Bluff

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the players, the timing, the card , position...

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to do what you can to avoid bluffing, but if possible, bluff but bluff smartly and without compromising your stack. If the bluff did not work, or the opponent paid, be careful or give up.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're not a chip leader, the best time way to make a bluff is by being passive for a few hands and then make your move.

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, I've been bluffing less and less. Even in a higher game, everyone still calls with such a shit that one can not believe. Therefore bluffing is very rare by me.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main rule of a successful bluff - Never bluff in Fish

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am good at reading when player tries to bluff me.I see lately on spin go tables some really stupid tactic,where player hand by hand in any position limp and they don't stop, they just limp, after the flop, turn, river and stack are not matter.I explode when seeing nuts or some lucky river.Most irritating tactic I ever see

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I do not agree at all.
It all depends on the knowledge about the players and about the position and understanding of the game.

O

Olvia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
grumblbrumbl , Agree that a player with a short stack is easier to open

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a phrse from Sam Farha that i like a lot, he says that you can only bluff against good players, against bad players you have to have a good hand.Bad players do not see community cards, they just see their cards and that's why it's hard to bluff them.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously bluffing has its place in the game but in my opinion should be used infrequently. Position, knowing the players, stacks you're up against, the point you are at in the game to being ITM should all be taken into consideration. Of course. it can all blow up in your face rather quickly which is why I don't do it often. GL at the tables!

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is definitely a more favorable play when you are chip leader, But whether or not you bluff shouldnt necessarily be based on being chip leader. Bluffing is more of a strategic tactic that you use sparsely. Bluffing only cuz you have the chip lead is a good way to lose it. However, the most effective bluffs are usually ones where you can put the other player in a position where he/she is playing for all their chips or feel like they will have too. However, well timed bluffs shouldnt require too much risk. In the end bluffing is a play i recommend playing sparingly, chip lead or not

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't look at poker in absolutes - black and white thinking is wrong. There are different kinds of bluffs and you can do them with any stack size. From c-betting with air and no equity to three barrel bluffs with your whole stack. Also open shoving 67s on the button when you have 10BB is a bluff. You can get a better hand to fold and when you are called by two overcards (AK etc you still have 40% equity)

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a bluff, poker would not be the same game. No doubt, if you do not make such bets, you have no chance to be a winning player. To bluff is not an easy task, a good poker sensation is required, to hit the right time and to have the courage to do it.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In his book Theory of Poker, David Sclinks writes that the optimal strategy is to bluff in such a way that the probability of a bluff is equal to the pot odds.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with you , sometimes the Turner card is simply not and you have to bluff even with a Short stack

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find myself bluffing most around bubble time against the smaller stacks.

H

hochido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing

Never bluff. Bluffing is lying and lying is a sin. Putting your opponent in a tricky spot with correct bet sizes though? That's totally fine, even with air haha

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree with you, chip leadership gives you a big advantage over other players, so I do not advise you to bluff those players who have a small stack.

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like what sammie said.....

you can bluff the good players,but not the bad players.Against the bad players,you HAVE to have a good hand!.....Sam Farha

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is easier to apply when we are chip leaders try to steal more and put pressure on our opponents with lower stack, otherwise, if we have 25 big blinds, it will be harder to bluff because we committed to chips and we pay more often connected with weak hands, anyway it depends on how willing you are to arriegar and money you've invested in him tournament.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the chip leader plays more risky, but to bluff , it's good to read the game of the opponent, in that case you could bluff with any bankroll

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that the bluff depends on the person against whom I bluff. There are those against whom there is no point in trying to bluff. they immediately throw all the chips on the table. So I look for a certain time in the game to the opponents and only then I try to bluff. (lately it's getting worse)

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The conclusion is bad. It is not incorrect as much as it is incomplete..

When you are the chip leader, you are playing aggressively, but not necessarily bluffing. Yes there will be more 3-betting and C-betting but that is just aggression.
Also, it is possible to bluff online as much as it is possible to do so live. The problem is that mostly, people are playing micro stakes, where, sorry to say, majority of the players are bad. Bad mostly in terms that they are "calling stations" and those you just can't bluff off of hands. Also, the problem with bluffing opponents is that, people seem to think that it is enough to BET for the bluff to be successful but it is actually about representing certain hands with bets that should seam as value bets to your opponents.