Do you use poker strategies in the game?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Very helpful tips here already , I have nothing more to add but I will answer your question.

I use poker strategies but I really don't bother use them in the freerolls because the game there is savage and way more different than a paid game. If you want to evolve as a player you should study and improve but most importantly you should snap adapt the buy in or the situation or the line up of your opponents. :)

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the same problem when I started studying,

The first thing is, dont focus on freerolls even if you play them the majority of the time (which is what I do, due to the lack of time I have).

Strategies for MTTs is what we need to focus, because applying the basics IS having a freeroll strategy = play sound basic mtt poker.

Basic MTT strategy:

1 - Learn about the different phases of the tournament:
- There are early stages, mid and late. You need to adjust your game based on it for the next steps.

2 - Learn about Opening Ranges:
- In the beginning, it was terrible for me to understand. But, thinking ranges make you start your game better.
- Ranges are based on positions. There are variables that will make you change your flop approach depending on the villains actions pre-flop. That helps a lot.
- Stack based ranges (needed to adapt during the different tournament stages).

Now you have two basic steps to start your studies:

- MTT structure and how to apply your starting ranges there.

I am assuming that you are very new to MTTs, so that is my suggestion where to start.

From this point, you can start gathering more info on it to study. Like I said, playing sound basic poke in freerolls puts you ahead on the game but it wont make you win.

Then, after being used to ranges you will have a base to improve your flop plays and more complex situations. It is basically being patient. Studying the situations that happens the most with you and definitely review hands that you felt uncomfortable playing or did not know how to play.

Hope it helps, I was completely lost when I get back on playing online.
Thank you for the detailed answer on this question. I, as a beginner player, will try to master hand ranges and positions.:eek:

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure that all professional poker players have their own strategy and tricks.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most have covered the main points - dont apply freeroll players as part of your analysis of hands and your playing style - There is no cost to playing like a maniac when their is no cost for the loss.

You should be using a strategy for any format of poker - the more in depth you get about concepts such as position, ranges, equity, no. of players per table and so on - you will start to realise what you are effective at and what needs improving

Okay, I'll take note of that. Then I will try to move to the micro limit as soon as I feel that there is more consciousness in my game.

If you have a tiny bankroll and are at the stage of having to google what we are referring to then staying in the freerolls is fine. You can play in a lot of freerolls here on CC and you can build your bankroll to 1k doing just that. It takes more time but as you are in the beginning stages of learning time is your friend.

:):)

And here's another question. I want to work on my own strategy. It will motivate me to learn poker.
I wonder how they approach this task?
To begin with, I want to describe my actions on the preflop, flop in MS Word. I will write tips on the game, insert tables of starting hands, flop textures and much more.
And I will try to consciously play on its basis. I will improve it. I will remove the superfluous and add the useful.
At first it will be difficult, I think, but maybe I will start to remember something and it will become easier for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 10 Games