***April Sng Thread***

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sigh....I guess I have to throw in the towel. I am already down over $300 this month - and have only played 5 of the 10 days. I am entitled to a small vent now lol. This is what happened in my last session of 9 sng's:

KK vs KTs - he hit 4 cards to a flush on the river
AK - I re-steal against 2 limpers with a shove and get called by 22 - he wins
AK - flop a K, bet 3xbb get caller, K on turn, I shove he calls with KJ and gets J on river (not complaining about the call lol)
KK - all in called by A2 and he hits flush on the river
AKs called by A7os and he hits 4 cards to flush on the river
ss so shove when I flop top pair of 8's - called by 6's and he gets 6 on river
A5s 9bb's shove from sb called by 22 in bb- he wins
AKs shove called by 22 he wins
AA re-raise all in pre-flop called by A7os - he hit straight on river

I guess I have to forget Gold Star status for at least a while. I will drop back to the $5.50's and just play 4-6 tables when I have time - no more volume pushing.

:( :( :( :( :(

blah, don't throw in the towell! its inevitable that you'll go on an extremely bad run of cards, what you mentioned above seems like standard variance. gawd, even extremely good players, will go on breakever stretches, lasting for thousands of games, i always tell myself to look forward to the massive upswing you can expect if your playing good, just keep with the system, look for leaks, and tell Collin to hurry up and give you some coaching! :D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well missing 5 of the first 10 days really hurt for the volume this month. Joe's mum will be here in a week and is staying for 3.5 weeks. I can play while she is here - but trying to put in the volume I would need to at this point would be a stretch. And to keep playing the $11's - which I would have to do - seems a bit silly at this point. I have been on this losing streak for too long and it just seems to get worse.

So gonna take the pressure off the volume which will allow me more time for watching videos, getting caught up on personal things and spending quality time with Joe's mum while she is here.

I will toy around with $3.30 and $6.50 turbos and probably throw in $5.50 and $11 regular speeds when I want to. Maybe I will find something that works.

I played a set of 6 $5.50's last night and cashed in zero. I played a set of 6 $6.50 turbos and cashed in 3 with a profit so will probably try more of those today.

I also watched Collin's 2-part videos on moving up in stakes. He started with the $3.30 turbos and played a set in each of the next 5 levels - it was very good. He focused on adjusting more to who you are playing - not what level you are playing. I think it will help me some.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone. Haven't been posting on the forums lately because I went to Paris for a Go tournament. Was fun but came back with a nasty cold (still coughing like an otter).
Up to 272$ today and wow my game is much more focused. I have a much higher chance of stealing a pot when my opponent isn't paying attention and I'm able to assess situations much more quickly and accurately.
I'm surprised at how the two games (Go and poker) are similar. Going to the poker table with a go mindset appears to pay off.

If you guys don't know what I'm talking about here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

Anyway about to take a break now. Have fun ppl.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice! Paris is a beautiful city. I went to Europe a couple of years ago, stayed in Brussels in Belgium, which was truly fantastic. I would love to go back there (even though I don't speak an ounce of French).

I'm sad to say that I have not played any SNG's this month, other than the league games, which I have done well in! But yeah, I played rush to complete Take 2 on Tilt, profited about $45, plus the $25 bonus, good for $70 total. For the rest of the month I'll mix my normal $5.50 reg speed games with some $2.25 turbos to get some experience in those.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once you learn to play turbo's, theres no going back to the reg speed ;D

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
amen.

There is only going forward.

Hyper Turbos FTW!!!!

Thinking of switching to turbos but my post flop play is better than my pre-flop is why I stick to normal speed. Can anyone help me with some tips on how to adjust and maybe a shove chart for 18 and 45 man sngs?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wooohooo! first in the high orbit on stars... unfortunately that probably wont be enough to secure a top 10 spot.... anyone know how to crash the pokerstars server so i can win?

Attachments

• high orbit.JPG
    high orbit.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 81
P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good work wiz doubly so if they all 9 mans i was 1456 last week and got 15 dollars hope you get a lil more than that,

Just spewed 4 or 5 buy ins trying to cash these last two games then im having a sleep in protest of my brains bad work.! Not on my game this week think outside stuff affecting me so I will play less tables for a bit.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice job wizz, keep up the good work :).

Weeeee, broke the 300$ barrier, my br is now healthy as a horse. Really takes off the pressure playing with 30+ buyins. And who knows maybe I'll get to try my hand at the 20$ HU sng's in a week or two.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm surprised at how the two games (Go and poker) are similar. Going to the poker table with a go mindset appears to pay off.

If you guys don't know what I'm talking about here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

Anyway about to take a break now. Have fun ppl.

You know I was just thinking the same thing a few days ago. Both go and poker are similar in the mindset you got to have to trap without beeing trapped, and that you have to mix it up.
Go is more complex than poker though. Poker on the other hand has more dimensions to it than go.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Havent done too well this month, with my SnG's, but today I finaly had some luck.
Played 7 9-handed SnG's session with the following result: 3 7 3 2 1 1 1
Always feels nice to end things with three wins in a row.
Still a long way to go to reach last months result though.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good work wiz doubly so if they all 9 mans i was 1456 last week and got 15 dollars hope you get a lil more than that,

Just spewed 4 or 5 buy ins trying to cash these last two games then im having a sleep in protest of my brains bad work.! Not on my game this week think outside stuff affecting me so I will play less tables for a bit.

yeah all 9 mans, so you dont need to get top 10 to get some $$$???

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you guys find that in normal speed games people playing less push fold or icm play then in turbos???

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you guys find that in normal speed games people playing less push fold or icm play then in turbos???

ive found that there are more fish and less regs.. so yes slightly, but its just that the push/fold part comes in much sooner in turbos and your forced to play with some super short stacks sometimes, which is where having good knowledge of ICM really helps out your late game play.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah all 9 mans, so you dont need to get top 10 to get some $$$???

Nope but tthats where the good cash is plus a ticket to the shootout.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope but tthats where the good cash is plus a ticket to the shootout.

yer i want that ticket.. plus some real cash, i really dont want to look on the board again though, it will depress me once i see im in 11th place :D, i think the average is in the 1600's to get a top 10 spot, so im no hope.. :(

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice job wizz, keep up the good work :).

Weeeee, broke the 300$ barrier, my br is now healthy as a horse. Really takes off the pressure playing with 30+ buyins. And who knows maybe I'll get to try my hand at the 20$ HU sng's in a week or two.
\

have you seen the heads up super turbos? i think they are on full tilt..

nice work with the BR, keep it up! how many HU matches do you play at one time? i dont think ill be able to sit there and play like 5 hu matches vs 25 9 mans.. although i like the idea of HU super turbos.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
\

nice work with the BR, keep it up! how many HU matches do you play at one time? i dont think ill be able to sit there and play like 5 hu matches vs 25 9 mans.. although i like the idea of HU super turbos.

You play 25 tables? They build robots down under now?

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
\

wait till your first major run of bad luck and you spew 30 BI's to a knuckle dragging, mouth breather.

You'll stop liking the idea of HU STs.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
\

No I haven't checked the super turbos and I don't think I will :p, there's much more money in the regular ones. I think I'd kill myself grinding out a marginal edge in some crazy push/fold game. But time really isn't an issue when playing HU. If you play standard conservative LAG, then the match usually ends in the second blind level. Peak hour players are kind of crazy with their all-in calls.
I was 1-tabling until recently, but now I realize there are so many fish even at the 10$ games that I can easily add another one and even improve my game.

Sometimes I get bored playing 1 game and overthink things, so 2 ATM. Got back from a huge downswing just in 2 sets, won all 4 of them. Back at 290$ now. Hate the rake more than anything though, that b**** adds up.

I'm not really of a multi-tabling type, but I guess that'll come naturally as I get used to the routine.