bluff in freerolls

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluffing in freerolls is tricky because if the opponent has at least a pair in his hand, he will call a bluff. The closer you get to the prizes, the more likely you are to successfully bluff. You can't just bluff like that. You need to have the preconditions for a bluff to be believed.

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In freerolls, bluff as little as possible... The main rule is not to panic and play with a good hand...

Reborn_Jobi

Reborn_Jobi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played a lot of freerolls, many plataforms, bluffing doesn't work in the beggining of the tournaments.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, this depend of kind of freeroll, for example in Cardschat freerolls yes that’s work if you apply correctly, according at behavior of opponents.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
serious players play seriously...depends on the circumstance however, not cut and dried...

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To bluff, you need to see the players well at the table.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you play free tournaments and even win prizes, people there don't care at all they will go to the end even on one weak map and reveal you on the river so there's not much point in bluffing there unless this is the final stage of the game where players will already play more adequately because the prizes will already be good and people will not be better motivated until then

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You can bluff in the freerolls, it's not easy because in these tournaments everything is crazy and it's complicated because many things influence it that can affect it negatively or positively

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Bluffing in freerolls does not always work, there is always luck, especially in hyper MTT.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I haven't heard many opinions about bluffing in freerolls, they were: FORGET BLUFFING IN FREEROLS FOREVER. but still, if we are talking about the late stage of the tournament, let's say you hit the money but won 20 cents, and you want to build a stack in order to go further, is it worth it to bluff sometimes, or people really don’t care and auto-call even in such conditions
I think the issue is not so much about bluffing in freerolls, because that's part of poker and nobody is profitable in the long run playing just to hit some hand on the flop. The issue is that players are mostly bad, and don't even think about what villain might have, they are blinded by seeing 2 pair even if the board has a flush/straight. The key turn is, extracting the maximum when you have a good game and you know that the fish will not fold, and losing little when you need to bluff but you know that the fish does not like to fold, but the spot favors you in the bluff.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In the CC freerolls in PS, many people bluff too much because entry to the tournament is free, but they are the ones who lose the fastest. If they want to learn how to play more or less well, try not to lie too much

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It can be done, it's not impossible, but it's not that easy either, depending on the freeroll, sometimes I think it's more luck than anything else when you manage to bluff successfully in a freeroll

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Bluffing is okay u have to sure that the player ur doing it make folds that doesnt mean he wont call but if you are against a guy who never foldn u shoudnt do it.
if u never bluff you are not playing properly

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Maybe in the late stages - when there are nice antes worth stealing... but still - you have to have a good stack which you can use to pressure smaller ones.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Can't you bluff in freerolls? Yes, you can. The problem with bluffing in general is people believe there are way more bluffs than there really are. Top professionals won't deny they bluff at times, but they also admit they will on bluff rarely. If you play in a live tournament and bluff more than a few times you may be over doing it. I am not talking about semi bluffs but pure I have garbage type of bluffs.

2nd problem most have is making a good smart bluff. You want to have some read on the player you're against and know if they can and will fold to a bluff. 3rd problem is a good bluff is telling a good story that you have a good hand and want value from there call. Of course, we don't want the call, but they need to think we want one. Even if you want to pull the trigger on the bluff you may not always be able to. Let say the river is a junk card like a 2. You 3 bet preflop and called a 4 bet. The flop and turn go check check and all possible draws missed. Putting a bit bet on that river as a bluff would not be wise and you're representing why? A set of 2's on the river. Remember i said you 3 bet. If the story does not make sense the bluff may not work.

As for free rolls. Yes, bluffs can work but remember you have to know the players you're against. These players do call to much so if you want the bluff to work you really need to make sure the story is good, or it won't work.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it depends a lot on the freerolls in question.

In fact, in some freerolls people pay with anything, but in cardschat freerolls, people played more correctly, at least when I played quite often.

Logically, at the beginning of freerolls you will see everything: crazy people, maniacs, people playing carelessly, people playing 100% of their hands... But as the tournament progresses, the game gets more serious.

Close to the bubble people fold almost everything. And in the final stages of the tournament your bets are much more likely to go unpaid.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
If you bluff in a freeroll there is a high chance that the opponent will call your bet... in a freeroll game there is nothing to lose.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bluffing in freerolls is pointless, as there are players who will call with top pair even when there is a possibility of a straight or flush out there, and if you miss your draw they sometimes may think as I do, and that is if you have it! Good Luck to you because I have had enough and want to do something else.
I sometimes don't give a hoot! when playing a freeroll as I am not going to lose anything, if I go out, So where is the problem?
My biggest problem is sometimes I cannot help myself and will try to bluff another player, but if I lose I don't cry about it, It is just a Game and there will be another Game Tomorrow!

Nandabio81

Nandabio81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I have the feeling that only bluffers win the freeroll, playing Poker and creating strategies became difficult. online poker has become a game of luck!

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
u can bluff if u have read the opponent can fold

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In the early stages of a tournament, bluffing is a lottery. In the later stages, bluffing is possible or even necessary. I usually bluff rarely in freerolls, and when I bluff I have more or less understanding of how my opponents can act in this situation. But don't forget that even in the late stages, donkeys can also be at your table.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
You can bluff on a freeroll, you just have to recognize the situation.
It is true that playing with really good hands is the most rewarding, but it isn't impossible to bluff.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with many people's opinions - bluffing in a freeroll is not a rewarding task, but you can try, especially in the later stages. I think it's incomplete to play without bluffing skills.

Freeroll Passwords