Anxiety in poker

R

RobiJisul

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Don't be too hard on yourself, and focus on improving your skills and enjoying the game. If anxiety becomes overwhelming, it might be helpful to speak with a mental health professional to develop strategies specifically tailored to your needs. Stay calm and keep practicing; you'll get better at managing those tournament jitters over time! 😊 Here is some information about mental health and humanistic therapy, which could be beneficial in dealing with stress and anxiety in various aspects of life, including poker: https://www.mentalhealth.com/therapy/what-is-humanistic-therapy

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Anxiety is the worst enemy of anyone who plays, any type of game that requires patience, something with long-term gains, is very difficult..

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I understand you completely, it is something that happened to me the first times when I ventured to play it, over time I avoided playing them for that reason, I think that in my case that anxiety comes from the fact that since the blinds change quickly, I feel the pressure to win chips as soon as possible and throughout the tournament you must keep winning. There is no opportunity to stall and wait for a monster hand to help you. I also think that anxiety is worse if you register very late in the tournament. If I am going to play that type of tournaments I must register from the beginning to avoid feeling that pressure or anxiety

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Your comfort is a very important aspect. If you feel uncomfortable, you should do everything in order to determine the cause and localize this anxiety of yours. If you do not feel calm, comfortable, then your chances of success are significantly reduced. The reasons for your anxiety may be different, but maybe you just don't like turbo or hyper tournaments. Try playing regular slow tournaments, hope this helps you solve this problem.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Anxiety and anxiety are related, but the former is a separate phenomenon, while the latter cannot exist without the former.Anxious people with a healthy psyche are overly sensitive to irritants - from the outside it seems that they are just looking for a reason to worry, but in fact it is their brain that is in heightened anticipation of danger.I myself am an anxious person whose anxiety goes back to childhood.For poker players, controlling automatic thoughts is especially important, and especially for online grinders. The reason is that in an effort to automate the decision-making process, they often fit erroneous judgments into the pattern of automatic thinking and reactions to hands.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if playing poker makes you unhappy and doesn’t bring you money, you can try another pastime

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Maybe it's because of the pressure that you need to earn chips as soon as possible to be able to continue in the tournament, that has happened to me a lot, I try to play those types of tournaments from the beginning and I try not to get carried away by that pressure of winning chips, so you can't enjoy the game

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like fast poker call fold or raise its not rocket science