Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Your opinion?? Where to start? Should I play in freerolls and learn, or should I immediately make a deposit and play for money?
I would advise building a bankroll by playing freerolls. First, this way you can improve your own skills without any risk with your own money. Besides, freerolls are great fun :)

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Definitely freerolls.
Winning something on the freerolls and losing it is not as painful as risking your own money.
If you are persistent, freerolls can be a great opportunity to start your career, the main thing is to never lose your head and follow the bankroll management.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making a deposit and then playing freerolls is a good idea. Depositing with certain sites gets you bonuses including tickets for exclusive freerolls. Good luck.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
My opinion is that you need to start with freerolls, train your gaming skills, and you can make deposits when you have gained confidence and knowledge.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Start with BOTH!
This will give you the chance to play in buyin tournaments, cash game tables, & Freerolls! On many sites you'll also be able to play in 'Depositor Freerolls' (ie. 888Poker, TitanPoker, Partypoker, WPTGlobal & probably many more I'm unaware of).
Depositor Freerolls typically have a lot of players in them who don't really care about their result in the freeroll. They are easy to cash in.
(ie. in 2023 I made 5 min. deposits on Partypoker ($20). I played in 5 of their Depositor Freerolls & cashed 4x for a total of $104.25 )

Another reason you'll want to deposit on ALL sites you play on -
Most sites require you to have made a deposit prior to requesting a Withdrawal on the site. So you might build up a small bankroll strictly playing in freerolls but when you go to Withdrawal funds from your account, you're going to be needing to Deposit then anyways. Might as well do this in the first place so that everything is in order for you when you do withdraw some of your winnings.

Another reason
If you want to get better at the game of poker, strictly playing freerolls will not get you there... in fact you'll run the risk of developing many bad habits you'll just need to break later on. Even the lowest limits (ie. 0.01/0.02 cash game, or $0.50 buyin Tournaments) have far better play in them.

And another
Just playing in freerolls can be very tedious and boring.

And another
Playing in freerolls restricts you to playing only during the times when these freerolls are offered. What if you want to play late at night? Good chance there's very little on offer for you.
By making a deposit you can play pretty much whatever and whenever you want... and the games are going to be FAR better!

You can still play the Freerolls if you've made a deposit AND you'll also qualify to play in better freerolls!
(on TitanPoker last month I made a minimum deposit )$20) which gave me 2 Freeroll tickets. I cashed for $60 (1st was $2,000) and in the other I cashed for $30)

When I first began playing online poker (16yrs. ago), I deposited to 2 poker sites but I also played in the freerolls too.

Great information here ^

I'd give it a 2 thumbs up!

ScreenHunter 17663

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play for a while freerolls and then deposit, because when you have made a deposit you have more advantages and more offers as a player.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i started with freerolls, until i was confident enough to play for real money. lucky i made enough at the freerolls to not have to deposit anything.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You joined the СС on October 7, more than 2 months have passed and you decided to ask what is the best way to do it? How did you play for 2 months, what is your level of play?

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll for me, I don’t like playing with my own cash.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I started with freerolls and then made the first deposit on PS. On other sites, I only play freerolls.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is little to learn in freerolls, people play mindlessly, although there are such crazy players at micro-limits, play to your bankroll,

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
As a beginner play freerolls. Don't deposit, you will be a fish and your deposit will disappear quickly.
Learn the game, Youtube has heaps of free coaching videos.:)

KissMyAceZtUa

KissMyAceZtUa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Play freerolls on 888 - it’s great start to build your bankroll and play for money further. You will learn push fold and update your skills on private tournaments.

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerols are often turbo or hyper tournaments where you're brcoming short stackrd very quickly, moreover there's lot of maniac/random so you anly wait for premium hands. In my opinion it's best to mix freerolls with cheap tournaments both SnGs and MTTs

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started with freerolls. Now there are also a lot of free satellites on 888.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your opinion?? Where to start? Should I play in freerolls and learn, or should I immediately make a deposit and play for money?
Build a bankroll from freerolls this gives you time to work on your skills.
You don't lose your hard earned money that you need to pay your daily/monthly expenses.
Only if you have money in your budget that you don't mind losing it, a deposit with that makes sense.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Currently I'm just playing freeroll and I'm doing well, making an average of $100 a month!!!

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You probably have to decide for yourself what is best for you. Personally, I was in no rush to make a deposit, the first few months I played only in freerolls. I still continue to play them and thanks to them I have quite good results. I think without freerolls my bankroll would decrease. Thanks to the community, thanks to our freerolls I'm having good results, my bankroll is growing and overall I'm optimistic :)

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
one thing won't hurt the other. both the deposit and the freerolls will be fine at the start.

M

Masticateur

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Is it commun to bet all in at strat amd couple of good hand on beginning of freeroll

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why do you have to do one or the other? What are you goals? What is the point of this thread?

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make a deposit first...Because in many poker rooms you need to have deposited to participate in the freerolls...In addition, you can win tickets and bonuses

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, you can start playing with free tournaments, but after that you still have to make a deposit to withdraw even the money you won from free tournaments so make a deposit earlier and play tournaments on them anyway, you'll have to do it sooner

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello there,

A small deposit is okay just to get in on the Depositor freeroll action from pokerstars too.

However, my advice is to set a target to win in the freerolls - I started with a goal of winning $100 from freerolls to earn playing in $1.00 tournaments.

See my journey here

Although I experienced some success, I have not gone into the deep end of the pool yet. Enjoy learning in the freerolls - trust me, the competition is very tough!

Also, get integrated into the community and play in the team leagues while earning Platinum status in Cardschat.

Loads of fun await you :D

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest the same approach as most of the post in this tread. Play free rolls and gain experience and then make a small deposit. There is more opportunities to play free rolls and you can start playing small tournaments.