Not open for further replies.
J

jackwildcard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a big percent of the time a high stack will call you down no matter what

thats the metality of a big stack donkey.. first of all i say you should have raised preflop and raised post flop if he is going to call you down well you can't do anything about it.. i have also noticed that so many ppl bluff call AK AQ so ppl aren't as scarded to bet against you.. and its an added bonus if they hit two pair with a stupid hand cause they know if you holding some ting big your calling.... gl tc .

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You basically have 12 BB. You are real close to, if not at, either all-in or fold with these blinds. So, preflop push them in!

K

kidstender

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your basic thinking with big pocket pairs especially short stacked is win a little, or lose a lot. People tend to get to attached to the pair so its best to raise big in the pre flop and do a continuation bet to see where your hand stands.

C

chefjimmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was just a time when they fail

but like others i too would have trying to isolate the hand...i,m not a big all in player but i think here you allowed that player in the hand..10-6...shouldnt of seen the flop

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should have isolated youself with only 1 player because otherwise you run the risk of getting outdrawn either on the flop or turn

C

cardshark805

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either one of two things.

Go all in preflop or slow play and still lose because if he gonna call with tens no matter what after the flop becuase he can spare it in chips. Your best odds in my book would be to move all in preflop becuase stealing the blinds is better than losing and he might of folded. You never know though with the way some people play he still probably would of called!

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all in preflop or slow play and still lose because if he gonna call with tens no matter what after the flop becuase he can spare it in chips. Your best odds in my book would be to move all in preflop becuase stealing the blinds is better than losing and he might of folded. You never know though with the way some people play he still probably would of called!

An interesting comment and it is definitely something to ponder. Whereas pushing with pocket rockets IS NOT stealing the blinds (I think of it as taking them down--and no not the same), it may appear that you are trying to steal them. So, you may get called by a broader than normal range of hands. But this my be only true if you were first to act in early position.

We have very little information to go by here. You need to post the complete hand history in addition to your opinion as to how people at the table have been playing to get meaningful feedback. This would give us your position, the size of everybody's stacks, as well as the positions of the others that you let limp.

Saving hand histories is a good thing. It is nice sometimes to go back after you have had a chance to cool down and look at what really happened in the hand not just what you remember.

Last edited:
J

jokerjay311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with your stack as short as it was id of pushed to hopefully get only one caller (the big stack, not knowing his hand or outcome of course). if you min raise and only he calls he'll call the all in u make after the flop cause most cant fold top pair. better idea to push, isolate and hope the cards fall in your favor. when u invite three or even two others to the flop with you and your pocket aces, you can be sure that those aces will get cracked 7 or 8 times outta 10. i cant stand getting aces online anywayz, no one can fold anything preflop anymore, too many calling stations.

C

ChipnChase

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when you have A's and it is raised b4, if your in early to mid position you should reraise to stop other callers, if your in late position and there is other callers then you should reraise to isolate the original raiser...but if your in late pos and there is no caller then flat call is OK...

your flat call on the flop was bad play...you should have raised him there and then, if he shoves over your reraise then insta call, he never has the 4 or pocket 10's if he does that...if he flats your raise and the turn is no another 10 then you get all your chips in then.

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading the advice given in this thread I decide to give it a try. I for the most part slow play A's and it seems like most of the time I get them cracked by someone playing 10 6 os. Well last night the advice given worked 5 of the 6 times I got A's and of course the 6Th time grrrrrrrrrrr they got cracked by lol K5 os, flop KK5 turn A river 3. Point is I see for the majority of the time, it works. The guy beating me with the K5 os I would guess plays any two cards. I just got unlucky it was against me

U

UFCcantstopme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

Honestly, i will usually raise preflop unless everyone before me folds and only one to two people are ahead of me. With aces, you do not want 3 others to see the flop with you. Keep it to one to two people. In your hand, at the river i probably would have been able to fold. If you did push allin on the flop or turn, i believe he still would have called. Preflop, next time raise depending on what position of the table you are on.

motyennif

motyennif

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One quote from T.J. Cloutier says "Be a bettor, not a caller". It seems you simply called every bet, which labels you as a calling station, even with AA.
Pre-flop would have been your best chance to show aggression and make your opponents think. You should try to reduce the number of opponents in a pot and make a big enough raise that makes it difficult for them to call.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have raised him pre flop. The chances are the others would have folded and he might or might not have called. If he stayed in which is likely then you have to be prepared to fold if you think he might have a better hand. Loose players get away with murder in games but most of them can play and if he bet into you after you had raised then do the hard thing and fold.

M

munkie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would anybody slowplay Aces? It's just one pair. RAISE, RAISE, RAISE! Get it down to heads up preflop.

BetUICan

BetUICan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise

Oh you definetley should have raised AA and tried taking control....but alas...there are those who play badly enough to chase down anyway...especially if they have chips. Some feel that's an excuse for playing a bad hand I guess...lol.

Unfortunately...no matter how well you play them...Aces get cracked many a time.:(

N

n2kfactor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would be ok if you got a lot of chips in preflop only against 1 player and then slowplayed it after flop if he is giving action..but u cant afford to see a flop with so many players and play this slow then...its going to lose most of the times..but actually speaking , you just got unlucky not your fault....if there is any fault , it is preflop not postflop..unless you had lot of chips so u can fold on river

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late in a quarter tourney, I've got about 5k in chips and the blinds are 200/400. I haven't played for about 10 hands (lots of 3/8 offsuit). Dealt pocket Aces. Big stack (20k) raised to 800. 3 of us go along. Flop is 10, 4, 4 all off suited. Big stack puts in 800. I call, the other 2 fold. Next card is a 6 (another suit). He raised to 1800. I call. River is another 10. He puts me all in and I call. His 10, 6 os takes me out (full boat).

So, should I have raised pre-flop, or slow-play and fold after the turn or river? Or, should I have raised after the flop? He was playing loose, and probably would have called with his pair of 10s.

well you should probably go all in preflop cause think that your stack was short according to the blinds.. ( you just had less than 13 bb) so if you re raise you will be pot commited and if the flop is for example kk5 and one of the players bet you will have to call, so in this particular case i think you just play the hand wrong and the correct option here was to push all in...

Status
Not open for further replies.