E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Why when I play poker in hyper or turbo tournaments do I feel anxious when playing them? It is normal ? What do you do to get rid of that anxiety?

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why when I play poker in hyper or turbo tournaments do I feel anxious when playing them? It is normal ? What do you do to get rid of that anxiety?
well in those kinds of tournaments I find that the only way to get rid of the anxiety is to take it slow and think each hand through. It helps if you are only playing on 1 table. I hope this information helps you.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think the only game plan you can really make for turbos is to follow a good push/fold chart and let the chips fall where they may.... play your game👍

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Play other formats if you get anxious. Poker is meant to be fun.

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It cant be fun without a little stress

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Game selection is important to winning. I simply don't play formats I'm not comfortable with as that's just giving money away. I only play for a hobby but I don't play to give money away. My advice find a format you're comfortable playing. In my opinion 10+ min blind levels is where it's at. Couple unlucky hands in a turbo it's over...not so with 10 min blinds. Couple unlucky hands and you can still have plenty of time and chips left for when luck swings your way.

6 max MTT's with 8 min blinds is pretty good as well as losing the extra players from the table gives a lot more hands. Makes losing the 2mins/level not really matter. Couple unlucky hands you still have lots of time and hands left.

Cheers!!!

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't know, I don't have any anxiety

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Of course it is not for everyone, but my Dr. prescribed an anti anxiety medication which works for me ( not just for poker of course).

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you're anxious about fast games, it's best to play slow poker.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Play just for fun. If it gets you angry, take a short break and do something relaxing.

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's normal to feel anxious at Poker, but in my case I feel more anxious at regular tournaments. What I do to control and try to listen to a song that I like, to see if the time goes by a bit, usually helps.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I adhere to bankroll management, and thanks to this, my nerves and my funds are always safe. I have nothing to worry about, so the game gives me only positive feelings :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the pressure of build a stack faster can make some players feel more anxious. I feel this pressure, but it does not make me feel anxious. If you feel anxious, I think the best option is to play regular or slow tournaments.

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
anxiety is part of the game man. The rush of losing everything and the thrill when you don't.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I think anxiety can set in when you're playing for the last amount of money) and for this reason I always play for what I can afford to lose

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yea its normal... perhaps you should play more slower tables?! For me dont get anxiety i dont focus too much in only one table :p

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If it happens to me sometimes, I feel a lot of anxiety, especially when things are not going well

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What do you think causes your anxiety? If it is the fast structure or short decision time, then Hypers and Turbos probably aren't for you.

Maybe you're playing too many tables, which is easy to fix by just dropping the number of tables until you're more comfortable.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Anxiety is normal because of the speed with which the blinds increase, if you want to not worry so much play 2 tournaments or more at the same time

Saul2025

Saul2025

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Imagine yourself after 10 years of playing same kind of game. How it changed your attitude?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
apparently you don't play games like turbo and hyper turbo the more games you play in this mode, the sooner you'll get used to this game mode just play more and everyone will go away when we all first started playing these modes and you can try slow mode

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't play in hyper tournaments because I don't like such fast games. Hyper tournaments are more about bingo than poker. If there are tournaments that cause you anxiety, you can simply not play in them and, accordingly, you will not feel anxiety :)

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I make my goal to play the best poker I can and when I do that I cant do more it is impossible. Then if I loose(learn) or win doesnt mather and it helps with lowering the anxiety for me.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
are you playing big limits ? If I play tournament with 20$ or more buy in I'm getting anxious too

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm also not a fan of fast poker, I was so annoyed that time was running out and the stack was getting smaller, I just stopped playing fast tournaments