Bounty Builder or Regular Tournaments?

Ziadfox

Ziadfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly prefer bounty builder tournaments because they keep me focused as opposed to waiting to reach the money.

What do you prefer?

D

dirty_nerd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty Builder or Regular Tournaments?

I play them both but I do like the bounty builder tournaments better. I had never played in one until I discovered them on ACR fairly recently and every since the first one, I am totally addicted. My most favorite is the $6.60/$5K PKO that runs daily on ACR. I try to play in it every day. That's eventually going to be my tournament.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I honestly prefer bounty builder tournaments because they keep me focused as opposed to waiting to reach the money.

What do you prefer?

I prefer to play bounty tournaments, although I play a lot of regular tournaments

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both variations have their advantages.
Bounty Builder, lower guaranteed prize, but sooner i cash reward for bounty.
Regular Tournaments, higher prizes turn harder for the bubnble to overcome.
I have had successes in both variations, i play traditional tournaments several times, nor is my playing style favored by the bounty builder

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do play both and have come to enjoy bounty builders but Franky I prefer a good old fashion regular freeze out.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bounty Builder mtts are more fun and risk, can't play them tight. Classic games are much more predictable. Both are legit to play time to time.

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not familiar with the term Bounty Builder. I do like to play PKO tournaments. If you are able to secure one or two bounties it helps offset the buy-in. Especially in large field tournaments where the ROI is low.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I want to learn to play bounty tourneys , I think it worth the time invested in them thanks to the bounties, interesting format .

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love bounties and Bounty builders are more action packed. I prefer Bounty builders over regular tournaments.

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find PKOs fun, is that the same as a bounty builder?

I think its fun because even if you don't make the bubble you still have the opportunity to make back your buy-in. It does make me play more aggressive though calling all-ins with the intention of getting the bounty instead of an evaluation of the chip situation.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I like to play both and also like to play non-holdem tournaments as pko

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like to play bounty creation tournaments, I think that lately I'm liking it a lot more, it's more fun and you have action all the time, I think that in general it's everyone's taste, to me in particular I play it because it's not necessary many times to reach prize positions to win some of the rewards, and that's a big plus for everyone, that's why the majority always choose this type of tournaments,

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play both, in bounty I like the fact that you can make money before you get into the prize zone and players make a lot of mistakes.In a regular tournament is much more boring, but also interesting))

F

Flo199992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mostly play Bounty Builder cause there is more Action. I like that :D
In regular Tourneys I sometimes loose the Patience lol

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the PKO's I've been playing half of the eliminated bounty goes to you if you knock them out, with the other half being added to your own bounty.

Does the tournament winner get 100% rather than 50% of the runner up's bounty, plus 100% of their own?

So thus basically the tournament winner gets substantially more and doubles-up all the bounties they'd claimed so far?

Is that how it works?

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Progressive knockouts are the future of poker in my opinion as more and more players are drawn to the fast action/instant win appeal of such tourneys, MTTS are great with a capped field but the allure of building a stack and covering your opponents in PKO is great, so often when i am priced in with marginal hands or lesser pairs ive called and hit..

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I like regular tournaments more! In a tournament with awards, there is often complete chaos because of awards!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bounty builder is more easy to earn money during tournament & don't such worry to be bubble.

I prefer bounty builder, too.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I prefer both. But I like bounty more.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can alternate between different tournaments. Which one is closer in time, you can participate in. I like tournaments with a knockout reward.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are a lot of weak players in Bounty Builder tournaments !!!!

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Grinding only regular mtts put a strain on me, so I like to mix other games too and for sure the bounty builder mtts are one of my favorites... Still, I understand the point to stick to one format/type of poker and try to 'master' it to get the max ROI but if you're more to the recreational side then mixing it up a bit will improve your overall experience from the game :)

GLGL all at the tables!