EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I go all-in because I'm only interested in the top places. If I drop out, I won't lose much. If I win, my chip stack will grow strongly.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I go all in and I do this because I aim to reach the final table and not just to get into the money where the profit is sometimes lower than the initial investment to enter the tournament, my goal from the beginning was to go to the end no to stop on the way!

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've seen this movie several times.
it's just a trap.
fold and we go to the ITM.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Point to ponder.
Quote1

Last edited:
rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes unless its a satellite or if i had a very short stack ( less than 5bb) i would probably risk my stack with aces and try to triple up my stack in order to make a deep run in the tournament,

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you have a low stack then you are grabbing the a few chances to go all in. You cannot wait because the other players with higher stacks can wait much more!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question, I really struggled on whether I would fold or shove. In the end you have the weapons of mass destruction. It would probably depend on the moment as to what I would do, but I voted "shove".

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The all-in bet is used both by players with a strong hand to take as many chips from an opponent as possible, and by players with a weak hand to force an opponent to give up. The technique is also used in some poker strategies: for example, in the “push-fold” stage, where preflop a player with a small stack either folds or plays for all chips. All-in is often used in two cases: the hand is strong and you need to increase the pot , or the hand is weak - and you need to force your opponent to throw away the cards.There are other situations as well. Let's say you're on the pre-final table of a major tournament and you've got a good stack. Then opponents with short stacks will try to "sit out" to wait for others to fly out. It is appropriate to play all-in against them - few people want to take risks before the final table, so the blinds and antes will go to you.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So you have been grinding the tournament for several hours and now in the bubble with low stack. You are dealt AA at CO, UTG & UTG+1 shove all-in both covering your low stack. Would you call all-in possibly loosing everything with a bad beat from several villains in the hand (possible also to at least triple your stack & continue with the tournament) or fold and be guaranteed ITM? Pls cast your votes!
Of course it depends on how they were playing the hand, but usually, when talking tournaments, I tend to believe is worth to wait for a winning hand or a good bluff situation. We always hope that they have something but not as good as our hand, but in the end is less risky to bet when you got something and they got nothing. Is like any investment, bigger the risk, bigger the winnings, but in poker tourneys I tend to be more conservative about my stacks. So, my choosing answer should be fold, definetly fold. But how should we know, we think in ranges because we cant really know the exact result when calling a rase.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA all-in... cracked! It happens.
AA

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless its a satellites, and we already have enough chips to cash, AA preflop is a call all day, even if the entire table has already moved all-in. Its a great chance to build a big stack and make a run for the final table. Of course if you are on some kind of freeroll like a platinum pass for the PSPC, and a min-cash would really improve you life situation, then you could choose to go for "the one bird in the hand rather than the ten on the roof". But thats the absolute exception. If we cant afford to lose the buyin, we should normally not be in a tournament to begin with.

This and Matt Damon teaches us that fortune favors the brave.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
AA all-in... cracked! It happens.
View attachment 323669

Here I am to the right of you... That player played a really big range throughout the tournament. It's a pity that he got lucky (a very weak player had a huge stack, in the end he finished only 65th place)...I lasted until 22nd place but AT didn't pass against KJ

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is +EV when going all-in even on the bubble. Don't just care about one situation. If your decision is good, you will earn money in a long run.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Folding AA only when the prize is very close and the prize is very good!

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm new to poker so I think I might go all in

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
No matter the situation, i would never fold Aces preflop, i would postflop but never preflop, because a pair of aces has a high chance of winning

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Definitely call, there's no better hand than AA. Even if I cure it, so be it, but luck loves risky ones

nachopaulo19

nachopaulo19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that being in the money zone is more important than reaching the final table, because at least that way you will make a profit or recover part of your investment.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i would fold at that spot because i would want one of them to get eliminated so i am ITM . and you dont want to go all in with AA against 2 people at once . well i mean 2 people is "ok" still ....but not when you are on the bubble imo .
I'd never thought of it that way, but you made an excellent point. Thank you! ❤️

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been eliminated so many times with AA, I go with everything anyway, all-in

Folding in Poker