. Of course knowing some raise first in ranges is a must. :)

Good luck!

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I played aggressively in the 10th place and lost all one, because my opponent got

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many people recommend playing aggressively at the last table. I took first places and never played aggressively. This is not my style. I try to catch a good card, and even if I make 2bb, they mostly discard everyone. This is because BB is big and nobody wants to risk chips. So fighting at the last table keeps everyone on their toes. That's when I'm 2 vs 1 or 1 on 1 only then I add aggression and bluffing. Because playing on the map is already problematic and you can lose by folding often.