Anybody ever fall asleep during a tourney?

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL. I was playing in a FT freeroll this morning after about 9 hours of poker. I started dozing off when I had about 8,000 chips, with about 1200 players left. Next thing I know it's an hour later and I'm still sitting at my computer. I look, and I've still got 1800 chips! So I start playing again. I went on a hot streak I have rarely seen, and in about 15 minutes I'm sitting in 22nd place with 48,000 chips. I wish this story had a better ending, but I pushed with K-10 suited and got knocked out by pocket sixes in 62nd place. So close, yet so far. Oh well.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
once I was in a $2.20 hot tournament and I was chipped and it was already 5:30 in the morning and out of nowhere I blacked out because of tiredness and woke up I had already finished the tournament and had dropped to 18 then I was sad with tired because of this tournament that I was fine and fell asleep because of it!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When I reach that state of fatigue in which I know I'm falling asleep, I retire and I'm done with that game ...sit out

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a lot of experience falling asleep especially during the night time play

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talking during the game is evil.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Once I played a $3.25 satellite into the $27 MTT ACR used to have. That was around 5pm. I ended up winning a seat. I had worked that day from 7am to 3pm and was really exhausted. I emailed them asking if I could unregister and play the following day (9pm) but they refused. So I got a cup of strong coffee and decided to play anyway. That was definitely the weirdest tourney I have ever played in my life. I was literally sleeping on and off without knowing for how long at a time, just kept going whenever I woke up till I found myself in the final table during which I dozed off a couple of times, but I woke up once and I was heads up, dominated by 5 or 6 to 1 but somehow managed to win ($1.265). Go figure !

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Luckily it never happened to me. I had some deep runs in tournaments while playing through the night but somehow I never wa tired during the game. But after finishing I immediately fell asleep when everything was over :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it already happened to me too. But it only happened when I was playing freerolls, so, at least I didn't lose any money. :)

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have fallen asleep grinding $2 MTT or Freeroll when it was late. The last one was MTT froze for 30 minutes, so I went to bed with about 18 left and had above-average stack.

B

bj999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sleep

Yes i have fallen also a sleep several times online. I've even fallen a sleep playing live.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When everything goes well for me in a tournament, I always fall asleep.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah happened a few times to me in the early hours once I was chip leading a small stakes $1 tournament and had an insane chip lead with about 30 left.
I fell asleep and when I woke up I had been blinded out and still finished 4th

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess most of you guys do fall a sleep so its not just me , now i feel better :D

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played from 12 to 6am in the morning once in a tournament. Finished second. That was at the limit of tiredness and concentration. You really have to be sharp to contest for the entirety. Easier said than done tho. I find long tournaments sophoriphic at the best of times.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would like to be able to say that it has never happened to me but unfortunately I have had it a few times where the tournament lasted all night and I just fell asleep. It hasn't happened very often but I think it was at least 2 or 3 times. And it was a long time ago, but 2 of the 3 that I remember still got quite far and was on the ft. I was annoyed that I fell asleep, but then tell myself that at least I didn't make any wrong decisions. now I try to avoid it by not playing as often at night especially when I don't feel well enough to see it through to the morning. And that sounds easy, but when you consider that most tournaments usually last 8 to 9 hours, it gets a little more difficult again. Although I play a lot less poker these days than I used to, it still happens every now and then that I sit in a tournament all night, but I haven't fallen asleep doing it, at least not until now

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has never happened to me that I fell asleep in an online poker tournament, but what did happen to me is that sometimes I have the habit of buying a ticket for a tournament several hours in advance, and once I bought the ticket and forgot to play it, I do not know what happened to me but then I realized when I was already eliminated, are things that happen and remain as anecdotes to tell, but it is the only thing that happened to me.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, at partypoker I registered in one that started very late, Blinds 12m... Woke up in the same situation as you :stoned:

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
haha that has happened to me many times, many times I woke up when I had already been eliminated, but once I fell asleep for a long time, but at that time I had a lot of chips and when I woke up I was already close to the final table, I managed to reach the table final and I won the tournament, I think it was something epic for me, at least at that time when my game was not as good as it is now

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes absolutely I do, sometimes I'm so tired I'm lying in bed with my eyes closed and my laptop by my side so I hopefully wake up when the "its your turn, stupid!!" buzzer goes off.

Of course, then there are the nights where I'm tired AND drunk, I had one of these a few nights ago and when I groggily awoke from my stupor, I realized I had missed the buzzer, the poker site sat me out, and then I blinded out from the tournament and the poker table had closed. LOL Oh well, gg. Sorry for delaying the game when I timed out. :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I fell asleep several times during the break. Once while playing in a $ 55 buy-in tournament and it was sad. But after that, this did not happen again.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

1 time. I nodded off and when I woke up I was pretty low on chips. I decided to bomb some pots and either chip up or bomb out. Hit a couple of pots and chipped up some but ended up bombing out. Shut down and went to bed.