***April Sng Thread***

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems I suck at volume goals this year but I'll have one just for the hell of it:

1 - 150+ STTs
2 - *shrugs*
3 - Profit

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried cascading tables for a while yesterday - and I really don't like not being able to see what is happening at the other tables. I had a break even session but I think I have to get a lot better before I can play like that.

I played 13 games in 2 sets last night and didn't place itm in a single game. It is very rare that will happen to me but it was very discouraging. I had loads of bad beats but it has to be more than that. I made 1 bad read and called an all-in with JJ when the blinds were 25/50 - but I wouldn't normally do that. The guy was getting his money in a lot of pots and I didn't put him on AK+ and he had AK.

I don't know if things have changed as recently as the past couple of months - or my ability to pick out regs is just getting better - but there seems to be a ton of them out there now where as just a couple of months ago I wouldn't run into them that much. At night I used to get on tables full of idiots and most of my really good winning sessions were after 6pm. Now I have wait on tables after regs get on about 6-12 - and even then they manage to get on some - if you try to avoid them altogether it would take an hour to get 6 tables going lol.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made 1 bad read and called an all-in with JJ when the blinds were 25/50 - but I wouldn't normally do that. The guy was getting his money in a lot of pots and I didn't put him on AK+ and he had AK.

Just because villain shows up with something close to the top of his range doesn't mean he didn't have a wide range in that spot. Also, you did get your money in good (56% in chips, about break-even in $EV for early game, but +EV considering there must have been some dead money in the pot when you called).

In other words, don't be results oriented.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - you are right. I am just trying to find things I am doing wrong and 2nd guessing everything I do at this point. I know mistakes are there - it is just hard to find them. Almost every game I went out of I got my chips in with the best hand.

I know my issues are earlier in the game when I need to be building my stack so that I am not shove/fold on every table when the blinds hit 50/100. In my first session last night I had less than 1300 on all 6 tables when the blinds hit 50/100 and had busted out of another in early blinds with KK.

In the 2nd session I had 2k+ on 2 tables at that point - and lost both of those stacks to bad beats.

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea - you are right. I am just trying to find things I am doing wrong and 2nd guessing everything I do at this point. I know mistakes are there - it is just hard to find them. Almost every game I went out of I got my chips in with the best hand.

I know my issues are earlier in the game when I need to be building my stack so that I am not shove/fold on every table when the blinds hit 50/100. In my first session last night I had less than 1300 on all 6 tables when the blinds hit 50/100 and had busted out of another in early blinds with KK.

In the 2nd session I had 2k+ on 2 tables at that point - and lost both of those stacks to bad beats.

How about talking a week off poker so you can come back and play when your a little more fresher and ready to play. That's what I did and I won 2 out of the next 3 and came 2nd in the other one

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about talking a week off poker so you can come back and play when your a little more fresher and ready to play. That's what I did and I won 2 out of the next 3 and came 2nd in the other one

That would cost me my Gold Star status at pokerstars which I have worked hard for.

I am leaving for Biloxi on Sunday to play in the Spring Break Poker Classic. I may play a session Sunday night. I will be in tournaments on Mon and Tues - hopefully all day if I don't get knocked out lol. Then Thursday I am going to the Masters in Augusta.

So I am not likely to play many sng's after tomorrow until next Friday. That is almost a break. :p

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That would cost me my Gold Star status at Pokerstars which I have worked hard for.

I am leaving for Biloxi on Sunday to play in the Spring Break Poker Classic. I may play a session Sunday night. I will be in tournaments on Mon and Tues - hopefully all day if I don't get knocked out lol. Then Thursday I am going to the Masters in Augusta.

So I am not likely to play many sng's after tomorrow until next Friday. That is almost a break. :p

you live and breath poker. Well hope you start getting some luck after your break.

Good luck at the tourneys

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some really nice person in this thread has offered to review some HH's for me - so hopefully he will find some leaks I can fix. He hit on a point that I talked to someone about recently and I feel certain has happened.

