Does this happen to you in online poker tournaments?

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know if this also happens to you in online tournaments.

Going 15 to 20 rounds without receiving valuable hands and, when you do, you end up losing.

The result is usually the same as the image below when I try to play in a pot, something that has been repeated in several tournaments in a row.

Leave our comments.
Screenshot 2024 02 29 16 16 45 66 fcb0f6b5c663f99beafb514e619a27ed Screenshot 2024 02 29 16 16 51 18 fcb0f6b5c663f99beafb514e619a27ed

Last edited:
ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This ends up making poker quite tiring, no matter how much I try to improve my game, I end up in this situation, where I don't hit the flop in an average of 15 to 20 rounds, and when I get a valuable hand I end up losing.

No matter how much I study and dedicate myself to poker and evolution, it seems like a waste of time.

I would like to know if anyone has been through this or is going through this.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a game where luck plays an important role. Skills and experience are also important, but if luck is not on your side, you will unfortunately fail to achieve a good result. If this feature of poker does not suit you, then the only thing you can do is simply find another hobby.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
O pôquer é um jogo onde a espécie desempenha um papel importante. Habilidades e experiência também são importantes, mas se a sorte não estiver do seu lado, infelizmente você não conseguirá um bom resultado. Se esse recurso do pôquer não combina com você, a única coisa que você pode fazer é simplesmente encontrar outro hobby.
Yes, luck seems to play a very strong factor in poker, even more so than I realized, in fact I am reconsidering how important poker is to me.

Thank you for the sincerity of your comment.

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, luck seems to play a very strong factor in poker, even more so than I realized, in fact I am reconsidering how important poker is to me.

Thank you for the sincerity of your comment.
If you arer playing freeroll or small buy in then yes variance is gonna be a bigger factor for sure cause people will call super wild and often blind level will be much faster then in a bigger tourney wich will make much more all in preflop actions.

Try to play something slowler ( 1o minute blind with a normal increasing) and take your spot.

actually on that A 10 vs 66 you were behind with around 45-46% of equity

doubledribl

doubledribl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You put yourself slightly below 45% for your victory, against 55% for the enemy. An ordinary coin, in such a position, it’s bad that he couldn’t resist on the river. The whole point of poker is the ability to win coins

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Is part of the game and happens a lot to all players, you need to keep focus and play your best game

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think you would get more helpful info by posting the play of the hand... in any event missing the flop 15 to 20 hands is nothing. You aren't going to hit the flop the vast majority of the time...

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very common for this to happen to me, online and live, I believe that with a lot of people losing on the river is normal

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lose lots of times when I get it in bad and I lose less often when I get it in good.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such situations happen to everyone. It's annoying but it's part of the game. Don't get upset and don't give up. Find the courage to keep going towards your goal and don't give up. Poker can and will bring you profit, but to achieve this you have to work hard, and not for one year.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is made up of probability and unfortunately this happens and is part of the game, just because you were dealt a good hand doesn't mean you're going to beat it, in the same way that you take a weaker hand than your opponent's and end up beating him, poker and so one moment we get bad and another time we give someone bad

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You need to find weak players to exploit. In tournaments you have to steal the blinds. Use suited cars to try and make flushes and straights. Waiting for big pockets is a slow and painful death. The Lags will realize this and grind away at your blinds.
If I was aware of you doing that, ( waiting for big pockets) any pot you raised I would immediately fold.
Any blind you were in I would raise, any time you limp I would raise and if you checked the flop, a weakness indictor, I would bet. Should you fight back in those situations I would fold. My raises would usually be weak, and wouldn't be able to contest your aggression.
In other words you are playing face up, fit or fold poker.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is absolutely normal! It's part of the deck's variation, always try to improve your game, be more happy to make profitable decisions, you can't control the result, but your actions can!

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for the advice friends, I feel like the majority of the community are people who try to help each other when we need it.

May this community become a welcoming and united environment every day.

I thank everyone who gave a little of their time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, losing is part of poker. And so is periods of being card dead. "15-20 rounds" does seem a bit extreme though, since its 120-160 hands at 8-max. So if this is really, what you mean, when you say "without receiving valuable hands", then maybe you are playing a bit to tight? Another advice is to try to play games with less variance. According to sharkscope 5 of your last 7 games were large field MTTs with 500-1.700 participants, and in those it can take 1.000s of games to overcome variance. So maybe try to play more games like the On-demand SnGs, which are limited to 45 players. These are also good for getting final table experience. I can only see your last 8 games though, since you did not opt in.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Does this happen? This is an everyday story.
Although be honest, would it have been better if the 6 fell on the turn for the villain? Even then, it's just as bad.
There is nothing to do about it, except to forget it all as soon as possible.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This ends up making poker quite tiring, no matter how much I try to improve my game, I end up in this situation, where I don't hit the flop in an average of 15 to 20 rounds, and when I get a valuable hand I end up losing.

No matter how much I study and dedicate myself to poker and evolution, it seems like a waste of time.

I would like to know if anyone has been through this or is going through this.
That's tournament poker for you...
And one of the reasons I prefer to play cash games

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yeah, that happens a lot! And there are other times that this happens in our favor too.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is poker on a daily basis, if a person is not prepared emotionally and strategically they will be disappointed with this fantastic sport.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It happened to me that for 2 hours there was only garbage, there was nothing to enter the game with at all. And now there are 1-2 blinds left and strong hands begin to come in almost every hand and the flops are always yours and you win the tournament without straining at all.:)

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It doesn't matter which hand I have.

It has been happening in all tournaments.

Video link: