Do you play A5offsuit

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if A5s, I will try to play with her but only in late positions or try to defend my blinds. In other cases, I easily part with such a hand without regret

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally no. At a very tight table I would probably consider raising with it in a middle position depending on other factors. Also at a 6 max table I will probably play this hand. Full ring with a standard set of opponents, easy fold.

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how can you not play a5o?... also your question is quite.. general.

id say, there are plenty of positions where you could RFI with a5o, like around the button or SB if it folds to you... if you're in the BB and pot odds are in your favour, definitely worth calling.

a5 > a6, a7... maybe even a8 in many cases. i think this question could have dug a little deeper than whether or not you play a5o but.. i guess the discussion has to start somewhere, right?

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the tournament. If I play the freeroll with a comfortable stack early on I can play with the A5. Freeroll at an early stage of my range similar to the range of games on Bain in the late stage. But sometimes I change strategy and play only with A5 in position. It is important that I never play this hand if there is a large raise. 4x +

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With me it would depend on the number of people in the hand. More than two other people in the hand with you I would tend to believe that it will become problematic.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way, maybe in the buttom vs wrong players to steal their blinds.

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play evrth in different situations:lollypop:

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
A5 can go any which way according to me.
I will call the blind if there is no more raise.
After flop take a call on how to go about it, specially with a A5 flop it would be ideal.
Otherwise just fold.:mad:

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play A5offsuit in middle or utg possitions? I have hard time with this cards, even if i hit ace i still feel uncomfortable?
What about you?

I am often surprised when I see players with lots of chips and risked all while throwing a mat with A 2 or A3, A4, ... A7..etc .. and I feel that these players tend to be too much confident with the A that it holds as if there is only one A to the cards, so I think you were right to be uncomfortable with A5 it's too risky because if you do not touch not yours A 5 will certainly not save you on the flop unless you have too much luck good luck

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A5 Offsuit

Do you play A5offsuit in middle or utg possitions? I have hard time with this cards, even if i hit ace i still feel uncomfortable?
What about you?

I would decide to play those hole cards based on my mood and the poker climate at the table. With many aggressive players who re-raise often, I would never play it. However, if I am at a table with players who call often and see the flop, I would definitely get in there with A5 off-suit.

Feeling uncomfortable comes with poker. Uncertainty is a feeling which peers it's ugly head up quite often. Playing premium hands and mucking double gut-shot draws will go a long way in making you feel very comfortable.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really try to avoid playing these A5os unless I’m heads up. I don’t feel comfortable even if I catch an ace there’s much better hands to play I’d suggest to stay clear.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will play the A 5 only in late position and toward the end of the game. Like when there are only 3 people left. Other than that I throw these cards out.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You feel uncomfortable because you should be folding that hand in those positions. Rarely should you play that hand unless you have a clear read on the table.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play this had A5o in only late position and only if all folded to me or a couple limpers. Always fold in UTG or MP position. I might use it to steal blinds, but might not if I thought either the SB or BB would fire back with a massive raise. If playing this hand, don't limp. Always raise.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just depends on a lot of factors. Don't forget, A5 can make you a straight so there is always the potential for a big hand and pot, especially if someone with a low pair hits their set.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if all the same I have doubts in my hand sometimes why play it. at least let me be in position if I decide to join the game.
The potential for a straight draw with such a hand is, but very insignificant

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in banks, where there is a lot of aggression and raises, and there are more than two players, I always fold this hand or the like. Kicker 5 is very small for a fight. [emoji21][emoji45][emoji33]

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes any Ace will do,

Was in tourney, 8888 was on the board, final. I had JJ, enemy had A2. We both had four 8's, but in such a case. my JJ didn't play; it went to the kicker. Enemy won with 8888 A kicker. So be wary of throwing away any ace.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think A5 can be nice to play from middle position just because it throws people off. Having said that, That's the only purpose I would have for it in middle position. You can easily be dominated.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The other night I was playing and got dealt A5 off three times on one level and three times I hit the fold button before the other players even acted. Don't like it, don't want it, I can wait for a better hand.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about you?

It depends on the situation. In cash games, I don't play this hand unless on the button or defending the blinds with only min or smallish raises in front of me (unless the bigger raise comes from a super loose player). In tournament play, it is more complicated. You have to think about your position, time at the table and how you have evaluated the other players and what your table image is. Other factors are how deep in the tournament you are. If your sitting in the first several rounds with lots of loose players and UTG + 1 or 2 then your probably better off folding than if your sitting at the final table with a medium stack in middle position. There are countless ways to play this (or any) hand wrong and sometimes you can play it just right and still lose.

The best advice I would give is to evaluate the situation but go with your gut. If you think your in a good spot to play the hand...then go!