Status
Not open for further replies.
quintass

quintass

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow thats always a tuff one. I usually do when theres just a few players left and it would put me all in. But it would also depend on the style of the all in player and what I've learned from his play.

ChronicFish

ChronicFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i limp those ak/ax hands. all in on the pockets jj and up. limp would be the best way to go.unless you are at final table. all in.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol @ I had to call

Fair point, what I meant was the blinds would have had me soon anyway if I didn't so it made more sense to gamble and hope he had <=Qs. Would obviously try and avoid that situation again.

_FISHFEET81_

_FISHFEET81_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on a few things, if its a tourney and say 12 people left im middle of pack someone shuvs with my same stack and someone calls ill fold, if they have little left ill call. cash game ill rarely fold it. Just depends on the scenario with me position and where I am at in a tourney obviously if its early on im calling and depending if I know the players im playing with and if they are tight or what their ranges are etc.

odomazetov

odomazetov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play AK even not suited , after any hand pair this is probably the strongest hand. I usually raise , or reraise somebody on this kind of hand , and i think the percentage of wining is about 70% with AK.

L

Loki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you fold it sometimes preflop, Ill give you a good senario.

Villan is a conservative player, and just limps, you bet with ur AK, someone else
raises your bet, and villan raises again! I mean come on. There is no chance villan would do that with AQ or A anything, probably not even with AK. So what could he have. Well if he has like JJ or QQ ur still losing! and if the has AA or KK your wayyy behind. So in this case... i mean there is a good chance that your far behind and especially considering the fact that he did a check raise!!! These things you have to consider, and you know its not a bluff cause he would be bluffing 2 people out of the hand that both placed a bet/raise... very unlikely for a conservative player to do that... so do the math.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold AK pre flop this is a premium hand and when there suited even better
a lot of hands you can beat with this hand seen today on poker stars free roll AK vs KK AK won even against QQ its a coin flip slight advantage for QQ

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very strong hand but i think in a tournaments with thousands of people if you get it like starting hand i think that you would play it because 70 per cent you will win but in later stage you have to see the circumstances your position the stack and how the other players react

sejotek

sejotek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i never folded A K ,but i think i loose 50% of the hands playng with A K. And very offen i loose with this hand when the game is in bubble play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker