Calling all in with QQ in satellite

Z

Zuuchini

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agggression is the trick

I just got busted with QdQc vs 4h3h. Hero, utg+1, with QdQc (27bb) and villian on the, bb, with 4h3h (34bb). Hero raise 11250 (sb 2000 and bb 4000) and got called, 5d4c7h on the flop. I check on turn 3c bb checks too. On the river Js shows. I bet for value and he go all in. This is just one hand he makes, but for me is it the end of the line. To call in that position is in the long run a losing streak. This means that that now and then players with compulsive behavior you could call with anything. This makes the variance pretty silly. So what to do? I can see that this is a trend so maybe shoving, or a stronger prebet should do the trick. That player thought it was worth calling 2,8 bb with one bb allready invested, so its only 1,8bb. This makes poker very speculative and therfore and also hard to reach FT. So the action is more agression regardless to position if there are any loose player in front of you. They dont think like you and you will never figure it out how they think or if they think before acting in anything the do, prob not. Do your thing.
I will keep on playing QQ and call any day in the week but with eyes on who are in front of me when i am first to act. There are ways to reach the FT more then 5% one just have to swim better then the fish and act accordingly pre flop.

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have already done it (Calling all in with QQ ) 100 times. And how sad it is and surprisingly I won only 3-5 times))) Therefore, if the stage of the game is important for you, then I would not call.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fact that you mention he was a tight player would be the only reason that I think you could find a fold here. I would have probably made the same call

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm down under visiting the family and gave the Aussie millions satellite (3 steps) a whirl. I bought in for $60 to step one and made it through to step 2 (1 in 5 makes it through). So that was a great feeling! Later that day I played step 2. In step 2 you start with 3000 in chips and I was at about 6000, blinds were 300, 600 so I had 10 bigs and was looking for a spot to shove. It was probably down to around 50 players left from about 117 and about 25 would get tickets to step three. I'd been playing for almost 2 hours and there was probably between 30mins to an hour to go. I look down at my best hand of the day, including the step 1 satellite, - pocket Queens. I'm in middle position and thinking - good I've got nice cards to shove with. Then someone in early position shoves for around the same size stack as me, a little more actually. Ahhh, I hate calling all ins in spots like this for all my chips. I also always seem to lose with QQ, but still it's a great starting hand and I'm trying to be rational and I'm trying not to let my past history with QQ effect my future play! I'm looking at him to see if I can read how strong he is, do I think he has AA or KK? Hmmm... honestly not sure, but don't think so if I had to guess.:) They count down my 10 seconds to 3 and I shove all in. He turns over AK and I'm good until the river when and A falls. That's the end of my Aussie millions adventure for this year. So sad. Did I do the right thing calling this shove with Queens? I know AA and KK is a definite call but I think QQ is also ahead of his range. He was a pretty tight player though. I think I did the right thing but would love to know what people think.

Happens all the time especially online, in a satty I'd definitely call there. Two hands beat you and your racing against AK all in all a good spot in my opinion. I was in an hour long free roll on Betonline where after an hour top 50 get paid. It started with over 2000 people and was already down to less than 300 in 15 minutes. I had a top 8 stack and people were dropping fast when I looked at QQ. I raised and the bb went all in. I actually thought about it for a while and burned up most of my time extension before I called. Same thing he had AK and drilled an ace on the river. Little different cause I was playing for 50 bucks not a seat in the Aussie Millions but I think I'd make that call most times.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easiest call ever. The only situation in a satellite where you would fold even Aces is when you're on the bubble and folding guarantees you a ticket.

J

JekinTar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm down under visiting the family and gave the Aussie millions satellite (3 steps) a whirl. I bought in for $60 to step one and made it through to step 2 (1 in 5 makes it through). So that was a great feeling! Later that day I played step 2. In step 2 you start with 3000 in chips and I was at about 6000, blinds were 300, 600 so I had 10 bigs and was looking for a spot to shove. It was probably down to around 50 players left from about 117 and about 25 would get tickets to step three. I'd been playing for almost 2 hours and there was probably between 30mins to an hour to go. I look down at my best hand of the day, including the step 1 satellite, - pocket Queens. I'm in middle position and thinking - good I've got nice cards to shove with. Then someone in early position shoves for around the same size stack as me, a little more actually. Ahhh, I hate calling all ins in spots like this for all my chips. I also always seem to lose with QQ, but still it's a great starting hand and I'm trying to be rational and I'm trying not to let my past history with QQ effect my future play! I'm looking at him to see if I can read how strong he is, do I think he has AA or KK? Hmmm... honestly not sure, but don't think so if I had to guess.:) They count down my 10 seconds to 3 and I shove all in. He turns over AK and I'm good until the river when and A falls. That's the end of my Aussie millions adventure for this year. So sad. Did I do the right thing calling this shove with Queens? I know AA and KK is a definite call but I think QQ is also ahead of his range. He was a pretty tight player though. I think I did the right thing but would love to know what people think.

I think you did the right thing. QQ is not a bad combination. I always play aggressively, both on raise and all-in. Hands to each other and good luck will smile to you.​

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering the size of your stack and level of big blinds, it was a great shove if you decided to fold and wait the BB's were going to melt your stack away. I wish luck on the river next time kk.

Poker Tells