I had a great start - and after a while of running bad I have made small subtle changes to my game (not even meaning to in most cases) to try to adjust - which is most likely resulting in some major leaks now. The problem for me is I don't even remember how to play anymore - if that makes sense. I question almost everything I do except the obvious shove/fold moves which are what save me from total disaster right now.

I just need to get back on track and stay there when variance attacks from every direction. :)

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a great start - and after a while of running bad I have made small subtle changes to my game (not even meaning to in most cases) to try to adjust - which is most likely resulting in some major leaks now. The problem for me is I don't even remember how to play anymore - if that makes sense. I question almost everything I do except the obvious shove/fold moves which are what save me from total disaster right now.

This is typically when you should move down a level to regain confidence by facing a much softer competition, and being able to play a more simple game.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
April Goals

Play as much as I can
Post 4 hands
Review games in SNGWIZ
Enjoy the CC League (can't really be called a SNG league anymore)
Play at card club at least 8 times this month
Read Phil Shaw book

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do these people get dressed of a morning let alone press buttons lol bad night so far gonna donk around in the dollar games, like belgo said drop down get some results going again, dropping down is a step foward not back dakota and you will have to do it more than once probally get your confidance up and game right again then go crush next level...

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can we call this drop down month? Lol, I believe I will be doing the same...

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost 9 BIs tonight so I will stop after this last game, whats going on lol just cannot win a hand, guess its just one of those days and now I am starting to tilt so thats me for the night gl all.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just hate to lose my Gold Star Status. I just had a decent session - can't help but wonder if I played better knowing someone would be looking at my HH's lol.

Maybe I should pretend I will have to review every move I make with Collin Moshman - that should do the trick lol.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just hate to lose my Gold Star Status. I just had a decent session - can't help but wonder if I played better knowing someone would be looking at my HH's lol.

Maybe I should pretend I will have to review every move I make with Collin Moshman - that should do the trick lol.

In that case see how many BIs down you are if you can afford to go far lower just try to ride it out I guess, just dont lose too much money keeping gold, you can get it back again. Wish I could help you more lol but thats just the way I see it, bonuses are great and all but I want to be a winning player while getting them, I dont want my bonus to be my profit or worse my breakeven point.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bankroll is not really an issue yet fortunately. I am way way over-rolled for the $11's.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bankroll is not really an issue yet fortunately. I am way way over-rolled for the $11's.

Thats cool Dakota maybe someone here can look through some hands for you and stuff, just dont go spending all that hard earned roll ok!!

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the perks for getting/keeping Gold Star? And other VIP levels, too.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - you earn fpp's at twice the rate - which I can later use for buying bonuses, tournament tickets, store stuff.

There is a 100k freeroll every Saturday I can play in too.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some really nice person in this thread has offered to review some HH's for me - so hopefully he will find some leaks I can fix. He hit on a point that I talked to someone about recently and I feel certain has happened.

I just need to get back on track and stay there when variance attacks from every direction. :)

you might try reviewing your last game sessions just before you play a new one. i find this so helpful to me. during a session if i review right before i find myself missing less shoves than if i dont review. idk what it is but if i don't review prior i seem to play very timid and just wait till the money.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i like you avatar marginal... just to completely change the focus of this thread...

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a confession to make. The last two days I've been playing a donkament both evenings. €108.5 satellites to the €320 satellite on Sunday to the first event of the French Poker Series: http://www.francepokerseries.fr/en/

I shipped it yesteday, but maybe i'll play it again tonight for the T€ as it was really soft. Although it's a bit boring too since it's essentially a Triple-or-Nothing, so you play this really tight.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a confession to make. The last two days I've been playing a donkament both evenings. €108.5 satellites to the €320 satellite on Sunday to the first event of the French Poker Series: http://www.francepokerseries.fr/en/

I shipped it yesteday, but maybe i'll play it again tonight for the T€ as it was really soft. Although it's a bit boring too since it's essentially a Triple-or-Nothing, so you play this really tight.

Good job Belgo so this will be your first live tourney win?