mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Of course ! in my opinion is the best way to fast build a bankroll.

On poker stars i won a satelite for 3,5 $ to Sunday Milion for 109$ That was a first Sunday Milion in histyory with that litlle buy in.
Was a deep field about 15 000 players, i end game at 71 position. Lost with massive cooler, the biggest cooler in my life unfortunely.
i cant sleep for two days after that :p because ive got the best run im my life, i was a chip leader of tournament for 4 hours :p
This could be a life changer tournament for me..... echhh next time :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something to think about,,,, would some player winning a Major tournament (with a satty ticket) be good for the poker business? no,,,let me tell you why,,,, It would discourage players from buying in directly (which the site doesn't want,,,) :deal: just my little theory,,, and no i don't play sattys.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a very good opportunity to play cheaply with stronger opponents.

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

Yes, it is always a great opportunity to enter a tournament with a Buy in out of my reach.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The structure of satellites is just as different as the structure of normal MTTs. If an event has a bad structure like very shallow starting stacks, then dont play it. The satellites, I have played on 888 Poker, mostly start with 100BB or more, so just like a normal MTT.

Not quite though, they are all turbos. This is what I disliked on pokerstars, however on Stars you can still find regular speed ones.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Satellites are a great way to play a more expensive tournament for less money. I play the ones that are worth it, there are many satellites with 10 seats for 1000 participants, I don't even enter this type.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play the freeroll satellites when they have them, and have won my way into bigger tourneys for free.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it's easier to buy direct entry to a tournament. it's not always possible to save money.

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only started playing Poker on Stars for around 6 months. I entered a satellite (it was a free roll so didnt pay anything) didnt win a seat but did win a cash incentive. Looks like a very good way of entering a bigger tourney if you dont want to pay the entry fee! (Proving your good enough to get to the top and win a ticket! ) :)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have occasionally, but for the most part not. The stars have to align to such an extent that it's never been worth it to me.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I play, as you say, the moment is only in luck, but I think differently, the skill and flair have not been canceled):cool:

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes, but only satellites with no fees or with small buyins.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something to think about,,,, would some player winning a Major tournament (with a satty ticket) be good for the poker business? no,,,let me tell you why,,,, It would discourage players from buying in directly (which the site doesn't want,,,) :deal: just my little theory,,, and no i don't play sattys.

It was good for poker a while ago - Moneymaker satty'ed into the main the year he won it. Now I don't think him winning was the exclusive contributor to the explosion of poker the following years, the online sites was just as big of a contributor as him winning was, but he was definitely a contributing factor. And all from a satty ticket - he was attempting NOT to win. lol

2fingershuffle

2fingershuffle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

2 to 4 a month, small buy-ins

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Here's the thing with that argument. The sites that run these satellite tournaments only offer so many seats to these larger tournaments, and the prizepools are driven by people buying into them. So they're not losing money running these. If anything, it has the opposite effect in two ways. First, it brings more players to these tournaments, reducing potential overlay that the sites would be on the hook for, and second, it brings more traffic to their sites that those who can afford to buyin will be drawn in by the softer fields due to a lot of the satellite qualifiers. Why do you think that the big tournament series on ACR, PokerStars, GG Poker and partypoker do well? Because of the larger fields, much of which is made up of satellite players.

Also, those that are going to buy in directly are going to do so and aren't incentivized not to because of the presence of satellite qualifiers.

To answer the question in the OP's subject line? Yes, I play satellite tournaments. I feel like I am pretty competitive in them and have won my way into larger events that I would ordinarily never buy into directly.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I play satellites quite often at 888Poker. It's a good way to start small and go far. I play mostly when my bankroll is low...

B

bsamra

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not played in a lot but I think I am going to start to. I think I don’t enter because I always feel I can play four hours and finish in the top 20 and get nothing. You play so well and go so far with nothing to show.

But I do think I am going to start…. I will just go with the thought that I got my poker hours in.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play them more when I played on Pokerstars in the past. They were usually very easy to play. I've been trying to play them on GG lately but having little to no success so far.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play satellites, it's a good opportunity to get in for a bigger tournament.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I play if I win a ticket, I don’t play for mine

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I play sometimes, wanting to get to a major tournament and not spending a lot of money. Also, playing in an online satellite, you can get to the prestigious "live" poker tournament. That's great!

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly ! Satellites is a great way to get tickets to a more expensive tournament for less

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried playing satellites and even won tickets to the next stage. But it was very long and slow, and did not bring me profit, because I never made it to the final tournament with real prizes.

Poker Tells