Do you have any ritual before the tournament?

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder how you guys are getting ready for poker? I like everything at my fingertips.My coffee, juice, phone…. Or do you have other habits?

M

mell0404

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the habit of checking my social networks before, relax

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:canabis:

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually try to clear my mind and relax as much as possible. The less stressed I am, the better the decisions I typically end up making. So yeah... deep breathes and relax!

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rituals before I sit for the Grind

For starts I check the leader board and notice I am 10 cent short of being number 1300 on the board. Played last Friday night and placed 29th. Most likely will not move up much on the board until I am a (FRC) Member. I have nothing but time. I start early before a game coffee, smokes, drinks and gotta have Led Zeppelin (No Quarter) when I start. There is no chance of any tells on-line, it is like playing at a table with nine blind people. 1st Goal when playing is to make the late registration cut-off. 2nd Goal is to place in the money, 3rd Win the game.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually try to clear my mind and relax as much as possible. The less stressed I am, the better the decisions I typically end up making. So yeah... deep breathes and relax!
I always do that too, and not just before a poker game. Meditation or just sitting in silence.;)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t have a special ritual before a poker tournament, but I try to do everything before the start of the tournament so that nothing distracts me later.:)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually put my phone nearby so that i can use it as backup in case of problems with my internet or the need to answer urgent call without getting up. I also like to have something to drink whil i play (juice, water or tea) and i always go the toilet before the MTT start so that i am sure that i will get to the next break without any problem. :D

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I know that I have to play some important tournament, I try to relax a little before the game, that is, take a nap or just lie down relaxing !!!

gunit

gunit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not sit at tables with poor mood without breakfast, just as if there are some distractions) complete detachment from everything and go on to victories !!!)))

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to do Yoga: Surya Namaskar, Parwan and shavasana. Plus a bit of sitting meditation focused on my goals and visualize myself achieving them. During the game I like to hear some classical music and mozart is my favorite. Music with people singing affect a lot my thought process I don't like it while playing, but sometimes some Notorious B.I.G., Dr Dre and Eminem are like a overconfidence boost, as some rock songs can do the same, but while playing mozart makes me more comfortable

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... I do all the things I should do first ... then I check my emails, social media, check that I have cold water in the fridge to drink during the game session ... and I enjoy the game .. .!

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
That would be a rather big no. Maybe I should, it could have a good effect on setting up the right mind set.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to be awake for most of the MTT. When they are scheduled and you had a tough time sleeping, staying awake is it. Although I've done well sleeping through them too.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go to the toilet, smoke a cigarette, make a cup of tea

M

mihael

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always carry a bracelet with me since that is usually the prize of people who win tournaments but my bracelet is named after my mom

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I wonder how you guys are getting ready for poker? I like everything at my fingertips.My coffee, juice, phone…. Or do you have other habits?

Hi.
My ritual is a good rest before the tournament. My talisman is a good mood. And of course, coffee, tea and biscuits are in the range. :D
Good luck.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no rituals. If only a good night's sleep, I don’t know. But I know a guy who often gets beer before a weekend game.

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get some coffe could be me ritual but i do it all the time so idk

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To check if I have enough coffee in my mug ^^

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to eat and drink some water first, smoking a haystack is also good haha

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any rituals, I just mentally prepare myself for the game.