Do you like being moved from table to table in MTT ?

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as I am not moved from big blind to big blind on the bubble low stacked, I'm cool.

M

michu1036

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh I hate it! After longer while on the table i can feel the mood of every player, i know what can i do and how and when its change Im just asking "why?!" :D

D

dnadeau1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont mind it some times... but generally you get a feel for people at your table... so it gets annoying and can throw off everything if you dont stay disciplined when you get moved.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think what a lot of you people aren't realizing is they are collapsing tables for a reason. An online games as opposed to live games you have a massive amount of people usually playing. So it's easy for a lot of tables to start losing many players. So then they have to collapse and or fill those tables. Yes it is annoying but it's a very necessary part of the game.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I really do not like the automatic table change at all but it must be said that in some tournaments it is sometimes convenient to get to the ITM greetings

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think moving does not so much affect the full picture of the game and often even changes the mood for the game.Each movement is like a new concentration-you strain your brain and thus read the table.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, when table is packed with crazy bingo players i wish to be moved after few hands. What i really don't like being moved on the bubble, when they move you after blinds str8 into the blinds.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I don't want to be move on other table because I don't have any read.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I don’t like to be moved except if I face a lot of maniacs at my original table :D

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I also do not like to be changed tables for the same reason, when you have a considered time at a table and you already have the reading of your opponent and then they change the table to have to start over for me it is a bit uncomfortable, but I think that in order to evolve in this game we must learn to adapt to these types of situations, of course it is annoying when there is no opportune time to be at a table and change is very often, but for the same reason I think we must be able to to adapt and learn to face it

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes sometimes i feel just i dont wanna play i some tables with a lot of monkeys .....bacause always i go busto with any premiums ....

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes a table move is the worse thing that could happen.
Sometimes a table move is the absolutely best thing that could possibly happen.
Flip Flop that's online poker, embrace the online game and everything it has to offer.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today i was playing a MTT on POKERSTARS and, at the middle stage of the tournament, i was moved to another table TWICE in 10 minutes.
I don't like it because the whole work you've done to read your opponents is immediatly down.
Do you know how the software decides who is moved (and when) ?
And how do you manage arriving at a new table (and often immediatly hitting a very good hand) ?

It's not particularly pleasant when you are moved to another table, especially when you have already made up the ranges for the players and saw their notes:jd4::jd4:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I hate it for the same reason as you , especially against new opponents I don't have any reads/labels on them , I need some orbits in order to adapt my playstyle again and this is so frustrating!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't affect me too much.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I do well in a tourney it is often when I have been at the same table for a long time and haven't been moved

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No,
I spend a lot of time seeing the other players actions and doing some notes, spoting the bad players and how they play. When they move me to another table i have to do all this work again
At late stages its okay, few tables left and there is nothing they can do. But early stages/ mid stages its terrible

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today i was playing a MTT on POKERSTARS and, at the middle stage of the tournament, i was moved to another table TWICE in 10 minutes.
I don't like it because the whole work you've done to read your opponents is immediatly down.
Do you know how the software decides who is moved (and when) ?
And how do you manage arriving at a new table (and often immediatly hitting a very good hand) ?

I could not agree more. It is very frustrating . . .

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never matters it has both advantages and disadvantages you can use.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Number of players - not chips stack

I think the software change the table to keep it in proportion according to the stack of the players.
If you do not have notes or other information like stats about the players of the new table, it is advisable to play the first hands carefully. ;):)

Thanks for your answers 👍.
I also think that the software moves the player in order to respect a kind of stacks equilibrium at each table.
But the fact is: each time you arrive at a new table, you must play your firsts hands carefully.
So it is a great advantage to stay a long time at the same table.
But well i suppose there is nothing else to do than hope not to visit too many tables during the tournament :D

This isn't true.
Players are moved at random (ACR), based on the number of participants. When a lot of players register - tables have to be added and some times a lot of times to make all the tables even (number of players at the same table) players will be moved from the table they are on to another table.
This also happens when players bust out.

Moving tables has nothing at all to do with any players chip stack.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as I am not moved from big blind to big blind on the bubble low stacked, I'm cool.
If you move from bb to bb you would have to sit out 2 or 3 hands (and not pay the blinds) until you were in the cutoff. This keeps it fair to not allow a player to have to pay the blinds more than once per orbit, and also keeps players from jumping from the button on one table into the button on the next table.

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind moving occasionally, but I hate it when you move in the middle of blinds and then get moved again immediately only to wait again for more blinds. It tends to disrupt good rhythms and gets me out of my game for a series of hands.

GLAVI65

GLAVI65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it's bad luck, good luck

I played a live tournament once where I was never moved. It was much easier as players came to my table one by one. My brother was watching and he told me I dont know if you realize it or not but you were betting all of the small chips so people didnt believe you had the hand because of it and called off. I ended up winning.

Many times I ask myself the same thing ... Although poker is a strategy game and it is better to study to improve yourself, there is also a percentage of luck: Maybe it's bad luck, good luck haha ​​... Greetings

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
that was an interesting question

On MTT, it often happens that they are transferred to one table, then to another table. On the one hand, this is good - there are tables where opponents are very uncomfortable, and it is bad-in a short period of time you have collected information about the players sitting at the tables, you assume their range of hands and the next moment .

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 2-3 tables as I am a beginner the more it is more difficult for me to play.