Does this happen to you in online poker tournaments?

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello, I understand your point, it's tiring not to receive valuable hands, but you must understand that you can also take chips from hands that are not valuable. It's a matter of studying your rivals and knowing when to bluff. If I understand what you're saying correctly, in many hands you present yourself as a weak player who can easily be dismissed after the flop. That's where you should take advantage of that situation and not let it dominate you. I'll give you an example:
you have an A-10 hand where you will enter the flop by value.
The flop is: 4-7-8 of a variety of colors; your rival, watching your game, will bet a little more than the pot, trying to get you out of it with any hand. Let's say that the pot has a total of 8bb, it gives you 6bb, and having A-10 you can risk an all in, if you pay you'll probably have an A and a 10 that will make you win, otherwise your player will throw the cards too many times. I don't recommend that you do it all the time, but you don't just play with the cards, you also play with the player.
What I'm trying to explain is a little confusing, but try to try it out in low-entry tournaments until you fully master it.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It happens to me more often than I would like....

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The big problem is that you play in position, wait for the cards to arrive, do all the correct poker parts, so that when the valuable hands arrive you place a bad bet.

Something that has been happening every day, long rounds with no hands of equity, 15 or 20 more rounds, often the bluffs are dry because there is no equity, and after long rounds when a hand comes up to compete for the pot, the same situation as in the images occurs in the big one most of the time.

Tournament after tournament.
On a daily basis.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the situation in the video when I was with QJ, you can tell me that after the flop I should have raised to take the player with 66 off the table and not see the turn.

After the video it's easy to read this, but in the game understand that with the JJJ formed, it won't cross your mind that the opponent will have something better, and you don't want the player to give up the hand, so you check to induce the opponent with a single pair raises.

But tragedy happens.

In the first play of the video I'm with KQ and BB's opponent generally has a wider range, as Le Rabot's opponent checked BB and didn't raise with his AQ, so I imagined that his range wasn't as strong, plausible given the fact that he just checked.

So my queen hits the flop making me believe I was winning, as he was short stack I went all in, that was the only mistake as I could have brought the other opponent into the game by winning his chips.
Either way, it was the right move.

After all this I receive KK and then I raise and the opponent calls with QJ and then hits the flop he needed for the straight.

Not knowing this with the king set, I continued the aggression and again the result was disastrous, with 3 consecutive rounds of the flop leading me to make a mistake and causing my elimination.

Then we have AQ in another tournament and again on the flop we are winning, so we continue the aggression until we are beaten by a 55+5 and there is nothing to be done.

After that with an absolute KT on the flop and losing to a K6 on the river and another KK losing to an A7 that made a straight on the turn.

And that was the summary of a tournament day at PS.

A sample of what has been happening every day, I don't know what else to do.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
After the video it is easy to analyze what could have been done differently, because we have the final result and the perspective of what could or could not be done.

Which is completely different when you're in the game and don't know what your opponent has in their hands.

So the conclusion is that it would be impossible to know that the result would not be as expected, so the moves were made correctly.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, this happens to each of us :)
..... you can of course blame bots, cheating players, or site software, but nevertheless, poker is a game where in the end everything will be decided by your luck :)

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yep happens quite a lot, makes me wanna burn my laptop

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, some tournaments end even haven't started for you.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In my opinion, the main reason why most people fail at poker is not due to their lack of technical knowledge of the game.The real reason why they cannot achieve real results at the poker tables lies in their inability to consistently apply this knowledge during the game.Poker is a simple game if you just discuss it or express your opinion. Anyone can do it. Everyone thinks they are a genius at poker.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Na minha opinião, a principal razão pela qual a maioria das pessoas falha no poker não é devido à sua falta de conhecimento técnico do jogo. A verdadeira razão pela qual não conseguem alcançar resultados reais nas mesas de poker reside na sua incapacidade de aplicar consistentemente este conhecimento durante o jogo. game.Poker é um jogo simples se você apenas discuti-lo ou expressar sua opinião. Qualquer um pode fazer isso. Todo mundo pensa que é um gênio no pôquer.
In this case there is no skill to save the player from elimination, playing for equity, any poker professional would have difficulty letting go of these hands.

The way in which I play is based on long studies, I apply all the concepts, such as playing in position, the closer to the cut off the higher my range, and in the UTG only with really strong hands, I use the bluff on the button to steal the pots, which most of the time works out, I do the ABC of poker and apply consistency to this way of playing, so much so that I am rarely the one who makes bad bets, but even doing all this, the result is always the same.

When it comes to bots and software manipulation, yes, this crosses my mind, because I see opponents playing in any way, managing to win tournaments by placing bad bets and hitting the flop with worse hands, playing out of position, etc...

Unfortunately, it's inevitable to think like this, and honestly it's an annoying thought that I wouldn't want to have, because a player who applies all the concepts and dedicates himself to poker wants to reap results, and not just lose with the best hands.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Unfortunately, you can have a streak of bad luck playing poker.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, this happens all the time, especially when you win the flop turn and his card just comes to the river and you put all the streets and try to knock him all his hands out, but he plays far behind and now his street comes and you lose, it's certainly a shame to lose