choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah depending on how the tournament is going- my first aim is always to finish in the money then place as high as possible. So when the bubble is near I play a lot tighter until in the money then almost resume how I have been playing since then!

Viz

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Yeah depending on how the tournament is going- my first aim is always to finish in the money then place as high as possible. So when the bubble is near I play a lot tighter until in the money then almost resume how I have been playing since then!

Viz
Thank you 🙏 I always try to make the money 💰 first cause it will feel so bad if I have a above 👆 average stack on the bubble and get knocked out lol 😂. Ps. This has happened before.

Rafaelmendes021

Rafaelmendes021

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the size of my pile and the size of the pile of those around me...
Sometimes there are players who hit the ball, see the stack low and risk everything, and then they know that if it doesn't work out, they guarantee something!

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Depends on my stack size and the stack size of those around me...
Thank you 🙏 I guess stack sizes are very important most people in the forum said that.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Sometimes there are players who hit the ball, see the stack low and risk everything, and then they know that if it doesn't work out, they guarantee something!
True that thank you for your comment

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
In my opinion, the way to play the bubble depends a lot on your stack of chips, for example in my house if I am the big stack I tend to be more aggressive in the bubble and I open many more hands, unlike if I find myself in a middle position, and there the situation changes and I start to be a little more conservative, but without letting the blinds consume me, letting the blinds consume you in the bubble for being very conservative may be the biggest mistake we can make.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Playing on the bubble can be a tricky situation, as it can be both a great opportunity to accumulate chips and a dangerous time to bust out. Generally, it's a good idea to tighten up your play as the bubble approaches, especially if you have a smaller stack. This means playing premium hands and avoiding marginal spots.

However, if you have a big stack, you can consider using your chip advantage to put pressure on your opponents and steal some pots. This can be especially effective against players with shorter stacks who are trying to hold on to their chips until the money bubble bursts.

It's important to pay attention to your opponents' tendencies and adjust your strategy accordingly. If you notice that they are playing too passively, you can look for spots to make aggressive moves and steal some blinds and antes. On the other hand, if they are playing tight and waiting for premium hands, you can take advantage of this by playing more aggressively and stealing pots.

Overall, the key is to stay focused and be patient, while also being aware of the dynamics at the table and adjusting your play accordingly.
Thank you 🙏 very helpful table awareness got you.