Effin' flushes on the river

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone gets them but me. Numerous times (more than I can wrap my head around) in the past week, I have been felted in tourneys by villians chasing flushes and catching on the river, beating my premium holding. It makes me wonder if I need to fear a board that has two cards of the same suit on it more than I do now. I usually acknowledge it in my mind but don't change my betting much when my hand will win if not for the possible flush. I mean when my hand is the four flush hand, I am not calling or raising out of proportion sized bets. If I do, I am usually not successful.
So, what I'm asking is this. Is there a formula, rule or guideline you use or know of when you are in this situation or should I just accept this and chalk it up to variance?

Thanks,
FITEMAN

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it happens to everyone. Who folds flush draws really?

The thing you need to do is adjust your betsizing on wet boards.

If you have AA and the board is J72 rainbow and you are HU, you can bet less than if you have top set on a KJ8 two flush board.

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're chasing a flush, you can call with immediate pot odds of 5:1.

So if the pot is $100 and villain bets $20, you're getting the right odds to call and see one more card.

This doesn't happen often, but you can often call worse odds (player dependent) if you think you will win a big pot if you hit. These are your "implied odds".

Again, if the pot is $100 and villain bets $40, you need to win a $200 pot when you hit to justify the call.

Full Flush Poker