Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
People would like your opinion.
Strong villain playing with JJ +
AJ.AQ.AK
In this hand in the reading I had he would have AA.AK.KQ or maybe unlikely KK because of his big bet after the flop, AKo was even more in sight for me.
Flush dran for me.
Was betting everything after 33% the right decision?
I knew I was behind and needed to hit my flush on the turn or the river but it didn't work.

https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=524uKJBsp

pokerstars, $20 + $2 - Hold'em No Limit - 400/800 (100 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

Todus75 (UTG): 47,248 (59 bb)
zoologikos (UTG+1): 64,442 (81 bb)
Sergali1985 (MP): 64,972 (81 bb)
RoniSan (MP+1): 23,920 (30 bb)
alaercio (LP): 57,218 (72 bb)
RipEffect (CO): 46,462 (58 bb)
Racer111x (BU): 77,658 (97 bb)
WIDERUNNER (SB): 29,626 (37 bb)
Mr.Pedr0 (BB): 21,455 (27 bb)

Pre-Flop: (2,100) Hero (alaercio) is LP with A 3
1 fold, zoologikos (UTG+1) raises to 1,600, 2 players fold, alaercio (LP) calls 1,600, RipEffect (CO) calls 1,600, 1 fold, WIDERUNNER (SB) 3-bets to 7,200, 2 players fold, alaercio (LP) calls 5,600, RipEffect (CO) calls 5,600

Flop: (24,900) K 6 Q (3 players)
WIDERUNNER (SB) bets 17,430, alaercio (LP) raises to 49,918 (all-in), RipEffect (CO) folds, WIDERUNNER (SB) calls 4,896 (all-in)

Turn: (69,552) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (69,552) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 69,552

Showdown:
alaercio (LP) shows A 3 (a pair of Sixes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 31%, Flop: 37%, Turn: 20%, River: 0%)

WIDERUNNER (SB) shows A K (two pair, Kings and Sixes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 69%, Flop: 63%, Turn: 80%, River: 100%)

WIDERUNNER (SB) wins 69,552

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In middle position be tempted to fold to the 7.2k 3 bet in case another player squeeze shoves which did not happen here but happens a lot.
Maths wise was not a bad play 24k then 41k in pot already with opponents flop raise,
When seen the nut flushdraw was worth taking an aggressive line raising giving opponent a rare opportunity to fold or hit unlucky.

Last edited:
greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand the call of the raise and the 3 bet then with that board it seems very risky to try to make a bluff I would have folded the raise of the UTG + 1 in the pre-flop. This is just my opinion is not my intention to criticize the way of playing of any member of the community

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would usually just fold this hand against an EP open and with 4 players still left to act behind me. If I thought, he was opening to wide, I might go for a 3-bet. The problem with calling is, that it will almost always go multiway, and someone behind might put in a 3-bet. As played I would fold to the 3-bet, especially when the 3-better is sitting on a short stack. There is not enough room to draw or outplay him after the flop.

Flop
As played he is effectively making a pot sized shove on the flop, so you are getting around 2:1, which mean, you probably have to call. But its not great, because you are basically getting your entire stack in behind and drawing, and this is why, I would have folded preflop. The interesting part is, do you go all in and try to push CO out of the pot, or do you flat and try to allure him to come along? And I actually think, the right answer is, that you flat. You almost certainly dont have the best hand now, but you are drawing to the nuts, so you want COs chips in the pot for the times, where you get there.

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shoud fold preflop this hand or 100% when get 3-bet and its be wright game

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold preflop too and I don't even like raise A3 from this position if everyone folds to me.
If I want to play any marginal or bad hand here I prefer to 3bet it or fold, but then again this position is not good enough for such a move and especially not against UTG raiser.

Now since you called, the fold on the 3bet is even an easier decision. Fold.
SB has a short stack, we are certainly way behind in case he has any strong pair.or an Ace.

You end up putting 9bb in the pot with A3 to see a flop (I don't take in account the suited factor! our hand is A3! :p )
Luckily enough we have the draw to the nut flush.
Here I don't know, probably I 'm doing the same as you did.
But I much prefer what fundiver says. Since we probably have to call (I guess) and SB has put all of his stack in, a call might be better than shove because we don't want to push away the CO player if we hit the nuts. And we are already probably beaten anyway.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this is your standard play, I am interested in your advice on how to handle negative variance.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually fold with that hand, and if I 3bet it, I immediately fold, and someone before the flop is all in with two, and they manage to win, who gets the steel eggs :) :) :) :)

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
The hand is simple, once you got yourself to the flop, there's not much reading into it with those stacks, you call obviously!

But the preflop action is the issue here my friend, A3 off shouldn't call a squeeze off of the SB from MP, I am not sure but I think that with that depth A3 suited with an UTG 2x open is mostly a fold and sometimes a 3bet but never a good idea to call with all those players behind

I am not sure though

I wouldn't have played the hand the same! Hope my opinion helps somehow

gl gl

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just want to add, that the flop decision is very marginal in pure chip EV, and ICM might actually make it a fold in a regular tournament. However when we are sure to collect one and possibly even two bounties, if we win the hand, that changes things again and mean, we should be calling wider.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With this hand against 3b from middle position it can be reset. When you see a flop and got flashdraw with A and immediately got a raise, it became clear that your opponent is likely to Aj, Aq, Ak. Here it was correct to reraise allin and just as it was correctly reset. You reraise allin and you're out of luck. This is poker.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So then the pre-flop decision thinks it was not correct but after the fhush dran on the flop was the allinn raise correct?

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So then the pre-flop decision thinks it was not correct but after the fhush dran on the flop was the allinn raise correct?

For me yes, you have 40% chance to hit the nuts and your opponent is allin. You have the right odds to make the call.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Complicated

For me yes, you have 40% chance to hit the nuts and your opponent is allin. You have the right odds to make the call.

For my friend is intriguing. Because in a tournament, sometimes if you don't pay a preflop with AXs you don't hit anything and you will end up being eaten by the BBS. What do you think of this situation?

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For my friend is intriguing. Because in a tournament, sometimes if you don't pay a preflop with AXs you don't hit anything and you will end up being eaten by the BBS. What do you think of this situation?

I 'm not sure that I understand correctly what you say here. Sorry about that.
Have patience and wait for the right situation for anything.
Sometimes you have to fold AQ, sometimes you have to go allin with A3.
There are so many factors, especially in a tournament, to consider before you take action.

Of course you need at some point in a tournament to put the money in, don't end up get eaten by the blinds, but whenever you make a move, a raise, you want to do it in the most profitable and safe way for you.
For example, if every time who someone raises preflop you call with a hand like A3s then you lose chips in the long run because they are probably raising with a better hand than yours.