Chip leader before bubble....

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I can successfully be the chip leader before the bubble...where should I be placing at? Currently making the money but twice now in the last 5 tournaments I have been the chip leader before the bubble but never made the final table...am I doing something wrong??!

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how you play . Mabey you're playing a lil too tight and getting blinded off . Try being a bit more aggressive , especially close to the bbl , including the bbl for the FT Exploit that lead , just don't get too crazy.

GLGL:D

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As far as I understand, the early stage of the tournament is going well for you, but the middle and late stages are not going so well !!! I think you need to know more about these stages of the tournament as they differ in the opening range and the size of the bet !!!

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on how many chips you have ahead of the other competitors.

If you are far ahead, you can be more agressive, but if you have few blinds ahead, you can go with more caution.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bad thing that is happening is that you get bored of the tournament and what you are looking for is to match or move up and that is not at any time you want without first analyzing all the hands of the players and know that you could make bluff or you get very good hands and you pay each bet, poker is always discipline and perseverance that happened to me when I played very long tournaments, but in the end the victory if it was worth it.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you are chipleader before bubble, in several games, it is very difficult not to reach the final table. Continue the efford, but more carefully, it is mathematicaly sure that you will start reaching the final table more and more often.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bad thing that is happening is that you get bored of the tournament and what you are looking for is to match or move up and that is not at any time you want without first analyzing all the hands of the players and know that you could make bluff or you get very good hands and you pay each bet, poker is always discipline and perseverance that happened to me when I played very long tournaments, but in the end the victory if it was worth it.

You ever slow down once your at the Top, maybe I’m playing to many hands against a tighter pool of people.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A chipleader on a bubble is beatiful, but leadership should not manifest itself in super aggression, because you will receive a lot of all-in preflops from players, who are on the way out. I think, it's right, when you start gradually, slowly building up the pot, but with caution, so as not to make big stupid bets in order to quickly knock out short players. It is also necessary to carefully, after studying the players, put pressure on the weak and passive, against which your pot size will help you a lot. And it's not worth going to war against big players after you (top-3), the risk of losing a lot is very high. Caution and accuracy is what you need, BUT! passive is not for you! ;) Learn and try a lot of strategies in the game and look for the best one for yourself ;)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was easy,,, :rolleyes: nothing is guaranteed in life,certainly not success,,, i find people end up where they deserve,receiving what they deserve,most of the time,,, so really,all we can do is,be the Best person you can be on a daily basis,,,,i find it helps. :wavey:

S

serebec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not able to give advice, the same thing I suffer and always the only explanation I have is that I am in a hurry, I get bored of the tournament and I don't have patience anymore I want it to end faster

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a commendable lead over others at the table, then play aggressively preflop and continue to build a big stack.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play aggressively only against players who have an average stack, go all-in or five bb against them . You should not play aggressively against players who have a smaller game stick, unless, of course, you have very strong starting hands.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
adapt

I would say ,without knowing just how you play, that you may need to consider the stance you take when you are near the bubble or even just inside the bubble, it may be you tighten up a little to much, changing the way you play to be cautious but also taking away your chances of keeping the momentum.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are the chip leader, it doesn't mean that you will have a final table)))There are two reasons why this is happening to you,either you are out of luck or you don’t know how to manage the stack

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In my opinion is good to trying stealing a blinds from far positions,also we dont have a pression to playing all in every hand and double up. We Cheapleading so we're need to improve a chips not a silly let it back.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it depends on many variables, I think the main one is patience.

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Chip leader before bubble.... i Hapy happy

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I can successfully be the chip leader before the bubble...where should I be placing at? Currently making the money but twice now in the last 5 tournaments I have been the chip leader before the bubble but never made the final table...am I doing something wrong??!

You must be more selective with your cards .. in the bubble it is a good monmentoto to attack, but many low stacks will go allin, some will take care to enter ITM, but the bubble is the best time to be aggressive with good cards and take care of the position .. ITM many already feel satisfied and go allin ... play with your cards always ...

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not rush before the prize money, reduce the aggression. I think this is the main thing to do in your situation.

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It has also happened to me, and it is difficult to know without watching you play or without having more information on how you are eliminated, but you must try to recognize the error: you get very impatient and make plays that maybe you shouldn't? Don't you risk enough and just wait and wait until your chips disappear? try to see what you do or what happens that prevents you from reaching the final table

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

if there were only fifty paid seats ... maybe. but if you had 3,000 paid seats then... no way

not all the same

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hart to say with out more information. Being chip leader at the bubble means nothing. Is there 10 left to the final table or 300 more player to go. See what I mean, One thing that could be an issue is your play, Many times I see the chip leader call way to many hands trying to know people out. While you have the chips to spare a few looses will make you a average stock or worse. IA few months back a chip leader on the bubble took on the 2nd big stack. HE 4bet jammed his 60BB stack and expected the fold. Problem was I had aces. He actually was the bubble boy by pushing if I remember correct was 56s.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a chip leader, you should exercise as much pressure as possible on midstacks in the bubble, as they can only call very tightly. The midstack absolutely wants to avoid a marginal situation against the bigstack. Short stacks can call relatively white and thus benefit from the opponents' wide pushing rangers and good odds.