Best strategy to go far in tournaments low buy-in?

S

shoty23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I get lost and angry for losing with AA or KK to 4 and 7 off.:louco:

Today I lost with AQ versus AK in a final table because the flop is AQK.But i also lose with premium hands like AA vs J7.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play very tight but agressive poker. Play very basic poker in multiple pots if you dont hit with Ak,AQ est...dont tray to do cbet chek fold be patient...with good hand tray to isolate 1 player with 3 bet end thing like dont ..
Dont do fancy plays :)

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is simply not being aggressive is best to get good results in poker and acuerdense lose nothing if you fold your hand always up strong tigh never play your good hands

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
re

Hello friends, I have managed to get through some miracles among freerrolls and low cash rooms a mini bankroll some bucks, now I started playing tournaments low buy-in, to my surprise tournament buy-in between 0.55 and 2, 20, I have found as many gamblers in some free, even I find it impossible to play good hands in the range of AQ, AJ, QK, aT and give developments, bad-bets I have been hitting, hands-range 65 suited out of position even worse, me yesterday dismissal of a big with AK on the button, you pay my BB played for almost 70% of his stack, with May 7 and get off straigh.

I just resign myself to go "All in" with Premiuns when they are between 40 and 140 players? I must abandon all intent to steal from position?

The bad-bet have tired me.

im not sure i follow exactly what your saying, are you saying marginal hands in bad position are paying you off better than having stronger hands in position, or your premium hands to all in are getting busted.

I have for found in small buy-in tourneys your 100% right players are playing them with no care like freerolls, except for a small few. i have found playing in position and keeping my all ins to a min preflop have gotten me the best results, with a pretty wide range.

I have found playing out of position with any hands and calling all ins with AK,AQ,AJ,A10,QQ,JJ, and so on have gotten me very bad results.

i like letting them gamble and reducing my gambling.

N

Niksic007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Play your own stack size without regard to the average stack size.
2) Don t tilt
3) Know your absolute hand strength.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best strategy for these tournaments is to play aggressive insurance.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best strategy to go far in tournaments is to have the correct bankroll of 100 buy ins and to study the game. you cannot be agraid to go all in in the right times or you will never win. but you must study to know when the right times are.

you must understand stack sizes and how to play when you are deepstacked (40+ bb) midstacked (20-40 bb) or shortstacked (less than 20bb)

B

bronc_busted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play ABC poker. These guys call anything so when you have the nuts make them donkeys pay. Don't get to tricky or creative with these donkeys because they don't understand what you are doing.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience indeed but there will have to be a bit of luck

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
download poker calculator and play at odds, on a distance you will be in the black.

B

bocheech21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive learned that when i get cards like AA, JJ, AK ect, the only time i end up losing is usually when i limp in. i learned its better to just raise it up to isolate a weaker player and most of the time no one will hit the flop and your continuation bet will win the pot. if they call the continuation bet then hopefully you hit the ace you need or they miss the flush or str8 draw there on. when you know your beat its ok to throw away these hands. continuing to play good hands after you know someone else has the nuts is immature and probly the reason most people lose with these hands. they dont know when to lay it down. they think AK will beat any hand that makes it to showdown. Personally myself i hate showdown unless i have the nuts. even then i get bad beat with the higher str8 or a full house to my str8.

B

bocheech21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when your dealt nice cards ( any pair ace to ten or AK ect) you should be happy. some people get stressed out and tank forever trying to figure out how to play there monster hand. it seems about 50% of the time i get these cards i end up winning the pot if i play the right way. i have to accept that half of the time i will not hit the flop, its ok hopefully youll get it the next time just be patient.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even premium hands lose. Therefore it is always better to see the flop, turn and river before taking a decision on whether to give all of your chips. Pre-flop all-in should be done only when you are sure that you have the best hand.

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use pot odds accordingly, play hands in position, and patience of course.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The micro mtt s are difficult. You can search on the net for strategys and ofcourse look on these forums.

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At low Bains usually play passively -See the flop cheaply and then shoved.

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stages play aggressively in late stages passively

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friend in long tournaments the best thing you can do is to bet on your projects, whether it's a color, a ladder and when you get a pair of low cards always look at the flop if it is not mcho the fuzz clear if you tie the trio fits not so hard because We do not want our opponents to fold, but to follow your trap, you must also be aware when you get the trio and there are cards in a row in the table because our opponent may have a ladder and follow you to complete it. But this is basically a strategy that has served me, I hope also serve you, bye luck at the tables.

O

ocbengtson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got to understand that you aren't going to cash every single tournament, you should have a bankroll that can handle variance.
Micro buy-in tournaments can be tough, but if you can make it through until registration closes, you can play survival and cash without getting involved in lots of pots.
The best thing you can do, as others have said, is to play good hands in position. Play ABC poker; stop raising with trash UTG.

Study short stack push fold strategy, you need to know why guys are calling off their stacks with stuff like Ax or low suited connectors.

Most importantly, you can't go broke if you don't get involved in pots where your opponents can take your stack.

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to surrvive, and steal blinds! Also push/fold you need to know perfectly with a 12< blinds

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten up early and don't fall victim to FPS. Bet out for value but don't press your edge just because you're +1% ev. You can afford to wait for situations where you are way ahead. Don't gamble, don't c bet, don't steal, at least not until later when you have to.

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't push your small +EV situations. Play patient, don't gamble and wait until you're way ahead to make your move. You don't have to win every chip available to you to be a winning player in tournaments

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I lost with AKs too, I raised with blinds 1000/2000 and the guy pay with QJ and he formed a pair with the queen. But I didn't fold so I lost.
I think you (and me) need to learn fold large hands if we don't see anything good in the flop. Or not c-bet to do not loose so many chips if we don't formed top pair and have informations about the villains, I think this is the best way to win micro tournaments.

M

Matthew Ueda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the micros , push/fold poker is effective and only play premium hands no point playing fancy nor bleeding chips to wonky plays