Do you get nervous as your stack dwindles?

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey there,
I have always the same goal: play better than the rest. Stacksize doesn't matter and so it does't affect me at all. In fact many players make terrible decisions against the mid- and shortstacks and so every situation bears it's riscs and opportunities. So it happens that when the blinds level up you get from midstack to shortstack and it's time to be happy because you now can punish the loose guys with AI as crazy.
Don't get nervous, get excited!
Greetings

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
As a short stack in Texas Hold'em, you will play aggressively and go all-in often. Most of the key moves happen preflop, which helps you avoid difficult moments on the turn and river. In the short stack strategy, all decisions are made in favor of push/fold. Calling raises is unlikely. I never get nervous when playing poker.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, sometimes it has happened to me that I can lose my patience a little, especially when it is a very important tournament and the cards do not help or when basically everyone at the table is playing very aggressively, but this is part of the game and you have to look for it. ways to improve our game to be able to face these types of situations, many times we have to take risks, and other times we just have to remain calm and wait for the right moment to make an important play

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you start a tournament and start to fall behind, do you end up losing patience or getting nervous watching your stack shrink?
Short of a bad-beat, being card-dead is one of the worst feelings in poker, imo. Taking a hit to your stack early on is never uplifting either. When it happens, I'll take a minute and pick a hand, usually a std-connector, close to the best position I can and jam it in. For some reason if you make it through the first time a better hand will come along pretty soon after and a double-up may occur. I mean all we can do is hope for a decent starting hand to dbl-up with, right? :unsure:
I guess for a more strategic measure a check-raise from the blind can yield some decent results, just pick a decent spot/player to exploit. Remember, short-stack play can be deadly to the over-aggressor.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at all. I think it’s a matter of just playing a lot and getting used to the variance that results in stacks dwindling