Breaking FT's .10 tourney?

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took me over 20 tries to win that one. You need to get lucky thats all.

edit: Oh, and dont ever re-buy or add-on. Its too expensive compared to how much you get.

Jodieblonde

Jodieblonde

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that same buy in tournaments or set and goes might be the best. However, if you have lots of time and just enjoying setting and playing keep giving those freerolls a chance. Really depends on how much time you have to play.

ander

ander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took me over 20 tries to win that one. You need to get lucky thats all.

edit: Oh, and dont ever re-buy or add-on. Its too expensive compared to how much you get.

What do you mean expensive?
its 270 $ for 1st place as i remember
but then again when I played them it was 1500 chips starting stack now is 1000 and i dont know how the blinds are

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean expensive?
its 270 $ for 1st place as i remember
but then again when I played them it was 1500 chips starting stack now is 1000 and i dont know how the blinds are
The re-buys and add-ons cost 50c, and thats five times as much as the buy-in.
Its just difficult for me to see that you will get back your investment with the re-buys and addons that expensive. If you do though, then its probably correct.
When I won the first place payed over 350$.

swamplicker

swamplicker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a tip for everyone playing the .10 rebuy.....use it to earn FTP's! Say what you say??? That's right you heard me, join the FT academy and they have challenges in there that can help you earn FTP's. There's usually 5 challenges you have to complete in either a real money MTT, SNG, or ring game. This is a perfect tourney to get your points on the cheap. So even if you don't cash at least you'll get some points out of the deal which you can then use towards satellites like the 750K Guarantee or Sunday Brawl for as little as 50FTP's. Now if your lucky and you make it into the 750K or SB there's lots of red highlighted pros in those two tourneys offering you an instant shot at a $200 bounty. BTW the Sunday Brawl is a KO tourney, so $40 per KO, not bad for a 50 FTP entry. GL

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well if you buyin and rebuy right away, and then addon at addon period, but dont buy anymore rebuys, than it's $1.10 for first place winning ~$350 w/3600 entrants.
If you play a $1.10 cash Mtt with no guarantee, than you will have to face less people, but you only win about like $175 for first place w/675 entrants.
I dunno the actual math of which one is more valuable, but one reason I would play this is because it started earlier than the Fergson and Daily Dollar, so if I have school or work or whatever the next day I can still play and be in bed before the sun comes up. I think it ends at like 12:30 or 1 am Eastern time where I am at, as opposed to the DD which I have seen end at 6:30am before.

Lafayette2

Lafayette2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play this one a lot. bankroll issues and no rakeback. I came my best 60th this week. Find that if you can make it to the second hour, it gets a lot easier. Most of the people left play a semblance of real poker. You still get big stacks wanting to increase there stack by raising a crazy amount. so you have to pick and chose when to get involved. Sometimes you can't wait for premium hands because of the blinds. Picks when you have few people viaing for the pot. I find I'm lasting longer. Came in 35th twice in the $ 150 freeroll

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have to check what's wrong and why I can't see those tourney's in the loby....

hope to see you guys there, :)

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
actually, I found it, it was some setting on my end, lol, will be playing today if time permits

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, my BR is really small right now, not safe to play even the DD so I'm grinding the .25 + .5 satellites to the DD and pocketing the buy in. I was just wondering if anyone has good strategies for the ten cent rebuy on full tilt, I have only played it once recently and I got out when my opponent beat my trips by getting a full boat on the turn. I think its a good way to get back into the MTT fields cheaply without risking a lot of my BR, it also fits into my college time schedule, which it didn't last semester. I know its an unlimited rebuy with one add on, but i dont really have the roll for that and I don't like rebuying anyways, i figured you guys might have some ideas how to play this tournament... cuz u know you guys are geniuses and all and im just a lowly freeroller :D.

Any help will be welcome! :party:

I've played that a few times but it just takes too long for me.

Whatever floats your boat!

My best finish was 9th for $27.

It took 6 hours I think.

:)

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am in for today's tourney, wish me luck to get to FT.

Good luck to all CC players today.

N

Nukking Futs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the .10 tournment I would wait till the last moment to enter, the reason why is so many people will rebuy that the field does not start thinning out untill that period is over. in a rebuy people play much looser since they know if they loose they can rebuy for cheap but if they double or triple up they are good to go. so it is best to enter as late as possible and hold uot till it plays like a real poker game. but if you are still in the rebuy period then you just need to remember people are playing looser and their 1 to 2k in chips only cost them .20 to get back.

B

brandogg7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like playing the 0.10 tourny i dont like to rebuy either so i just play tight until u cant rebuy anymore it works good for me

xXSmuggla

xXSmuggla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah that .10 tourny is cheap, but dont expect to place everytime. n00bs push like its their job so take advantage of that, in the middle-late stages it gets okay to loosen up but stay tight in the beginning

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i finished 3 in that tourny last year, the main rule for that tourny is to never rebuy, never rebuy, never rebuy, did i say never rebuy. buy in for ten cents and let if fly.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hell i poket my wins on the 25+5C sng's myself!If im not mistaken i think those are the daily dollar tournys.The .10 rebuy is long ...very long and most times you will by in more than once.One bad thing about rebuy's for that small of an amount is they attract donky's from all over the WORLD! Best of luck to you ...now come back and show us a screenshot of you placed in the mooolaaa!

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6thin10rebuy

Final of rebuy

Found those in my pictures...:cool:...still haven't gotten first tho... but kinda gave up and have only played once or twice this year in the .10 rebuy.

If I wanna play a tourney style now, than I usually just go for the 45man SnG's, as they don't take as much time as the .10rebuy....and 9th place only plays 29$ or so, and 6th like 79$.. I guess that's ok if you only spent .10c, but I never can hold back and end up spending a dollar or two and wonder why I just didn't play a 2$ mtt or SnG.

Like I think I said before...I could play this and still go to bed and get sleep, whereas if I play the daily dollar and actually go deep...well FT ends at 6:30am est time or so.... I have gone to bed when the DD was running, and woke up to see the FT still going at it lolol. One time I was getting deep in the DD, and I had to work the next day...so I ended up having to quit and go to sleep while I sat out and blinded out... I don't think I've played the DD since lol.

Last edited: