im with ya

hard lay down....y did the bb fold?

P

panapper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a tough lay down of course but i would need to take into consideration if he has been tight or loose but for the most part 88+ in the small blind is usually a raise pre flop situation, if he re-raises pre-flop and then raises on the flop, you got more fold equity to make it easier to fold. some hands are you almost always have to raise pre-flop but my #1 rule always.... NEVER GO BROKE IN A LIMPED POT!!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
flat calling the flop was the mistake raise or fold you 3rd pair.......

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on how the player was playing previous, I would try to make a determination call off that. But with that flush draw out there I would have likely put him on the flush and done nearly the same thing. Better luck next time.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope

u played it fine, its just unfortunate that happened, that's part of poker there's skill. and there's certain situations like that that's really noting you can do. fortunately those spots don't happen enough or enough where it puts you out to not be profitable . I mean sometimes youll hav to fold in spots like that. but I don't think that was one of them .
better luck and don't sweat the coolers

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would've folded after the villain's flop bet, but I would almost never fold a set.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You stated you felt he had a weak ace on the flop from his bet into you on the flop, so why did you call?

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Confused on the river, you bet, he raises, and then you shove back over again all in? Am I reading that correct?

I could have folded on the flop. Not folding the turn. Again confused on river... if you bet he re-raise then I call but would not shove back over all in. I am not doing that without the nuts pretty much on the river.

From his action... limp pre, bet flop, bet turn, raise river I would have thought 99 honestly. A9 was possible on flop and turn but I don't think most raise on the river with paired board and flush possible with 2 pair very often.

Wether AA or 99 doesn't matter as this is a bit if bad luck and probably makes at least 9 of 10 players go broke. Really folding is not an option with such a strong hand on turn or river.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I'm sure I would've busted out onthat hand . If only he would've bet a little more after flop you might have been able to get away from it . He got lucky slow playing AA ,if I would do that I would get beat . lol

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would had went all in, at some point in the hand. Love to double up!!!

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it just right because i would of called on the flop hoping for a 8 then when i got my 8 i would of gone all in

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its really hard to avoid that situations,almost everyone call bet on the flop with poker pair to see if their oponnent is just messing around or he have a hand,so i think that call on the flop its fine,and then of course after you hit a set there is no chance you can fold,bad beat..

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain limped into the pot with AA (which is a great way to have AA busted) and hero (you) flat called with 88. The problem with these decisions preflop is that neither of you have acquired sufficient information to place your opponent on a hand.

Say villain led out by flat calling and hero made a sizeable raise (say 5-6 times the bb) with his pp 88, villain would have two options: either re-raise or call your large bet. In either case you've acquired information to put him on a more premium hand.

Post-flop suddenly comes two over cards to hero's pp 88 and villain continues his aggression. Now it makes it easier to fold this hand given the information you've acquired. By limping into the pot you simply dont have enough information leaving hero susceptible to getting busted especially after hitting a full house by the river. Very difficult to lay down at this point with no information.

Hope this helps and keep grinding!!!

Thanks I will defiantly be using these raising tips thanks