Calling big shove with AJs, I have questions.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its easy fold rofl. Maximum its coin if you doing call. In the another situation you will be in domination. Full idiots pushitg the UTG-raisers with AT, A9, < hands XD

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ is dominated by way too many hands to call off half my stack. That is a reason you don't raise with AJ that far out of position. Maybe that is a great way to think of it. If you want to raise UTG or +1,2,3 are you going to call off your stack with the hand.

Raise then fold could be a big hole in your game.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With my 52BB, I open AJs UTG+1. A middle position guy shoves his 28BB and everyone else folds back to me. I don't have a lot of info on the guy but it's the first time he does this. So I fold the AJs. My questions: Would you call here? If not, what are the ranges of hands you would call this shove with? Remember, we don't know the player. TY:p
Youre fold was correct. 28bb shove is extremely tight... Infact I dont think I would call with anything less than AA because that's probably what he has.. He has AA KK or AKs

S

SHAEH2012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
exellent fold...he had middle pair or A10 and up ...even if you beat the lowest hand A10... do you want to risk half your stack?

B

brrrddz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in early stage, probably i would call him. later maybe i need AK+, TT+

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would call a shove in this case only if I had a good read on him as a LAG player, opening with a large range. In the given situation I would fold too.

Y

yurok42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AJs has no place Colle at ICM will prsche calculate the odds of calling! But then we do not know your opponent so that the fold will not be wrong! My decision is!

apeedgovi

apeedgovi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a fold here, unless he is a maniac raising anything. I would call with QQ+, maybe AKx nothing less. I would expect facing AK at least.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good fold, you are coin flipping at best.

A

Alex Kleinman

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aj is not the best idea lol. suited maybe....

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a big fan of AJ UTG +1. I would expect with 28bb you are very likely behind. My general school of thought is if you are that early, don't open a hand you wouldn't call all your chips with at a full table. On the bubble or short handed may be different, but generally that is a very weak hand.

Easy fold.

B

boomeranged

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Range what kind of hands a 28BB stack will shove with. All the hands in those range almost always beat AJs. Hence, it will never be a profitable call in the long run.

A

AhiRaviv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great fold

a guy you have no info about, but rarely shoves will almost always mean a monster or a very strong hand.
I say the range would be AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ.
I doubt he would shove with less than that due to the fact he rarely shoves.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With my 52BB, I open AJs UTG+1. A middle position guy shoves his 28BB and everyone else folds back to me. I don't have a lot of info on the guy but it's the first time he does this. So I fold the AJs. My questions: Would you call here? If not, what are the ranges of hands you would call this shove with? Remember, we don't know the player. TY:p

I think it was nice and right fold. Especial if it was middle MTT stage.
What my range in this case? : AKs, KK+
What about JJ-QQ and AQs+ ? As for me this cards are easy dominated by K+ on the board.
So this situation show us that your chances to catch NUTS FLUSH, calling 1/2 your stack is quit small, and bank odds are very tight.

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ is like AT, pretty much poor hand for all in.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's an instant fold for me even with AQ or AK. too many times when i started out would i get donked out calling flips with these hands. unless i'm in the money, i take my lumps and move on.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AJs is pretty easily a fold when faced with a shove that requires half of stack to call unless we have a read on opp that convince us to call
you need minimum QQ + or atleast AKs to call

TheMagic

TheMagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t think you can call at this spot. Since you had 52BB against 28BB villain, you don´t have enough equity. You can put the villain in ranges like : AK, AQ, lower pairs.

T

the0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously fold anything worse than 88 here.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Considering the fact he shoved 28bb into an early pos raise from a stack that has him covered and the fact you have absolutely no reason to believe you are way ahead and you have no reason to want to flip for that many blinds if you are not totally crushed. It is a fold. I think his play with the shove of 28bb's is stupid regardless of what hand he has (nuts or garbage) and would keep that in mind when playing him.

C

Chippyy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate AJ as so many hands beat it. So no I wouldn't call in that situation. I would of folded if I were you as well. Easy fold at that. QQ+ to call imo

K

kTactics

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely fold!

In a tourney i would call with JJ-AK and if that happens in the last table i would call with QQ and higher only

I

ivandrago

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if hes low stack, or a loco. But no, instafold. Suit or not.