Anybody ever fall asleep during a tourney?

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a tournament and went very well and did not even notice how I fell asleep))When I woke up I still had a decent stack, but my body told me to go to sleep and I went to sleep))

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can honestly say that I never feel asleep during a game but I can say I have really just wanted to close out a game and just go to sleep. Most part if I am tired I just don't log in and play.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes, I have fell asleep many times during a tournament.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fell asleep several times, too. Specially when lots of players all-in preflop. :eek:

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes fall asleep at a cash game, and I've also fallen asleep a couple of times in a long freeroll.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have fallen asleep many times during online tournaments. Drinking coffee should help though

S

SpaceMage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play poker to try to et to sleep. So, no. I have never dropped off the sleep during a tournament.

As I mostly play satellites when I am trying to get to sleep. If I win a ticket to the next level, I will sometimes fall asleep while waiting for the next tournament to start. :eek:

Actual tournaments I try to play during my normal awake period.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL. I was playing in a FT freeroll this morning after about 9 hours of poker. I started dozing off when I had about 8,000 chips, with about 1200 players left. Next thing I know it's an hour later and I'm still sitting at my computer. I look, and I've still got 1800 chips! So I start playing again. I went on a hot streak I have rarely seen, and in about 15 minutes I'm sitting in 22nd place with 48,000 chips. I wish this story had a better ending, but I pushed with K-10 suited and got knocked out by pocket sixes in 62nd place. So close, yet so far. Oh well.

yes, not once...

F

Fabianello99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do, then there are the nights where I'm tired and then I blinded out from the tournament and the poker table :mad:

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I have fallen asleep a few times playing a poker tourney online. There are times I want to play that I just fall asleep which I thought I was able to stay awake for the tourney.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has never happened to me, I always open the lobby to play poker when I feel like it, because otherwise I do not do it, that is why we must be aware of that, sometimes we make mistakes to play when we are not very well on that day, and more when they are tournaments, which need several hours of play.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleepy Time

I have it was in the early Am hrs on weekend. If I don't nap on weekends it catches up to me night. Kinda like those early Am tables. Maybe catch somebody sleeping;)

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Plenty of times online. Worse when running deep and playing for a long time and have final table chips and fall asleep during a break and wake up to cash but not get a change to play the final table and perhaps win, bad bad feeling. Also the most was a 109 buy in tourney I fell asleep. Bummer

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fell asleep, woke up but in this state you can’t play optimally

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all
Once I fell asleep before the tournament, when the tournament woke up, 1 hour passed, I looked at my stack and was surprised, I had an average stack, it turned out that when I was sleeping, my younger brother came up and went all-in twice and won, in that I took 3rd place, luck was on my side

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's hysterical! Sometimes lady luck is on your side, even if you are sleeping.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I have fallen asleep in the middle of a bullfight, since they last a long time and I had not programmed myself well

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've done that. When I woke up, I wasn't in it, anymore. Thank goodness, it was a small buy-in.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as a matter of fact i did doze off in mini real money tourny late at nite ,but i won buyin money and small extra

X

XsMALsX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never happen for now haha

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, to many times, because working to much but love to play tournaments and as we all know that they can be five+ hours long. Even have slept once in live tournament. Maybe I have problem of staying awake.