tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Poker neverheless freeroll or cash game is one and the same.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CC Freeroll

Like others have stated I think CC freerolls are taken quite seriously. I do know that the caliber of players VS other freerolls offered by poker sites is much harder and to get in the money in one of CC freerolls you did well. Like I said even though it is a freeroll there are many good poker players playing in these.

GL All :D

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Anyone find it is harder to place in the money in the platinum freerolls then normal 3.30-11.00 tournaments? I have placed in countless tournaments on PS and only 1 CC freeroll. Is it like play money and I don’t care? I often wonder if adrenaline can even be activated with a freeroll.

As has been said here, the field is more difficult than regular freerolls.

Maybe in scale it might be at the level of some $1.10 tournaments, but nothing more.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
well I certainly do find CC freerolls to be very competitive.....you really need to think about what you are doing or for sure you will be donating your stack to a good cause lol

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I guess they are harder cause of the quality of participants..

Only thing which makes these "harder" is the duration of the game specially as freerolls should never last longer than MTTs ...

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not surprising to hear this sentiment. There is a level of care and investment in qualifying to play the cc freerolls, so I'd expect the people playing to be (generally) serious players, at least compared to open low stake events.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
CC free rolls players are surely better than low stake games online. Many of the players are really accomplish player and many do well even outside the CC games. Id you really look at some of the top wining players and you will see them often go deep and win. While we do get some crazy players its just a lot less than in other games.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CardsChat freerolls are hard to win very good players.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think one day if I get platinum level I will win very easy at 888poker cc freerolls and Aemericas Cardroom because on this 2 poker rooms I have most luck I am not sure why in 888poker I have much more luck then in any other site It looks how they have biggest number of bad players,I am not sure.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the cardschat tourneys there are some players like myself that play much different sometimes than others for various reasons but this wouldnt happen as much in buy in tourneys. An example would be when you enter a freeroll but the sun comes out and it is really nice out and you dont care as much if you get knocked out of tourney because lots of other stuff you could be doing. I know I probably am inclined to play better and more patient poker if it is minus 30C with a wind and there is nothing good to watch on tv.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mental question, in the approach you give to freerolls, maybe you relax too much in a matter of making correct decisions, I think that for me the cc freerolls give you a great opportunity to enter prizes often because you get to know the style of the players and that is a plus and also in tournament structure and other things:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls here are harder than others freerolls.

But not harder than low paid tourneys.

Agree very much with this. The level of play in CC platinum freerolls is more or less the same as, what you will find in microstakes MTTs with a buyin of 1,1-3,3$. Not lower but certainly not higher either.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Strong freerolls are those in which the amount is larger and few people play,there is a difference between a freerolls of $50 or 1000$.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all
Playing at micro stakes in MTTs sometimes there is more crazy play than in CardsChat freerolls, I like freerolls

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls on СС , you can safely win from 100 USD for the initial bankroll .of course, the freerolls themselves are very different from playing for a real buy-in. Freeroll is more for playing fun

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I would say yes, the Platinum games are tougher than many micro tournaments. Because you're up against very experienced players who's been around for many years. Just look at the leaderboard.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not in my case . for me freerolls are not harder . if anything they are a little easier than buy in tourneys

i think the reason is that freerolls are ...well....free ...therefore you are less "scared" to make certain moves and also less scared to go all in etc.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it harder to cash on freerolls than in normal tournaments, but thanks to the freerolls I cash more frequently in regular tournaments.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Perhaps the reason why it is more difficult is that they are always the same players and we already know each other's way of playing

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls, and one thing I say is it's very difficult to get money especially at the levels I play, (Bronze), as there's no money invested the vast majority of players in these freerolls will play anyway, calling all-in with any pair , limping every hand. Platinum level tournaments may have more skilled players, but I'm not there yet. Good luck at the tables everyone.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$3-11?

I don't see a difference between the regular Cardchat freerollers and the regular freerollers on ACR, lol. There are exceptions but a lot of them would have issues beating the regular ACR freeroll folks. That's why they're playing the Cardschat freerolls, lol.

:confused:

Today's Cardschat freeroll on ACR actually made me give this opinion a second thought.

I play maybe once a week usually 1 ACR Cardschat freeroll every 2 weeks because the play was so bad in the previous ones but today's ACR Cardschat freeroll was an exception.

Only 88 folks but I had only one 1 sitout at my tables. A lot of times I would have nearly half the table not even show up, lol Not good.

Everyone at the tables seemed to try. It was weird because all the folks I labeled which is nearly the whole table didn't play like they were suppose to. The aggressive donks that I know were trying to play hard actually folding trash hands and not betting when they thought they might be behind instead of trying to bluff folks, calling stations were playing a lot less hands, I was very impressed at the effort.

The only bad play was 1 person who shoved all in with like 50-55+BBs with AK after 2 raises.

I think the hand went UTG+1 makes it 3xish to 100, then the LJ makes it 400, the Button shoves all in for like 2400 and I'm in the SB with QQ.

I fold without a pause because the blinds don't justify playing that hand with that action. I know the 4x raiser has something really nasty from the read of having either AA or KK. It might be Jacks but I don't thinks so.

As soon as the Button shoves I'm guessing they have AK so I don't want to be a 55/45 fav and probably crushed by the LJ and the initial raiser still has to act after me. Zero reason to play QQ with all that action and potentially going to a flop with all those hands that can easily break me when I haven't committed anything to the pot besides 15 chips, lol.

The all in person probably had Ak because that what a lot of beginners do. The initial raiser folds but probably had Ace little or a small pair. The LJ called the all in with KK and the Button shows AK. and doesn't improve. The LJ types "GG" after knocking out the Ak all in donk and I couldn't stop laughing and them saying the allin with that many blinds from thier tourn life was a good. and played a GG, lol

Nothing happened the rest of the tourn, we got down to like 28 folks and I really wanted to get down to at least top 30 % of the field at 26. A early position all in goes all in when they have like 2000 and the blinds are 300/600 with an ante right upon them so they could have anything and probably have Ace x.

I get a pair of 6s and they have me covered. I stall hoping I can get down to 26 and call. They miss the ace on the flop but hit a wheel on the river but I can't get mad because I probably would have made the same play. And of course I don't hit 26th place but that was in my control and if I really wanted it should have folded the 6s.

So not the result I wanted but was worth playing and enjoyed the effort from most.

Last edited:
Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im quite new and already got two first place finishes.
One on GGPoker and tonight on pokerstars.

I would say its easier compared to buy-in tourneys
because its more aparent whos trying hard and whos
just having some quick fun.

Freeroll Passwords