Was this the correct play here?

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with several others here, it's a push or fold. If you are already in the money I would say push, if it gets through you have almost a 25% chip up.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded the preflop as discussed you still have time for a better hand and at the point in the game where every chip matters.

On the re-raise after the flop I would have folded unless I could beat TPGK. Same reason you don't a good reason to chase a draw here.

S

sanek18_1999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess not.One piece need to make a raise and a flop to play on the situation or on the map.I probably should have played differently.

T

TEIS22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me personally I have done the same good chance to double up but lately flushes really haven't been catching for me. But in this case I feel like you prolly was getting bored wanted some excitement to get you back in the game 6-7 hours in a tournament can be very tiresome and boring especially when the hands your a getting look like they have that potential but in the back of your mind you kno they are not as strong as you want them to be but to be in that tournament that long and keep up is still an achievement of its own

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think sent the person checked on the fold i would of too and got a free card and seen if i would of got my flush for free is what i would of done

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10BBs is fold/shove territory, especially in early position this should be an easy fold.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop limping - you will get better at poker if you do - you have ten big blinds - this is a push or fold situation.

Mathematically it is correct to shove this hand with the stack you have, but personally as theaverage stack is so low I would wait for a better position or hand.

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I agree, I think it was a bad limp and I should really only be looking to shove premium hands and fold marginal hands such as these. With the blinds as high as they were, I just didn't know whether or not this hand deserved to see a flop or not and I wanted to see what I could land. The 4 diamond flush draw clouded my judgement and I never would've been in that situation anyway if I never played the hand at all and folded pre-flop. Such a bad idea to risk so much hard work and effort for a flush draw. Also what do you mean by reset and weak-pushat
When your playing shove/fold it's still good to work a few bluffs in to keep your opponents guessing. This hand fits the bill quite nicely..

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played the hand very bad from all points of view.

First of all preflop you should shove/fold. If you are aiming for the 1st place of course you should have shoved.

After your limping, on the flop, I consider you did a second mistake. You had a flush draw and made a 75% bet to scare your opponent off. You shouldn't do this with your small stack with that nice draw against your opponent weak range. You should check it back here, offering him the opportunity to bluff on you with a 6 or a 3 or with some draws. Don't get me wrong, you are going to go all in here in every situations, but you should try to extract value in the situations that your opponent has nothing.

bombardinho

bombardinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was necessary to reset or if the table is weak-pushat. Limp from an early position with 10BB is a very bad idea, unless you have a monster. And so your game at this stage with your stack should be push / fold. By the way, maybe on all in he would have thrown the cards)
fully support previous speaker

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No this was not the correct play. The lead on the flop was fine but I tend to not go this route. The only way I may consider this is if I was drawing to the nut flush and had a back door straight draw. This would give you the over car to the board giving you more outs

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should do a study of how to properly play a tournament finale. This UTG limp with 10 bbs is totally -EV. For many reasons: 1) Look at your desk, there are several short stacks. If someone goes all in, you will be in an uncomfortable call situation. Keep in mind that going all-in with this hand is much better than calling. Each blind at this stage should be precious and should be used with great awareness. 2) There are some players with the bigger Stack who can call with marginal hands or make a 3bet, you will lose the blind without need. If you pay to play the flop you will be in a very bad situation because you are not the aggressor. 4) 10bbs is a push or fold situation. Unless it's trap. And from your position, in my opinion it's fold.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason I didn't raise is because I didn't think QJs was a strong enough hand to open with in an early position with only 10BB. I really just wanted to see if I could flop a strong hand and potentially double up. I think if I am in this situation again, I should just fold preflop as I wasn't in any danger of losing chips at the time. I wasn't under any immediate need to play the hand at this time and I think it may be a mistake to be playing a hand like that in this spot, especially with only 20 players left. Do you think I should've raised pre? Looking back on it, I really don't think this hand should've been played.
I aggre with the push or fold situation, you have to think in wining the tournament, take risks not only reach the money but also finish among the three last players. With ten BB and 20 players left I had pushed ally chips.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion, bad limp. With M-Ratio below 5 you must get ready for an all-in shove. I understand it is close to Final table and everyone is shallow and everyone has tighten up for survival. Average stack has M-ratio around 8 and others possibly higher. In your situation you either fold or push. Because everything else will have you pot commited anyway, so you might as well take advantage of Fold equity. Interestingly enough your limp wasn't raised so you weren't pot commited in this (rare) instance. Itd be handy to know the dynamics of the table. If it was really tight I might consider an allin shove (really risky). But most likely I would fold this hand and would focus on Shoving from the button with any poker pair, almost any ace and even the QJ (from the button or cut off). I would fold the QJs UTG+1 unless the table was really really tight.

On the Flop, if your bet was called the effective stack is comitted. I would either Check to avoid committment hoping for a freebie or just go all-in right there and then. Personally I would go for the shove most of the time. I think your call was justified with 31% pot odds and 36% equity.

My 2 cents.

Jane Franklin

Jane Franklin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did several mistakes.
1) Preflop: small rising. But call was good too.
2) I would check that flop or smaller rising like 10 000
3) After his all in... You should not call such board...That was yr mistake totally