Extremely aggressive players: how do you beat them?

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A few days ago I was playing (very well) a freeroll tournament and I was defeated in the early game with an AA by a guy who had an offsuited, strange and small hand (I don't remember his hand). I put an all-in and he won (at the river, I think). But what is more impressive is the fact that he was calling all my bets in a game almost lost, almost...

Man, this is why I hate and I love poker at the same time. You can win a game with the best hand possible, but you can also win the game with the worst hand possible (before or after the showdown)...

So... let's go straight to the point... How do you feel about this kind of play in poker? And how do you beat these extremely crazy and aggressive players?

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Playing with extremely aggressive poker players can be difficult, but not impossible. Stay calm, be alert and flexible, use their aggression to your advantage and don't forget your strategy. Good luck at the poker table!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Difficult but not impossible, wait for the right moment and all in on them, be patient and wait for luck to arrive, success and good luck

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in such cases, you need to suppress emotions in yourself, not even as much as possible, just simply get rid of them. I don’t know what can help extroverts, but as an introvert I can handle it well. well, just waiting for the nuts, answering aggression with aggression can rarely turn out to be a profitable idea, if we are not talking about high limits

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
You just need a good hand and flop u you can take a lot of chips of them, patient

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
A few days ago I was playing (very well) a freeroll tournament and I was defeated in the early game with an AA by a guy who had an offsuited, strange and small hand (I don't remember his hand). I put an all-in and he won (at the river, I think). But what is more impressive is the fact that he was calling all my bets in a game almost lost, almost...

Man, this is why I hate and I love poker at the same time. You can win a game with the best hand possible, but you can also win the game with the worst hand possible (before or after the showdown)...

So... let's go straight to the point... How do you feel about this kind of play in poker? And how do you beat these extremely crazy and aggressive players?
I totally get where you're coming from! It's both frustrating and intriguing how poker can swing from the best to the worst hands. Dealing with super aggressive players can be tricky. I usually focus on patience, waiting for strong hands, and using their aggression against them. It's a mix of reading them well and timing your moves right. Easier said than done, but it works.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually expect a good hand and let him do the work of losing all his chips himself.

N

NL00Player1978

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
check to them and call them down with hands like top pair or more

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
having patience is key against these types of players and waiting for good hands and not bluffing this type of losing player.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is always much more difficult to face aggressive opponents than passive opponents, because poker is a game that rewards aggression.

But if an opponent is too aggressive, totally unbalanced, we must obviously wait for value hands and hope that he gives us all the chips and we will also fold less, call more even with not so good hands and counterattack.

When we are being very aggressive we hate to be counterattacked.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to expect good hands against such players, and it will be easy to beat them.

T

tovas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
be patient, at a distance you will still win, but moving in poker is nowhere to be found

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
It will depend how aggressive they are, if they play aggressively every hand then that means they do bluff as well but if they only play limited hands aggressively then they are very tight and at that time you should fold Top pair kinda hands considering the situation however if you think they do bluff just wait for a good hand to come and you don’t need to do anything at all they will do the rest and you will manage to win a good pot
Just stay calm and wait for your turn.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Have a plan and stick to it... Try to lure him... Make the villain think you have a bad hand... And strike... But also remember, patience is gold.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such players are quite common, especially in freerolls. However, if you are patient, you will have better results than the bingo players in the long run. In freerolls, luck is more important than anything else, so just play and be patient.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in this case, it’s better, as for me, to play from the opponent, if the player plays loose-play tight-aggressive, but post-flop, you shouldn’t inflate the bank before the flop

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freeroll players have their peculiar styles, aggressive, beginner, loss and players who are just going to allin, in relation to the style of games we can't criticize them because there are a wide range of styles and levels of players in freerolls.
To win them, I recommend that you only play for value and bet very heavily when you have good hands or formed hands and very strong draws, as the freeroll population pays more.
I indicate that you fold a lot to 3bets because the field is used to calling more and when they make a preflop raise they are usually very strong.
I tend not to use many bluffs just a cebet flop on dry boards.
In your case, you had a very strong hand and lost due to the nature of the game, I know that the opponent's decisions are bad, but like I said above, there are several styles of players, but we always want these calls in the medium and long term. glglgl

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree with what's been said from others in the thread.

Patience is the key word here.

Wait for a good hand to overcome the aggressive play.

Don't bluff in this situation, be sure as you can, you have the best and winning hand.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There is no way, after all, you will match with the best hand, he simply blushes and you still risk losing. What I do is play slow and just equalize with everything in mind, sometimes you don't have to see the flop, as your opponent will bet whether or not he has a good hand.

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Go crazy. Go allin every hand, it will scare the maniac into calm down.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Beating such players is not difficult if you first of all keep calm :) I mean that your patience will be an advantage over your opponent's aggression.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Trying to knock out their hand with a stronger raise, and if it doesn't help to look at the cards on the turn and river on the flop, maybe even AA will have to fold

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
First of all it is good if you meet this players in tournaments, because you have the possibility to identify their style much easier comored to zoom tables or similar formats.

If he is really playing any two cards (100%VPIP) you can play about 20% of starting hands and will have a very nice EV.

The interesting and complicated part of the game is to keep also all other players in mind. They also want to hunt the Aggressive player down and waiting for the nuts, so be careful in multi-way pots.

GL on the tables

F

F14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Extremely aggressive players are very difficult to deal with. They won't let us play