Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
FT's can be very difficult to navigate, especially with aggressive opponents. Stacks are generally very short, which means a lot of shoving and ICM is a major factor.

I would recommend studying ICM, there are plenty of books and online content out there.

Also, Gareth James has just released a new book called The Final Table. I have not read it, so I can't comment on the book specifically, but Gareth is a great teacher, so I'm sure it's worth every penny!

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
identify the most aggressive players at the table and play against them in position, and steal the bbs from the more passive players.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just realise that on almost any final table there are several others who are feeling the same way you do - unsure what to do to start with, until they settle down. Knowledge is power - so use that knowledge and don't be afraid to exert a little pressure when you think it might pay off. You'll have to take chances on that final table just like the earlier ones. Don't go into your shell and be blinded away - Poker Orifice's suggestion of pretending that it's one of the last two tables is a good one.