All in without stopping?

M

M4rCOS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to post a thread about this situation as well. It has happened time and time again, especially on freerolls where people don't really care if they win or lose, just going all-in with rubbish cards and somehow getting lucky.

On the 100$ daily freeroll tournament from yesterday, I was on the small blind, I call 10 to see the flop and this dude on the big blind goes all-in. Why would you do that? (I said to myself) So I folded due to a low hand. I think I had a queen and a seven or something like that.

A few hands later, I get an ace and a queen, I guess I should have raised, but I wanted to see what's on the flop first, so I called the blind and the same dude, goes all-in again.

So I got mad and went all-in. He had ace and tree of diamonds. I had about a 68% chance of winning. I end up losing to a color flush :(

Moral of the story...don't let your feeling get in the way. Wait until the time is right unless you are on your last dime and have to go all-in regardless :))

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are sort stack you cant wait too long, with A high or K high with suitable hand or maybe small pair you should go with them, or you will be busted from the blinds. If you are in good position just wait and the revenge will be sweet. I know its nerve wracking, but you don't have any other option.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for the hand you are comfortable to go all-in with against a very loose player. (In my case any 10+ pair would do it.) Check/Call his all-in.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, that in this situation it is necessary to wait for strong pocket cards and if possible to play in late positions. In such situations, there is a great opportunity to increase your stack.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually you're just relying on luck in this situation, even if you give yourself the best chance by waiting for a high pocket pair. I was comfortably close to the money in a tournament with one massive chip leader throwing all in every hand and everyone just folding. The longer that went on you could see other tables playing more cautiously and folding round meaning gradually I was getting closer to bubbling. I get AA in big blind and auto call the all in. 6 - 2 off. 6 on flop. 6 on river, This is just the most recent example

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A good position and a good map, but there you’ll be lucky.:cool:

B

BrewCrewWI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh well had a response computer decided to go back and erase it all. You're only getting this one:
Let the timer run out for your play every time til you are moved to another table, or they've busted out(hopefully to a top 4 hand you were dealt)

B

BrewCrewWI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well. First once I realize this is going to happen. I let the timer and time bank run to zero til I'm folded out. This sounds like very early game type moves. 2hands may go by and you or they are moved to another table.

2nd play your position to those going allin. Wait for a time when the crazies just number 1 and you have a nice range of hands that you would shove if you were small stack below 10blinds and get ready at your chance to win a heads up vs their allin.
I mention the isolated part because when 2 of them are all-in then you probably want PPs JJs+. It gets to the if you have AQ or even AK these two donks have likely 4 live cards against your hand, and it only takes one to hit their pair and you to not hit the pair and you're gone.

Another is if somebody who's not an all-in player going allin themselves or raising playing a hand they hadn't. Gotta respect that they have a hand to go up against an allin. Are you beating such a hand?

What I hate the most is the dumbest comments these players will say going allin being I got to go take my chips. Simply, if you have got to go. then sit out or even better shove all your stack but 1 chip and then fold after the flop. then sit out with that 1 chip. Nope, nah, not going to do that because being a donk and winning gets their rocks off?

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to consider many aspects to call someones all in preflop, for example your position on the table, how loose or tight is the player who is shoving all in, their stacks and yours...i would said that your move really depends on many factors but in general you shouldnt call an all in unless you have a decent hand like aj or kq, maybe a10 or kj against a very loose player, and its much better to be on late position when you make the call because your odds of winning highly decrease when more players are invloved in the hand. so if 2 or more player goes all in your hand should be very strong like ak, or pocket tens or jacks at least to consider calling the shoves.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All you can do is just wait for hand that is premium enough to call.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easiest thing to do here is to tighten up and pay attention. Are there multiple players doing this at the table or just one? When you get in tables where at least one is playing all in every hand it usually means all players not playing crazy will tighten up and only play very good hands. Make sure you are not over calling one of the players that has tightened up unless you are at the top of your shove range.

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot depends on my cards .... and position too.