Do you play satellites?

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Apart from free rolls you you buy in to satellites? In most cases, the starting stack is very small, so it really depends on luck, winning a seat to a bigger tournament. So do you play them?

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as freerolls I rarely play in the ones where there are something like 5 seats available and 3000 entries. I usually don't have the time. I almost never enter a satellite if it isn't a freeroll.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have tried playing satellites for very large tournaments for a while. I managed to get a ticket for the further game out of 3 on one. But out of everything I spent on satellites, I didn’t manage to get more than what I spent.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
we play satellite sometimes. but it's hard to win a satellite.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes I do but lately I try to play freezout satellites without re-entries and addons and if possible with regular speed and not the hyper/turbo.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play satellites, too much time is wasted and the chances of winning are slim

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play satellites a lot when I started playing poker, but now I don't waste time on them. I prefer cash games, sit & go games and MTT freezout tournaments with guaranteed pool.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a beatiful opportunity to enter very large tournaments, sometimes for 1-2 tournaments, you can get the opportunity to compete for prizes of several thousand dollars ;) Therefore, when a big tournament is really interesting to you, but you don't want to pay the full price, satellites give you all the opportunities and it's stupid to ignore them! ;) I can't call these tournaments my favorite or, that I really like, they just give you the opportunity and plus get a lot of experience. I think, these are premium freerolls :) But do not get carried away and spend more, than 20 attempts to enter in one day... Sometimes it's easier to pay directly and save your nerves;) Of course, win a place it's a great lucky and you need experience in the survival game to successfully pass the final stages of qualifying tournaments!:)

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Apart from free rolls you you buy in to satellites? In most cases, the starting stack is very small, so it really depends on luck, winning a seat to a bigger tournament. So do you play them?

yes i do and i would recommend that all beginners play freerolls low buy-ins and satellites, this is where experience is gained at minimal cost

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Non-obvious disadvantages for beginners are the need to maintain specific bankroll management and the lack of guarantees for hitting the prizes in the target event. It is not possible to receive a ticket for every selection. And even when this happens, it is necessary to show a high level one more time and enlist the support of fortune. It's also a longer campaign than just playing a bankroll tournament.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I used to play satellites a lot, but for omaha h-l tournaments, that allowed me to play a tournament investing very little of my money, but now I hardly play satellites, or paid tournaments, at the moment I play more freerolls and DoN

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apart from free rolls you you buy in to satellites?

I have played a decent amount of satellites on 888 Poker but not many on pokerstars. The main reason is, the MTT schedule on 888 Poker is often much more "thin" making it attractive to fill in the gaps with some satellites, especially during low volume hours. At this time I have also found many satellites running with an overlay, which is basically free money just waiting to be picked up.

In most cases, the starting stack is very small, so it really depends on luck, winning a seat to a bigger tournament. So do you play them?

The structure of satellites is just as different as the structure of normal MTTs. If an event has a bad structure like very shallow starting stacks, then dont play it. The satellites, I have played on 888 Poker, mostly start with 100BB or more, so just like a normal MTT.

Angel v rai

Angel v rai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Of course. I do not have enough money. So I play. Can be spent, not much money. And win a ticket).

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rarely . i dont have the patience for it

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, I play everything. Poker is poker, despite the variations.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

yes, regularly! :)

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. It is a whole new world after you learn about satellite strategy.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Satellites are best way to get intro into high buy-in tournaments.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I play, but they are very hard to win a seat from.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Sometimes I play in satellites, but only on PokerStars and on weekends. On this site on the weekend there are promising satellites where a large number of tickets, 100 or 200.

K

Kaothi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also only playing satellites, which are freerolls and often more risky than usual. The chance to win is too little to take it serious. ;)

Poker Tells