Do you multi table? If so how many tables do you feel you can still play good poker?

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For tournaments sometimes 2 tables are too much.
For cash 4.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 anything more and I have to reduce the amount of factors I am taking into account!

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did try multiple tables, 3-4, but it's stressful in my opinion.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi im quite new here. i just wondered how many tables people feel is a good number?

i play 2 normally on 2 screens , sometimes 3 or 4 but rarely. i find that more than 3 or 4 everything starts going wrong!

does it depend in the game as i hear people m.t 8 to even 16(or more) tables cash! but i normally play double or nothing sit an goes an mtts. will this make a difference does anyone think? as the double or nothings are 6 man decision making comes round quickly

thanks for any opinions!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Which multi-tabling method is better? It is rather a matter of personal choice. If you are just getting started with multitabling, then I suggest you experiment with both methods and see which one suits you best. In general, your goal during a multi-tabling poker session is to minimize the number of different factors that affect the game as much as possible. If you have to think about strategic opportunities every time you move from one window to another, chances are you will face problems that will lead to a decrease in your earnings. Here are some things to consider when multitabling:
And while playing poker in this way can lead to predictability of your moves, you do not need to get the maximum profit at every table, you will only need small wins, which will be compensated by the number of games. Plus, more hands played will result in more range in a shorter amount of time, making it easier to deal with variance. When playing at the high limits, you prefer to play at fewer tables, as more experienced poker players will easily notice and take advantage of your predictability.The disadvantage of this method is that if you are left with a short stack at several tables at the same time, it will be much more difficult for you to make the right decisions, since there will be no time for this. Another disadvantage of this strategy is the fact that you have to complete an entire block of games before opening a new series. When playing at the high limits, you prefer to play at fewer tables, as more experienced poker players will easily notice and take advantage of your predictability. for the most comfortable game, I would recommend 6-8 tables. to make the most correct decisions

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It also depends on the time bank and default action time. For the rooms I play in, it is limited, so I play only 2 tables at a time. And it has become a force of habit so I continue to play only two at a time. If it's an important tournament, I only play one.

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 2 to 3 to be at my very best but the maximum I can handle and still play well is 5 or 6.

B

BeatrixK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the game type and speed + your style of play. Like others have said, playing too many forces you into predictable patterns and doesn't give you the opportunity to recognize how others are playing.

More than 4, and even 8 or more is doable but might be aggressive for someone who is not playing every day or does not have a strategy down. Remember there is no pressure to play multiple tables. You will see far more hands per hour than in a live game even on a single table. So I would encourage anyone to only expand when you are comfortable doing so, and if inquiring - 4 might be a good spot to see how you feel.

A tip might be to view chips in increments of Big Blinds rather than $ amounts. It can help to normalize and adjust as stacks get bigger or if you have tables at different stages.

If you are more experienced, go nuts and have as many as your screens and eyes can handle! Good luck :)

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Max 3

I can only manage 3 tables at a time. When it goes beyond that, then my brain stops functioning.

How some of these people play on 30 tables at a time, I don't know.

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zoom 2 tables
cash game 6 tables
turneys 8 tables

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are cool players here who play several tables, but once I tried to play spin & go on my phone (these were 3 tables) and I won only 1, I didn't have time. 2 still managed to win. I guess I'm not good enough for this game yet, but someday I may succeed. In general, it is very difficult, ask ELky:D

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If I use a HUD I can play 10 to 12 table in the same time without affecting my game.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only times I've ever done 2 tables, it's because I've either accidentally started 2 games, I'm playing a sit and go when a scheduled tournament starts, or usually, because I'm playing one freeroll on 888 and one on pokerstars.

If I'm lucky, I only end up messing up one game out of two.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's easier for me to play at the same table. I'm better focused​

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi Tabling

Hello. I can not play multiple tables. I have enough trouble being focused on one game. It is not bad for some, but for me it is.
Dan'o

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only multi-table when I'm playing freerolls.

I like to give full concentration on one table at a time.

No matter what anyone tells you about "multitasking", as soon as you're doing more than one thing at a time, all things will do some amount of depreciation in the quality of the result.

Perkysmiles

Perkysmiles

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi im quite new here. i just wondered how many tables people feel is a good number?

i play 2 normally on 2 screens , sometimes 3 or 4 but rarely. i find that more than 3 or 4 everything starts going wrong!

does it depend in the game as i hear people m.t 8 to even 16(or more) tables cash! but i normally play double or nothing sit an goes an mtts. will this make a difference does anyone think? as the double or nothings are 6 man decision making comes round quickly

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

:)I frequently play multiple tables. Usually on multiple sites. I'm a bit A.D.D. I guess. Usually I'm also playing some other kind of game and watching TV too. I just get bored waiting out my hands. So multi table is the only way to go for me 😊. Find what works for you though.:jd4:

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Two tables at a time for me

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the mood and events taking place around. If you know how to relax and enter the stream, freeing yourself from all thoughts, then there is no difference in the number of tables.

T

tomasdig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the day, but personally 2 is my number. Keyboard shortcuts help, especially in turbo events.

That said, last night my head was all over the place (work related stress probably) and I could not focus, tilted on a couple of hands and I was in bed an hour and a half after I started. I should know to be well rested and have a clear mind when doing this but sometimes I choose to forget and try my luck.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to what i,m playing. 3-4 max. tables for freerolls, qualifiers and micro MTTs. I,m never multi-tabling when fighting bigger and complex tourneys.

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're grinding multiroom using different poker clients,it's hard to play more than 8-10 tables.But if you have multiple monitors,a powerful computer,and use eyeglasses for those with poor eyesight, this task becomes feasible.For a full poker session,you need to play a lot, at least 30 tournaments in 8 hours.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
At the moment I play at two tables, but it is difficult for me with the issue of tables. Can you give me any recommendation or suggestion? Cheers

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not. My brain is very small. I get confused. I bet the other way around. I make disasters, I make decisions that I don't want. So no multi-table. One table is too much for me.:cool::cool:

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was playing several satellite tournaments that are not usually running but happen to be running simultaneously to my usual games. Had about 8 to 10 tables running at one point. Makes it harder to pay the necessary attention to the table to find the guy that is always shoving or something unique that I will pick up with my preference of 3 or 4 tables. I find that it’s very hectic playing so many tables and I give the utmost respect to those that do so successfully. I imagine many use a HUD. Obv those players must be super focused and play a specific game plan. I have swayed away from a HUD because I think eventually they will be eliminated and I’m trying to learn the game still, so I would rather develop my game without artificial intelligence.

Ideally 2- 4 tables allows me to give ample times to to study the tables and the dynamic of each.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The highest number of tables at the same time was 4, but i recordnize, that my concentration wasnt on point...The a - game i only can bring on one table ;)