emotional control how to deal?

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a situation like this, especially at the end of the tournaments, I start getting anxious, so I have to use calming agents. Otherwise, I get impulsive, but it's not wrong to give all-in with AA, I haven already won and also lost with them in the pre-flop

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a game in which a person constantly experiences stress

Poker is a game in which a person constantly experiences stress. In any tournament you will lose hands, no matter how well you play. In order to play better and win more often, you just need to learn how to emotionally control yourself. Nobody will teach you this, just need to work with yourself and you will succeed. Emotional control is the key to success. Just try to be calm about your losses.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i just cant controll myself,when i get bad beat deep in the tournament,i think that happens to eveyone

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really, I've already gone through the period of stress the game. now I laugh when I give all-in with AA and lose with 52 of the opponent rsrs. there are times when you have to fun with poker. when I want play serious, to win even, I leave the world and to think of all odds and fold when I think it necessary

Poker is a game in which a person constantly experiences stress. In any tournament you will lose hands, no matter how well you play. In order to play better and win more often, you just need to learn how to emotionally control yourself. Nobody will teach you this, just need to work with yourself and you will succeed. Emotional control is the key to success. Just try to be calm about your losses.

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can try using things like a stress ball or yelling into a pillow. You'll be surprise in how much it helps calm you down. By screaming into a pillow you release all that anger . Hope this helps

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MKaizer07, lol that sounds funny but I'm sure it works. I have trouble dealing with stress & anger in poker. I might have to try that next time

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then find another hobby (maybe gardening). Cause poker is no where for emotion. If the pressure of a bad beat or playing some novice player that hits that one outter or their famous BINGO hand, does this to you. Then save your entry fee and find another hobby.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That situations u get, before that, you got a good hand, or on the contrary waited a long time and you've been caught out and shut down over a big stack

Mootizit

Mootizit

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Play thousand and thousand of hands and it will become natural for you.learn about sample size etc.

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to quickly replenish a defeat like that, especially if in that jugads you committed a lot of chips, as players we know that this pair will win most of the time so that blow takes it as something casual of the game ....

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing with hands so sometimes it affects your game a lot I had AA and I got 3BB and accepted at the table fell 8-5-J and the villain threw all in oense that was fish and I accepted was 7-8 in the hand and on the turn fell a 7

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read "The Mental Game of Poker" and "Zen and the Art of Poker" books.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get nervous.It's just one hand. Even AA lose sometimes.Stop thinking about it,go to the next hand and try to rebuilt your stack

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing if poker is never be too emotional about the hands you lose even if u had monster hand pre-flop. Another important thing is never tilt, atleast try to control yourself. Every card has a percentage to won the pot, even 7/2os or 10/3os.
So never be too emotional about the hands you lost try to continue playing like you played before you lost that monster hand. So focus clear your mindset and continue with the tourney. Just remember if you cannot control yourself try to stop playing poker, because you will lose your bankroll.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
That has happened to me, and I lose focus and I end up losing the tournament, you just have to concentrate, continue, you will not always win with AA, the other cards also have a chance to win, less than AA but they also have a chance, it is best to breathe deep and concentrate on continuing, there is always an opportunity to recover, look for something that relaxes you at that moment, whether it's listening to music or something