BAD PLAY? what you would do?

W

WatchThis907

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldn't have done it myself, I do love playing suited 1 and 2 gappers however. odds have to be there, and all-in generally is not good odds.

jaxpaboo

jaxpaboo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL i love how everybody is all on top of me right now. in my opinion i did a good pre call flop for only 300 more and on the flop it was a risky shove i agree but i dont think i played this badley at all. on the brighter side of poker, i certianly do not play like this all the time or even at all! i simply chose to take a risk as it was only a 3 dollar tournament and it was early on in the tournament so again i decided to take a risk. playing a higher tournament of couse i would chuck this away no hesitation. and for all the guys who say i play badley well this is only 1 hand out of infinte hands played that day so dont pretend like you know me. if you look at my history on cards chat i dont talk alot abt cards it was just one of those rare hands that i decides to play a little diferntly, and it was hilarious that i actualy hit and it paied off so thats why i decided to write abt it. But i agree with what everybody has said. 99% of the time i chuck this away :) thanks for all your comments. i thought there would be at least somebody who wld be on my side though :s lol

Wow... you are right. Stellar baller move. Please teach us more.

A

andrewsz1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally only like to make calls like that if I have 100 bbs or so. you only had about 37 BBs and you could've gotten out. But, if you had a larger stack size I like to take a few more risks like protecting with 57s or a rag suited

flatcaller

flatcaller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
David_Lill;. so big blind bets 1 said:
so you say reraising flush draw is dumb so why did you do it? Don't chase a 7 high flush, especially on a paired board. If you are looking to get it in on draw make sure your drawing to nuts or your short stack. Other wise you can probably find a way better spot to chip up other than multi way suck out shove.

D

David_Lill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WE ALL HAVE STORIES LIKE THIS, OF BAD PLAYS AND LUCKY PAY DAYS. EVERY SINGLE POKER PLAYER IN THE WORLD WOULD HAVE A STORY. IM NOT A PRO, NEVER SAID I WAS. FFS.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On CC "sometimes to earn ya bones ya gotta get kicked in tha stones". lol... You asked for honest input and people are giving it. Would you rather pick up on some of these good suggestions that players are giving you, here? ....or at the tables in the form of bad experiences? This is the same advice I was given by a forum veteran a little while ago. You can either suck it up (accept positive critique although scathing sometimes... being flat-out trolled is different tho' and should be appropriately responded to harshly...) or alienate more advanced members(& i'm NOT even hinting me, cause i'm NOT... yet anyway...) into no longer wanting to give you advice or even respond to you. "Don't be tha person that noone responds to..." lol... jk... That's just my humble and respectfully stated suggestion Dave'... I think you'll get there eventually...:)

Last edited:
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it interesting how OP eliminated any Xx5x from everyones range, especially BBs.

If anyone had implied / pot odds for calling with any 5 it would have been the BB...and he donks the flop... go figure.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it interesting how OP eliminated any Xx5x from everyones range, especially BBs.

If anyone had implied / pot odds for calling with any 5 it would have been the BB...and he donks the flop... go figure.

I feel ya... completely valid point...

... i thought to myself if i absolutly smash this flop with a flush, 2 pair or even trips this will pay off big time...
Unfortunately I still get hung up here, even with the odds... Just the thinking of hitting these particular hands pre-flop or even in general.

zarrmonster

zarrmonster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL too funny, I think you got exactly the response you were looking for. Seriously? Were you looking for a pat on the back. The play for you wasn't a risk. You were gambling.
LOL i love how everybody is all on top of me right now. in my opinion i did a good pre call flop for only 300 more and on the flop it was a risky shove i agree but i dont think i played this badley at all. on the brighter side of poker, i certianly do not play like this all the time or even at all! i simply chose to take a risk as it was only a 3 dollar tournament and it was early on in the tournament so again i decided to take a risk. playing a higher tournament of couse i would chuck this away no hesitation. and for all the guys who say i play badley well this is only 1 hand out of infinte hands played that day so dont pretend like you know me. if you look at my history on cards chat i dont talk alot abt cards it was just one of those rare hands that i decides to play a little diferntly, and it was hilarious that i actualy hit and it paied off so thats why i decided to write abt it. But i agree with what everybody has said. 99% of the time i chuck this away :) thanks for all your comments. i thought there would be at least somebody who wld be on my side though :s lol