Deposit or freeroll

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Your opinion?? Where to start? Should I play in freerolls and learn, or should I immediately make a deposit and play for money?

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Your opinion?? Where to start? Should I play in freerolls and learn, or should I immediately make a deposit and play for money?
In my opinion, start in freerolls, but you have an option here at CC, deposit and participate in a special $1000 freeroll (hopefully it will continue from January) (I believe it will be valid for 3 months)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you are starting out in poker I would say to start with freerolls, until you gain experience, then you can even start playing for money, but start at low limits.

And take the opportunity to take the 30-day Cardschat course, it's completely free and with good content for beginners, I leave the link below.

2Deep

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I am starting with freeroll since money is tight and so far it's been a lot of fun.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's definitely better to start in the freeroll and gain experience, then when you feel comfortable and study the game more you start in the micro buyin

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of your financial situation. But even if you decide to deposit, I think you should also play freerolls. When I started to play many years ago, it used to have many good freerolls everyday, including 24/7 free sit'gos, so, I could play for free whenever I wanted and it was easy to learn and build a bank from freerolls, so, I remember that I only made deposits to be able to request cashouts. Nowadays, there are much less free tournaments, so, it can take a while to you build a comfortable freeroll to play real money games. If that's ok for you, I think freerolls is the best option.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
You should definitely start with freerolls, in fact, if you are already playing, you should bet from the freeroll prizes, not from your own money.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Free roll zero risk. if you are in the money you get paid and build your bankroll from there

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, if you have never played online poker before, I advise you to play freerolls to gain experience and learn the basic tactics and behavior of other players at the table. Once you have acquired some skills, you can try your luck in paid tournaments.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Start with BOTH!
This will give you the chance to play in buyin tournaments, cash game tables, & Freerolls! On many sites you'll also be able to play in 'Depositor Freerolls' (ie. 888Poker, TitanPoker, partypoker, WPTGlobal & probably many more I'm unaware of).
Depositor Freerolls typically have a lot of players in them who don't really care about their result in the freeroll. They are easy to cash in.
(ie. in 2023 I made 5 min. deposits on Partypoker ($20). I played in 5 of their Depositor Freerolls & cashed 4x for a total of $104.25 )

Another reason you'll want to deposit on ALL sites you play on -
Most sites require you to have made a deposit prior to requesting a Withdrawal on the site. So you might build up a small bankroll strictly playing in freerolls but when you go to Withdrawal funds from your account, you're going to be needing to Deposit then anyways. Might as well do this in the first place so that everything is in order for you when you do withdraw some of your winnings.

Another reason

If you want to get better at the game of poker, strictly playing freerolls will not get you there... in fact you'll run the risk of developing many bad habits you'll just need to break later on. Even the lowest limits (ie. 0.01/0.02 cash game, or $0.50 buyin Tournaments) have far better play in them.

And another
Just playing in freerolls can be very tedious and boring.

And another
Playing in freerolls restricts you to playing only during the times when these freerolls are offered. What if you want to play late at night? Good chance there's very little on offer for you.
By making a deposit you can play pretty much whatever and whenever you want... and the games are going to be FAR better!

You can still play the Freerolls if you've made a deposit AND you'll also qualify to play in better freerolls!
(on TitanPoker last month I made a minimum deposit )$20) which gave me 2 Freeroll tickets. I cashed for $60 (1st was $2,000) and in the other I cashed for $30)

When I first began playing online poker (16yrs. ago), I deposited to 2 poker sites but I also played in the freerolls too.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it's a good idea to start playing freeroll and get some experience and then go to lower limits. There is a difference between freeroll and paid tournaments so starting with a small buy-in is ideal.

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, of course, you have to start with freerolls. Now there are so many promotions that you can always win something!

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I recommend starting with freerolls while you learn to play poker and get comfortable with your style. After that, you can play micro-tournaments or NL2 cash games, depending on what you prefer.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree to play freeroll to learn how to play poker. Most freeroll MTTs are NL Holdem.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Most importantly you should get experience and you can do it only by playing a lot. If you are ready to lose some money definitely deposit but still play as many freerolls as possible.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me myself I definently prefer freerolls. Theres no pressure of me losing any of my own money and with that poker becomes 10 times easier for me too.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think that beginners in playing poker would prefer to play in free tournaments.
To gain the skill and knowledge necessary to start playing for real money

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What kind of poker experience do you have if you have no experience start playing freerolls and if you have some experience and if you can afford it you are ready to deposit and start playing good luck.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think this way: make a deposit if you already know how to play, have experience and want to start playing paid tournaments, on the contrary if you do not have experience or are looking to learn I recommend that you start playing freeroll, that will help you gain a little experience and knowledge, add to that that you can win cash prizes just by investing a little of your time, and when you build a solid bankroll play the tournaments you want, in my case I only play freerolls, when I play a paid tournament it is because I win the entry through some free satellite

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would start with the free rolls but it depends on how experienced you are and if you can afford to deposit.

If you have played before and are more experienced then depositing will allow you to play higher stakes quicker then having to build a roll from the free roll tournaments.

But sometimes people have no option and have built something from nothing.

You had Chris Ferguson who went from 0 to 10k and also Doug Polk who did $100 to $10k and Doug’s was done a lot quicker as he didn’t have to grind the first $100 out

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it’s worth starting with a small deposit, if you manage to develop it, then great, but if you lose, then it’s better to play in freerolls for now.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No harm in playing sit and gos for low stakes, a good way to learn. Freerolls are good for learning how to go deep in a MTT tournament. I started off playing many sit and gos for small cash.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
In my opionion: never make a deposit only withdrawals. Start with freerolls,win or learn and build a bankroll.Once you have a bankroll start to buyin in, use your bankroll to see your buyin level.20 times the buyin in your bankroll is the buyin level to play.If you want to play a 2 $ sitngo you need at least 40$ in your bankroll 2*20=40$.

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In my opinion, start in freerolls, but you have an option here at CC, deposit and participate in a special $1000 freeroll (hopefully it will continue from January) (I believe it will be valid for 3 months)
Hey, where and when CC have that special $1000 freeroll?

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play freerolls and have some real money in my account.