Auto check/call ?

SexyAceJoker

SexyAceJoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation has happened so many times i fu... hate it, the players who just put that auto check on , no matter how bad their hand is, they will do all its possible to outdraw you and it disgustes me when they hit that BS hand . Im wondering what can i do to prevent certain blows or stupid calls .

I was playing in a mini , i raised with AA and get 3 callers . I raised to 5x BB by the way . Flop is A29 rainbow . I bet my set strong ( pot ) and 2 fold and this guy called so quick it was amazing . I couldnt put him on 34 because of my raise, i just couldnt believe it . Turn is a 5 and im thinking did he hit the straight ? maybe he didnt , i pushed all in trying to get him out of the draw, or thinking he had a weak A , the auto check/call was on and quickly called with 74s , river is a 3 and im of the Sit n GO. I felt disgusted completly , apperantly his fold button didnt work or they where paying him to click on the check/call .

In another occasion i raised post flop from late position with KK to 4x BB ( there was 4 limpers before me ) the button folded , SB folded , BB called 2 limpers folded and a guy from middle position who tried to limp min raised me , so i min raised back , and the BB again cold calls , and the middle raiser calls . flop is 4s9sKc , i hit my set , BB checks , middle guy checks , I bet pot, BB had the auto check/call on , apperantly on a flush draw , middle guy folds . Turn is a blank and im thinking can i prevent this from happening , do i check to not put anymore money, no thats not the way to play i was almost certain he would call but i pushed all in , imidiatly he called ( auto check/call disgusting ) flips over a 3sJs and the river for once in this live brought another blank , he was out of the tournament . I was thinking then , how do you prevent the donks from calling, even if you give them incorrects odds they will call ? Do you just look at the long term and see this as a +ev move and keep betting the pot ? protecting your hand ?

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will always have people who will ignore odds and just look at the size of the pot. They might as well just push all-in after the flop to get the drama over with. There is nothing you can do about it except play limit and not have to worry about losing it all in one hand.

The gambler are the ones that pad the bankroll, but it can be very frustrating when they do hit.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SexyAceJoker said:
I was playing in a mini

found the problem!
move up limits where the $$ is more significant and see if you can find someone who plays the same style and play as many hands as possible with him.
he will pad your 'roll like no other :)...though he will hit his draws and win a big pot against you once in a while (like the above), the pros greatly outway the cons here

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just suck it up, and put a little tag on the little fishie, so you can find him again later. Seriously, if they'll see any hand down, then you want to play premium hands like you did, nice solid game, and accept that you won't win them all... just in the long term they're probably the best players to be against as you can draw against them cheaply when you miss, and inflate the pot almost as much as you want when you hit. So you suck out say 25% of the time - if you're controlling the pot then that'll still be a nice profit. Whenever you suck out, just remind yourself that luck is why the fish play - if they couldn't get lucky sometimes and win big pots, then they wouldn't play, and it would be a lot harder to make a regular profit.

SexyAceJoker

SexyAceJoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
found the problem!
move up limits where the $$ is more significant and see if you can find someone who plays the same style and play as many hands as possible with him.
he will pad your 'roll like no other :)...though he will hit his draws and win a big pot against you once in a while (like the above), the pros greatly outway the cons here

That could be it , im playing 10 dollar sit n goes and the competition is sometimes so awfull . By the way when i say mini I refer to sit n go's , some people called them mini since their small tournys ^_^ :hello:

C

cazino

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's almost always the problem online. People can play cheap, so they don't play right. I gues it could just be that people who really don't know how to play are usually at lower limit games.

R

rickjames9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion...AUTO CHECK/CALL are one of the few online tells. An autocheck usually signifies a weak hand and vice versa. Avoid using these unless you use them to trick your opponent.