CC freerolls harder then paid entries?

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone find it is harder to place in the money in the platinum freerolls then normal 3.30-11.00 tournaments? I have placed in countless tournaments on PS and only 1 CC freeroll. Is it like play money and I don’t care? I often wonder if adrenaline can even be activated with a freeroll.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The freerolls, I've found, are taken quite serious around here. I've been berated for my play in these before. Lol. I'm sure folx realize it's free and no risk involved other than your time but I think some players just wanna talk smack regardless if they're up or down. Plus they play for leader board prizes. I will say it's "upped" my game a little bit playing in them. I wonder how the next batch of sites for the fr's will pan out? Can't wait.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How many CC freerolls have you played?

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most ppl try to take it serious and still have fun. There will always be wild people in every event you play.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you look at the leaderboard at CC - you have an extremely talented group of poker players who have (in the main) been playing for a long time, you also have a group of players who cash regularly and know how to play to their strengths and other peoples weaknesses.
The standard of player today at CC is much better than it was years ago and its no fluke the same players do well and in the process they get to know their opponents game and game style.

I play a lot of online and live poker and can honestly say - its easier to cash in some micro events than it is on the freeroll - but that also depends on who you get at your table, we all rate players (being honest) and if you make good notes - then that can be profitable in the long run.
I would expect some players use a HUD too - some take it seriously around here you know lol :)

You can develop your game here or play recreationally and learn whilst benefiting from a great community that is very friendly and welcoming.

Good Luck my friends...

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's the entry value that makes things more exciting, or rather more important. What defines this is I think it's precisely the prize you can receive in cash
Many say, there's no buyin, so they don't play that seriously. But there's the prize at the end which is valuable too, and so is your time. You spend time playing poker in the same way
Time os money, for you

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freerolls here are harder than others freerolls.

But not harder than low paid tourneys.

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe so, players do more loosing call than usual,
they have nothing to lose.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For sure the field in the community tournaments is way tougher than your usual freerolls and IMO is because of the poker course we have on the site, the many educational threads and other things that help each of us improve our game... Still, there are some regular members that have a 'crazy' style you'll find in your usual freerolls and IMO it's important to make notes and try to take advantage in future tournaments...

GLGL all at the tables $$$

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Same

I find that the paid tournaments and freerolls are about the same.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play freerolls for fun. Also, the game always brings me pleasure, especially when I win and my bankroll grows. Probably the opportunity to win due to my skills and abilities is my primary motivation.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The opportunity cost of cardschat makes for seriousness.

To play a generic, low-reward free-roll, why should you care? Cardschat, the premium level it takes some of your time, being active in the community, so there is an opportunity cost involved.
I take the Cardschat free-rolls seriously, because I like the community, the other players are just as determined to win, it is much more challenging.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Still, there are some regular members that have a 'crazy' style you'll find in your usual freerolls

Completly wrong thinking is never bad idea for cardchat games though ...

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I consider that in the CC tournaments the players play nicely, they play well and they play calculated compared to a PS tournament with micromises where until you get to the bubbles it is an almost chaotic game. I'm sure that CC members get good results when they play buy-in tournaments

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is difficult to reach the bubble in the CC freeroll because the players are very good, you should not think about it so much, the money comes without looking for it, when you least expect it you will be in the bubble
Keep trying, you will succeed more and more often in the future.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone find it is harder to place in the money in the platinum freerolls then normal 3.30-11.00 tournaments? I have placed in countless tournaments on PS and only 1 CC freeroll. Is it like play money and I don’t care? I often wonder if adrenaline can even be activated with a freeroll.

$3-11?

I don't see a difference between the regular Cardchat freerollers and the regular freerollers on ACR, lol. There are exceptions but a lot of them would have issues beating the regular ACR freeroll folks. That's why they're playing the Cardschat freerolls, lol.

:confused:

Last edited:
hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play freerolls, I have more concentration and less fear of losing, whenever I play for money, I end up getting nervous and lose my concentration and end up losing, in addition to being nervous due to a mistake in play

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When tournaments are free, play is very open, do not try and play by the norm of what you think people should do. It is like playing at home. I have a Tuesday group that are very good poker players and I do win my share above average. On Thursday it is a novice group and I was below average win because of there uncommon playing style. A good poker player would adjust there style not blame the game(not say you are, just making a comparison of games). With this group if I adjusted and won a lot they may stop playing and they are really happy if the win more than me at the end of the night. Tuesday out for blood, Thursday is just for a good time.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it is hard to be placed in the money because players fromm CC are quite good
if you can make it often then you are in a good shape

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If making the money is your goal it won’t take that long to achieve! Winning one will take a lot longer! There are a lot of great players in Cardschat freerolls! If you can’t win one you shouldn’t waste you money on money tournaments!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The CardsChat freerolls are going to be very good players, especially in the platinum league, these players are very serious about this game and in these freerolls they try to try new strategies and reinforce the old ones, it's a serious training for them and they take it seriously! Each member of the platinum league respects himself and everyone who is in this league, everyone tries to learn from each other, and everyone enjoys it! Good luck at the tables! And be kind to people!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
One could think that a freeroll is a freeroll, but it's definitely not the case with Cardschat free tourneys. Moreover, they are getting harder as time goes by and as the platinum (especially) players keep learning about each other and gaining in experience.
As opposed to the other freerolls around, CC ones are not a waste of time. In fact, you could improve your game a lot if you are a beginner and enjoy some nice competition if you are an intermediate player.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I guess they are harder cause of the quality of participants..

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there's a big difference because there are also a lot of good players here who can play decent poker

Freeroll Passwords