Do you exit out after being eliminated or stay and study opponents?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All-in or all-out.

If I'm in a tourney, I'm in it totally focused. If I want to study players, it has to be with the tourney adrenaline turned off.
To study effectively, I cannot have skin in the game. Also, it hits home to a lot of players to watch the person who got lucky, at your expense, climb up and up the ladder. Most players prefer not to watch after their battleship has been sunk.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm in a tourney, I'm in it totally focused. If I want to study players, it has to be with the tourney adrenaline turned off.
To study effectively, I cannot have skin in the game. Also, it hits home to a lot of players to watch the person who got lucky, at your expense, climb up and up the ladder. Most players prefer not to watch after their battleship has been sunk.
When I do it, It is usually to study one person. By focusing on just one person I can "play" along with them and see maybe why they are doing what they are doing. I find it's too much for my old brain to try and study more than one person at the time.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No.. They always make me leave after I flip over the table.

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

It depends on how many players are left in the tournament. If there are too many insurances I leave immediately and start playing another tournament or live table. If there are few times left I usually stay to see how everything ends.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've found that by watching my competitors after being eliminated from a tournament is a great tool to use as a studying aid. Because I'm not involved in trying to focus on playing, I can focus on people and get some good perspectives on their play. Do you just exit out after being eliminated or do you study opponents?

I think that this is not very effective in the sense that there will be quite a bit of information there. And you won’t see too many cards at the showdown either. Unless there were really professional opponents sitting at the table with you, who have a lot to learn from. to this I would prefer to study on my own, or find a team and like-minded people and sort out my mistakes

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have usually had enough and call it a day. It is interesting to watch high level cash games however.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I leave, if I want to study poker there's better places, I only play with micro players.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've found that by watching my competitors after being eliminated from a tournament is a great tool to use as a studying aid. Because I'm not involved in trying to focus on playing, I can focus on people and get some good perspectives on their play. Do you just exit out after being eliminated or do you study opponents?

No I don't stay if I am going to study there are better video's I can spend time evaluating depending on what part of my game I am working on. I can see this being useful if you are playing the same people often though.

But other than CC freerolls or a league game I don't think its worth the time spent.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After I'm eliminated, I just leave I do not stay to watch.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I'm cut off I usually leave or write to others!

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always exit. Watching is boring, I prefer to play ;P

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Exit but if I am in final table that was really interesting I might stay for awhile... usually get bored tho

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I stay and study the opponents, and sometimes I continue watching until the end

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the times I leave the table because I usually play several tables at the same time so I could not focused in only one table, specially if I'm not playing at the table.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont study any certain opponents. There are so many in most of the tournaments I play. If Im going to study I spend my time on making correct plays.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really.

Many of the opponents I find on the CC freerolls keep showing up over and over at the tourneys and since I have a tracker and HUD I already have their stats recorded and if needed I take notes and tag'em while in game.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
As soon as they eliminated me :D , I leave instantly... :)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Yes, I also sometimes watch the opponents after being removed from the table, and sometimes I look for a valuable tournament and watch two or three tables at the same time.
Yes, it is a good idea that can be used by observing, and also observing how the players play and getting to know them.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure i see the point, the chances of coming across the same players in tourneys will be slim. And even when you do come across them again, they may have evolved and notes of them will be mute.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Exit. Usually been playing for hours and usually around bedtime so I'm out of there. I suppose it would be advantageous to stay and study but I don't care to. I feel I can evaluate a player after playing with them for 30/40 minutes. Works for me.

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, there are way better ways to study poker. Let a HUD study the opponents for you and use time more wisely