Do you have any ritual before the tournament?

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, a good cup of coffee, or sometime a beer or soda, and something to eat, and to play poker.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before playing al poker I leave everything in order.
So I will not have any distraction at the time of the tournament.
the more focused you are, the better results.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes I do. I turn on my computer, open up the poker software and sign up. :) LOL

OK really, I do like to meditate before I start playing.

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ride the hookah when you can ride it

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Ritual Drinking a few cans of beer and smoking cigarettes before tournaments.

A

Akena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, clean my computer, keyboard and everything around, prepare something to drink and put on some music.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder how you guys are getting ready for poker? I like everything at my fingertips.My coffee, juice, phone…. Or do you have other habits?

It depends on the kind of game you are playing often. For MTTs i generally drink some water and eat a snack before and put some music and get comfortable till it starts!

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I don't have any special rituals before the tournament. The only important condition that it is advisable to observe is to get a good sleep before any gaming session.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before tournaments, I stock up on coffee, cookies, sometimes I just drink water.
The most important thing is peace and quiet. I can't play - if there is too much noise in the house.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have any ritual before I play in a tournament. I just grab my chips and go. Hopefully, I am lucky enough to get in the money otherwise I don't win. It is a lot of fun for me. I do enjoy it immensely. Good luck to all who play in their tourneys.

Beatlebug

MLA2833

MLA2833

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes & Sometimes Not

The word ritual is a bit of a stretch for my pre-tournament process is sometimes followed and sometimes not. Honestly, most of the time I do not follow a process. However, for serious tournaments or ones that I deem worthy for the process I like to go over poker basics to where I go onto cardschat.com and review poker strategies and player tendencies.
The reason for this is because upon exiting each tournament I find that I tend to make very basic mistakes that hurt my playing power and then go onto tilt. So anything that I can do to keep me focused on my game and strategy is helpful and I have found that reviewing the information available on cardschat.com helps tremendously.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder how you guys are getting ready for poker? I like everything at my fingertips.My coffee, juice, phone…. Or do you have other habits?
My ritual is to prepare a diffuser with an essential oil, preferably eucalyptus, and also create a playlist of piano music to play for a few hours in complete relaxation. And I also make smoothies just to refresh myself in the middle of the session and get a boost of energy. "

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WALK!

Gotta walk, skip some rope, do a walking meditation if circumstances permit, & take 3-5 Pulls of that sleng thing

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For important tournaments I like to prepare everything to drink a good fernet with coca cola (typical drink of Cordoba argentina) before starting to play

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Many times listening to music is among my rituals, but one of the things I do is try to relax and try to have positive thoughts, to try to attract good energies, other things I do is try to play other tournaments with anticipation, something like to warm up

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I do stretching exercises on my mouse hand and I pay particular attention to it's clicking finger.

Can't risk getting cramps if I make it to the final table.

:top:

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have day 2 of the $215 coming up at the end of the month so I am always open to reading threads like this and gathering new ideas to prepare myself more.

As for me I stretch and try to get a meal in before the cards are in the air.

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually involves waking up early since most of the online events start at odd hours over here in Asia! Just getting comfortable mostly :)

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any ritual, I just start playing.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

For me, the ritual before a tournament is to play on satellites :D

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually have a puff before tourneys.. And maybe a vodka n Sprite :)

S

Stickyfish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Just register and start playing.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some kind of strange ritual or superstition: I always play the 96s hand. And she wins in most cases.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Short answer-- No!

I have no superstitions or rituals! I just play.

When the fun Stops, STOP!