Duggs 1000th Post

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what was the hand? or what time in which vid?

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
other than that alfie what did you think?

i thought it was very good, you obv know your stuff, ive saved it in my lists and will watch it again......maybe do one yourself next time :)

B

bosston21

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice video, congrats on the 1000th post.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the first hands I would probably double barrel (KQo )like someone of you said in the vid.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the first hands I would double barrel KQo like someone of you said in the vid. Sizing mentioned is perfect imo.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im the one with the less deep voice

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
vid 1, 2:36. Ashamed to say I didn't notice the third vid, watching now.

rewatched it, there arent any bad turn cards for us other than A really, and the board contains a relatively large amount of draws and Kx is way less combos than Ax since its like KQ (blocked) KJ K10s that flats so i think we can bet here for value v draws and to pick up the dead money pretty comfortably. Happy c/f on a Axx dry board but not on this texture

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Watched about 3/4 of the lot, did a nice job overall..
A bit rusty on my mtt game but one thing that needs to be repeated, is bet sizing, its just so important, which youve seem to of covered thoroughly....
Twas quite a professional job..WD

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks man appreciate it, will likely post some more once we do them

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
recording another HH review on monday and will post if people are interested

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna watch these vids again now, played too much and not enough study....oh and good luck on your next video :)

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wish I would have found this thread sooner. Vitos 1k post lead me here and glad it did nice post. I will watch the vids later but looking forward to it.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be stickied, or put in golden archives or something. Cheers Duggs.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just recorded another HH review with the same mate, ill link them once they are uploaded

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as always any feedback, discussion points, questions or comments are always welcome and appreciated.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
as always any feedback, discussion points, questions or comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Just watched the first video, will get to the other one tomorrow sometime, another good job...
You seem to take control/ make some good points in this video than the previous 2 were you werent as 'confident', which is good to see..

Just a few hands were il express an opinion;

You were arguing the point that when your opp defends '100%' of the time in the blinds then we should be never calling in this situation as we more often than not have a dominating range with K9s, which I agree, also It just opens up his 3 bet bluff range which were not going to be play very well against oop and since were so deep we cant be comfortable calling 3 streets with TP etc on certain boards, so yah never limping and in fact im prob 3/3.5x.

We have AKdd in the bb from an UTG open and we flat, perfectly fine and 3 bet folding sucks as you said so yah flatings good esp this early where were still finding out villains range.We flop the nut draw and decide for a c/r which is fine as were oop, he flats and then we jam the turn were the boarf has paired, I think it was a pot size bet, not sure on stack sizes(its hard to see some of the time), Im personally calling any pair here as youve said its just futile doing this with any nut type hands even a nut draw like ours, much prefer a c/jam over a shove, I can honestly see why villain called off here as it just looked so spewy with a naked flush draw type hand.Hero was lucky he didnt have a pair as if he did hes 'snap' calling.

He opens KJ from utg and flops T2P on a draw heavy board, v bets flop/turn, I like the c/c on the river has its a draw heavy board so as your friend said we can give him a chance to bluff.Also this river is a very thin value bet now that the board has paired as he now wont call a decent bet with a worse 2 pair type hand.So yah c/c is lovely there.His sizing is polarized as its pretty hard to know what he does this with, dont think there was any need to turn his hand into a bluff there tbh, pretty spewy especially as his bet sizing was lol.

At this stage we have a nice image going and pick up AJ on the button, theres a limp,raise before us and we flat, because of our image im 3bet GII pre against either villain here, I know you were saying 3bet folding or something, cant remember villain stack sizes but anything less than 20bb id GII.
As played vs the 99 post,WP..

There are some other border line spew opens that he makes which you cover but just to highlight it as theres no need to be opening this wide especially when we have a loose image were just going to get outplayed an awful lot pre/post..Also not opening KQ UTG the first level or 2 is pretty bad consid he starts to open K10 etc utg+2 a level or 2 after.

The KQs hand at the end was pretty funny, you owning your friend was pretty lol, especially when he took out the calculator, hilarious....

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks man, KJ hand ill check the stack depth but im pretty sure it was around or greater than 40bb, at 20bb id be all for getting it in,

Agree with you regarding 100% defending range but id also note someone that wont drop hands out of flatting range will 3bet a super nutted easily exploitable range, the kind of range i lose no sleep r/f KQs or AQo to.

KJ hand, the main problem with c/c is that vast majority of his missed draws picked up showdown value on that Q, since any straight draw that didnt bink now has a pair, and those Qs are going to want to check back but may call a small bet

love the feedback!

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks man, KJ hand ill check the stack depth but im pretty sure it was around or greater than 40bb, at 20bb id be all for getting it in,

Agree with you regarding 100% defending range but id also note someone that wont drop hands out of flatting range will 3bet a super nutted easily exploitable range, the kind of range i lose no sleep r/f KQs or AQo to.

KJ hand, the main problem with c/c is that vast majority of his missed draws picked up showdown value on that Q, since any straight draw that didnt bink now has a pair, and those Qs are going to want to check back but may call a small bet

love the feedback!

The AJ hand right, yah if hes that deep then im fine with the flat..

Yes thats the point I was trying to make, not sure I made it clear or not.
Basically any pair/JQ hand is going to be checking back that river but imo checking is better than thin value betting as the small amount of chips we pick up by or thin value bet imo doesnt outweigh the amount of times villain will bluff on this particular board, or in this case turn his value hand into a bluff(this rarely happens though,as our range is pretty much the 'nuts', 'air' here a lot)
What would be pretty sick is if we thin value betted this villain and he jammed on us, I think I would throw up and sigh fold,(again depending on stack size, not sure how much he would have behind) the check prevents such things like this from happening.

Never played that many mtts but is K5 really a call 10bbs bvb, very interesting if it is..

No prob, looking forward to tomos video, does he TID, because hes running very well so far.:p

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cant see him turning sdv into bluffs that often just because of how passive he is, same with jamming over our river bet with sdv hands just because we dont have enough history to justify it imo

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant see him turning sdv into bluffs that often just because of how passive he is, same with jamming over our river bet with sdv hands just because we dont have enough history to justify it imo

Didnt know he was a passive villain, very strange that in fact he did turn his sdv hand into a bluff in this instance so. Im prob v betting river more now that I know hes passive.

What, were not the ones that would be jamming over his bet, he would...or do you mean we wouldnt be able to call off his jam, kinda lost ya der..

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i cant see him ever raising us with worse,
that bet from him is just horrible but for value imo.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant see him ever raising us with worse,
that bet from him is just horrible but for value imo.

I agree that he prob never raises us with worse now that I know hes passive,
but to say that that bet on the river is for value, from a passive villain is just wrong, no better hand calls off such a big bet....