Effect of Players Sitting out in Tourneys...

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was referred to earlier in the thread talking about adjusting play to the situation. You are effectively 3 handed and should play it like that or perhaps even like HU.

No, this isn't effectively being 3 handed. If it were 3 handed, I would get to have position 1 out of every 3 hands. In my scenario above, I was first to act 8 out of 10 times!
So you're right...you definitely have to raise a couple times to keep them honest, but when you are raising you are doing it absolutely in the dark, as the other players have not acted yet and could easily be holding a monster. It is the same argument as why you tighten your hand range when you are under the gun (first to act) and loosen when you have position (dealer button), except in this scenario it is multipled because you are under the gun for 80% of the hands! Not to mention there is a third player there as well that you have to worry about...

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually when there is only 3 active players and everyone else sitting out, it is good strategy to chat with the sit iners and decided a fold every hand simotaniously and everyone equally gets a fair share until sitouts are gone.

Then poker begins. For freerolls obviously you only see this happen. So cannot really complain about it can you?
I'm not positive (maybe another CCer can confirm this?) but that has to be considered collusion...

Edit: Also, even if this was allowed...if I was james herald in the situation above, there is absolutely no way I would ever take that deal. He is in a serious position to collect the majority of the dead blinds, and for him to accept a deal to donate them evenly to the other 2 players would be ridiculous

G

gazrosenau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simple solution to the sitout issue in mtts is this: just remove all sitouts after the first level like i know some sites already have this in place, but of course there is a downside to this as this cant be used in the buy games, but i am sure this whould help the freerolls run faster.

edit: maybe the sites could refund the buy ins to the sitouts after removing them, just a thought

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think of my question about joining the same tourney on multiple skins?

GOIVIT

GOIVIT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think of my question about joining the same tourney on multiple skins?

It can be done on multiple computers and twice on the same computer with "sandboxie".

A

allineh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great post & good discussion. I actually prefer to have a couple at my table just b/c it is dead money & I prefer shorthanded play. Going to check back in a few to see if there are any other tips or hints listed.

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collusion? LOL
I am not referring to actively playing multiple accounts at the same time. Just registering on several then playing just one, then if you bust out playing another skin. I mean it is colluding be cause you can never see more than one hand at a time and if they are suppose to be independent sites then I can't see the problem.

Danilo

Danilo

5am Club
Total posts
Awards
Chips
simple solution to the sitout issue in mtts is this: just remove all sitouts after the first level like i know some sites already have this in place, but of course there is a downside to this as this cant be used in the buy games, but i am sure this whould help the freerolls run faster.

edit: maybe the sites could refund the buy ins to the sitouts after removing them, just a thought

All Entraction Network sites (Irish Eyes Poker, Redbet Poker, Poker Mambo, etc. etc.) use these system after 15 minutes of the tournament sit outs are eliminated, i think a good solution, 15 minutes is a good time for tolerance players.

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don;t see why not, I mean must be a bit of a waste of time, why not just add some funds and play none donk fest games?

But yes I don't see it being wrong if you log into your next skin after busting out to play. Would like to hear more indepth thoughts on this?

Like do yall think its wrong to reenter a freeroll with multiple skins/usernames?

I know if you bust a regular freezout mtt or a mtt with late reg freezeout the system doesn't let you rebuy into the game as you already where in it and busted out. And they do not let you re enter, Im sure it has to be against there rules, maybe you would get the best answer from a cake support rep on this matter.

Would really like to hear there view on it.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its a buyin then you paid for the seat and its up to you to choose whether to play but if its a freeroll then after the first level you should be removed. Just my opinion.

I disagree. There are many people sitting out that come to the table and sit in later on. Usually 20-30 mins can go by and your stack will not have been too drastically affected. There have been plenty of occasions where something comes up that I have to take care of before I can sit down and play.

A good example was today, I was 40mins late getting to a freeroll tourney that I registered in, was able to double up a couple times and ended up placing 4th out of around 140. I'm sure whoever ended up with my free blinds was happy to get them.

There is no way they should kick out players for sitting out in a tourney. That's shady business. What, people don't like free blinds?

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you would've. Everyone on this forum is smart I'm sure all the CCers would've been smart. But I've seen players (mostly in MTT I guess) that will be in the top 10% of the leaderboard, then go on tilt and 5 minutes later be eliminated after pushing all in with A7 or something.

Those are usually bad players that amassed a large amount of chips by going all-in multiple times with crap hands and getting very lucky. I see this all the time. But eventually their A4 suited stops holding up and they don't understand why? I mean it's suited, it's almost a sure thing!@