Do not put the clock down at the hand for hand

N

NotNegreanu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clock Winding

At CC freerolls or at any payed tournament that you play online, you should NOT slow your action until the clock goes down at the hand for hand mode play before the bubble blows. This will only you and your oponents loose time that you/them can spend doing other things beside poker.

So, at the CC freerolls be aware:

At ACR/BCP the hand for hand mode starts at when there are one more player for table before the bubble blows. Nowadays that most all ACR/BCP freerolls are paying 27 players, the hand for hand mode starts with 30 players. So, watch out when there are 30 players or less, until 28, you have to play fast, because put the clock down to 0 will not let any advantage to you.

At pokerstars nowadays are paying 45 players, so the hand for hand mode starts at 46 players and also there are another hand for hand mode before the final table, when there are 10 players. With 46 players or with 10 players you have to play fast and not put the clock down.

At BOL and SB the hand for hand starts with 16 when pays 15 and with 11 when pays 10;

And all other sites are the same system. Please let make the game smarter and you can slow the clock down at the right time when you are short stacked, but NEVER when we are at HAND FOR HAND mode, because it does not make any difference or advantage to you, but only will make you loose your precious time. Ty.

I agree with you, I despise those who wind down the clock on purpose on every single decision even if they are going to fold they wait till the last second or the just let the software make them go inactive and then they click take my seat 1 second later.

kaper0071

kaper0071

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time is money

But it is always better to think and not lose than to hurry and lose the Bank. After all, during the course you need to think about many things, all weigh and make the right decision. I've always watched poker on TV, and I've always seen players think about their moves rather than making hasty moves.

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At CC freerolls or at any payed tournament that you play online, you should NOT slow your action until the clock goes down at the hand for hand mode play before the bubble blows. This will only you and your oponents loose time that you/them can spend doing other things beside poker.

So, at the CC freerolls be aware:

At ACR/BCP the hand for hand mode starts at when there are one more player for table before the bubble blows. Nowadays that most all ACR/BCP freerolls are paying 27 players, the hand for hand mode starts with 30 players. So, watch out when there are 30 players or less, until 28, you have to play fast, because put the clock down to 0 will not let any advantage to you.

At pokerstars nowadays are paying 45 players, so the hand for hand mode starts at 46 players and also there are another hand for hand mode before the final table, when there are 10 players. With 46 players or with 10 players you have to play fast and not put the clock down.

At BOL and SB the hand for hand starts with 16 when pays 15 and with 11 when pays 10;

And all other sites are the same system. Please let make the game smarter and you can slow the clock down at the right time when you are short stacked, but NEVER when we are at HAND FOR HAND mode, because it does not make any difference or advantage to you, but only will make you loose your precious time. Ty.

I'm sorry to disagree, I understand that you think it does not make sense and this is usually the case, but sometimes using the time your favor DOES SENSE even though the tournament is in HAND mode by HAND:

If you are in last positions and have a medium amount of chips (and you think your chips will reach to pay SB + BB, to move to another round less) you can use the time for the blinds to increase and so other players with few chips remain eliminated more easily (although I would hate you if I were one of these) and thus get to higher paying positions, could reach even another instance where again the tournament is in HANH by HAND mode.

I know it's a bastard but I see it a lot, especially in freerolls, is that understood? I believe that for this reason there are people who spend their time even if the tournament is in hand-to-hand mode.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
during hand for hand No timer should not go down. but as my quote says in order to win it you must first be in it.
Why rush cause it annoys everyone. Your most likely not going to win which is what we all want so why bust out when you could have cashed. So if you have this win it or go home attitude thats yours to have but im doing what i have to to cash first before i worry about annoying someone running the clock down. Ive won a few turnys just making it in to cash and going on a run after bubble burst. Its a strategy deal with it

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SO TRUE.
Hand per hand is already annoying and it's even worse when somebody tries to get a min cash by putting the clock down.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I completely agree that you do not need to drag time. But there are situations when a very weak hand outplayed your strong hand, and maybe several times in a row. Then you can take a short break so as not to make mistakes with the hot. I see nothing wrong with that. Without this, you can’t even enter the prize area, and just lose money for entering the game.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I kinda grow weary of disingenuous poker advice.....
so much of it out there....

I

Index12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is especially annoying when h-h happens very frequently. A couple times I can understand if you had to do something in the middle of a hand(I'm busy sometimes), but if it keeps happening then I'd complain quietly.

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THANK YOU for posting this lol I can't stand when people drag the time on hand for hand play

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So what you're saying is that players shouldn't stall during hand for hand play. Okay, I agree. The problem I have with it is that not only does it not accomplish anything, since it is hand for hand and no table is going to see any more or less hands than any other table whether you play fast or slow, but that it also limits the amount of hands that you will get to see as the blinds increase.

What people seem to forget is that the tournament clock is still running, so the blinds are still increasing. It seems to me that players have it all backwards. It seems that stalling would be a big stack tactic to increase the pressure on the short stacks whos stacks become less and less valuable as blinds increase. Instead the big stacks are the ones that tend to play faster and the short stacks are the ones that play slower. It might seem counterintuitive, but in reality they are acting against their own self interest. They seem to think that they are holding the blinds off from getting to them for a little longer without realizing that blinds are coming regardless, but the longer they stall, the more the blinds are going to increase and the bigger bite they are going to take from their stack every time they come around.

My preference is always to see more hands. The shorter my stack gets, the more I hands I want to see as I look for a decent hand that's going to allow me to win a pot and move up the leaderboard. Increasing blinds means I will get to see less hands as my stack dwindles. It also means that when I do pick up a hand my stack will have less value. Instead of having 12.5 blinds and a little harder decision for my opponents, I now will only have 10 bigs and be looking at an automatic snap call from anyone with a halfway decent hand.

The whole eating seconds off of my life thing is a bit of a factor as well. But then again, a lot of us are trying kill a little time anyway. So there's that argument.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
there are so many smart & knowledgeable poker players here
i learn much from this forum, this thread good example
thank you!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands