luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
pokerstars cardschat tournaments are ok but 888 poker cardschat tournaments 10 min blinds are sometimes annoying

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I understand that you prefer playing fast-paced games. It suits me to have 5 to 10 minutes between blind increases. I know some people find it tiring, but what annoys me more is when I play hyper-turbo and my opponent seems to be playing chess, taking their time, and not always having a stack that allows them to use this trick. Plus, I don't need any time to adapt if I quickly switch from a regular tournament to a knockout.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I prefer fast tournaments, 5 minutes between blind increases, and for big buy-in tournaments i prefer slow tournaments

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Definitely the 5 minute ones are my favourite. I find the 10 minute ones much too long.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
pokerstars cardschat tournaments are ok but 888 poker cardschat tournaments 10 min blinds are sometimes annoying
On the contrary, I prefer tournaments where the blinds increase every 10 minutes. Such tournaments allow you to better apply your own skills and experience. Tournaments on PokerStars stress me out a bit because players often play stupidly with garbage. Bingo.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer a slow tournament.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well slow tournaments have a bit more not only luck gambling inside.
So I prefer them.
Hyper turbos are too early at the point where it is mostly pure luck gambling.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I like my MTTs to be slow, long and deep. Or maybe I thought of something else.

Seriously: the deeper and slower the more time you have to play similar to a cash game and actually be able to make decisions on the turn and the river. So it involves more skill.

Turbos and hypers can be fun if you just want to gamble and don't have a lot of time to play.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In theory, fast tournaments should differ from slow ones only in variance, but not in win rate. Therefore, they seem to be better in terms of $/hour. But in practice, it is possible that some players cannot quickly adapt to the transition from slow to fast tournaments. And this can be seen in CC tournaments on PlkerStars... Now they last on average 2 hours instead of 4. And it seems to me that many people play too loosely with very short stacks...

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I prefer slow as you can build your stack in them and not just play the all in fest that turbo or hyper tournaments bring.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I prefer tournaments where blinds increase every 10 minutes. That is my tempo. Not to much and not so fast like super turbo, hyper turbo ...or what we all have.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like turbos and hypers because I don't have more than 4 hours a day available to play

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
I prefer hyper turbos, i like push or fold very much, playing those hyper tourney will allow you to play push or fold sooner

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I find cards chat games painful with their super long blind structures. I tend to play turbo games mostly, sometimes normal. Rarely hyper.
In the beginning, I used to like the long blinds as I felt I was getting more value out of my games (losses). As I began to win more, I was seeking a higher return per unit time, so these long games just seemed like a lower return.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I prefer slow tournaments because you can't always play well at fast ones.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love slow tournaments because the slower the blinds rise, the more you can show your true level of play.

R

Reginaldo Gois

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I prefer slow ones, in turbos there are only crazy people who play with any card.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Faster tourneys like turbo, as it is tough to find time to play for so many hours at a time...life gets in the way lol

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
MTT's take a lot of luck to win. I prefer longer MTT's....the longer the better as it takes luck outta the mix more compared to turbo's. Turbo's are just about equal to bingo.

I don't care how long it takes to play if I make the final table and my chances are much better of that the longer the blind levels.

Cheers!!!

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
slow because more time to think

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the present time I prefer the different kinds of tournaments... I understood for self, that necessary to be universal player in Poker by possibility!..
That are more chances to get a good profit!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fast tournaments lead to risky actions and frequent all-ins. Low blinds contribute to a comfortable game and maneuvers over a long distance.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer slow tournaments. Hate to play hyper turbos because they depend of luck much more than in slow play.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Definitely turbos. The faster the game the better it is.
But then again i might be easily the only one (here) who can actually make decisions in split second lol ...

Either way going to be playing some 250€ KO MTT later this weekend which has like 11 min blinds - probably not ideal but who cares.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t like quick tournaments. I play few games at a time, which probably makes my choice this way.